realistic predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetzIII, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

All these predictions are meaningless. We should win next against the hapless Bills and that is all that matters right now. There is no doubt alot of work to do but we have been improving in some areas every week & we should continue to improve so who knows at this point.

2. ellenangel

ellenangel New Member

It's getting harder and harder to read the posts here as it seems that every "Jets" fan thinks that Pennington is horrible; Mangenius is a dope: the Jets "D" stinks and the offense is average.

What I see is that the lost to a Patriots team that "cheated". They just missed beating a good Ravens team in Baltimore and they coasted to a relatively easy win against Miami.

True they let a mediocre quarterback like Trent Green pass the Dolphins back into contention in a game that the Jets dominated (even though the statistics would not indicate that). How many NFL teams do the same using the prevent defense?

The Jets beat the Dolphins. That is the only thing that matters. Six months from now, no one will remember that the Jets let the Dolphins back in the game. Everyone will only remember that the Jets won.

Being ever the optimist (but also being ground in reality), I know the Jets will win at least 10 games this year!

3. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

We talk about what they need to improve on for the next game and they come out doing the samething.:mad: I just don't understand what is going on with the D and for them not to make any adjustments...

4. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

this is a 4-6 win team.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

But they did.

As for yesterday, go back and look, anytime this team gets up (which isnt too often), the defense goes vanilla.

I hate it, but you can't accurately assess the defense by how they played once they were up 18.

Chad, with no running game can beat a bad team like a drum.

If the OLine continues its march from awful, to merely average, with Jones in the backfield, they should start beating more than just bad teams.

But Losman is now Out, (Thanx Vince Wilfork), and that means 3 mmore games against atrocious opponents.

The schedule between now and Thanksgiving has ONE opponent, that looks insurmountable, and thats Dallas. However, we have the bye leading up to that week (coming off to face Pitt. then Dallas 4 days later...), and Dallas will be playing through the schedule.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm betting that Marshawn Lynch goes for 100 against us on Sunday. Whether or not that's enough for the Bills to win I have no clue at all. They're ravaged by injuries at this point, missing half of their defensive backfield and Chad could have a field day. They're a very bad team at the moment.

7. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Ooh, 100 yards? Ronnie Brown went for 200 yesterday and LOST. Willis McGahee went for about 300 against us in Buffalo last year and LOST.

Talk to me about how many points the Bills will put up. I say they max out at 17, and the Jets are in the 20s. 2-2.

8. Hobbes3259

He just might.

But this team also now has no QB. So Lynch will probably see extended duty.

Just the way Ronnie Brown did yesterday.

9. Br4d

Well, we got the Leon Washington return this week. My guess is next week something else will put us over the top. The Bills have absolutely disintegrated after a fairly strong camp.

The Jets got great field position today with the 3 TD's coming on drives that started at the 43, 45 and 45. If we can duplicate that next week we'll probably have another 3 or 4 TD performance.

10. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Don't forget that a lot of the 3rd & 4th quarter play had an element of clock killing about it. Who knows how things go in another scenario? We did what we had to do to win. Hopefully we can trust the coaches to realistically and impartially assess the film and make the best adjustments they can so we will be in a position to win again on Sunday. :grin:

11. Hobbes3259

The defense would have clamped down, on the 11 point margin (if Leons return never happened...).

What I would have loved to know, is...if we kept Miami from scoring and stayed up 18, would they have let Clemens play....

12. Clemens 2008

Clemens 2008 New Member

8-8 or better hopefully

At least we be beat miami. Our division gives us the opportunity for four easy games. We are better than miami and buffalo (heh) although it isn't saying much. We still have some talented players. Vilma is only getting better, Revis will be a ball player, Cotchery has some serious speed and playmaking ability. Miami and Buffalo don't really have that. Although Marshawn Lynch looks like he may cause trouble in the future. To whoever made the eagles comment, Anyone team that needs to run the score up on the lions to take pressure off of themselves is very beatable.

#32 Clemens 2008, Sep 24, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I'll give you credit for keeping the faith, but I think that you're crazy - how you can see only 2 more losses when the schedule still includes games against Philadelphia, Washington, Pittsburgh, Dallas, and New England (combined record 12-3), as well as 8 other games, is beyond me.

Oh, do you also still think that the Pats will finish below .500 this year?

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Six months from now no one will remember that the Jets almost tied the Ravens, either, and while people will remember about the Patriots, no one will care. If you're going to talk about wins and losses, then the Jets are 1-2, and there's nothing else to talk about.

15. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I appreciate the predictions, but I do not think we have nearly reached our potential yet. The D personnel is much better than the level of play. Hopefully, we iron it out soon.

I am not counting playoffs out yet, but I don't think we get too deep into them even if we get there - we would still need to go through New England. Barring disaster, it is a near certainty that NE will be in the playoffs; at least they lose a first round pick for it; but, even that won't hold them up much next year.

16. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

10-6 <--------------------------

17. Br4d

My gut is telling me that the next time Clemens steps on the field for the Jets it's probably for good. I don't expect that to happen before week 6 at the earliest, barring an injury to Chad.

18. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

to me a prevent defense gives up points (preferably 3) but makes you run 12 plays to do it. Our prevent offers a discount: it lets you score in 4 or 5 plays. That is unforgivable. To me defense is about putting a QB on his ass. It is the only way you beat a Manning or a Brady. Knock them down early and often, or even late and often. But knock them down. We do not touch anyone.

19. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

you start a thread about being realistic, but you cluelessly spew out that someones mother could run through our guys...

way to validate your thread buddy :rolleyes:

20. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i forget what the win total i put in the "predictions" thread. i know i had us finishing 3rd in the division behind NE and Buff...but that was before the bills were decimated with injuries.

unless theres some big time improvement on both lines we will win (in my guesstamation) 5-7 games. i think .500 or better for the season is a bit too lofty considering how bad the O and D lines have been.