Chrebet Jersey's Wear Em!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by section331flagman, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

There was no reason for him to jump- that's why I can fault him for it! It was a moronic move on his part. Give me a break with the nonsense.

2. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

He made dozens of great plays in his career and you guys are killing him for one bad play on a day when he was honored by the team for his contributions to Jets football? Really?

TBTF

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Just note that somebody else brought it up- not me.

It was an awful play, however. At the time, it looked like that game was going to cost the Jets a playoff spot.

4. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Cakes,

I wasn't trying to single you out. I just thought that it was odd that nearly the whole thread focused on that one bad play rather than on say, the amazing catch in Tampa in the "Flashlight" game.

TBTF

5. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

Nonsense nothing....He made a career out of making plays from nothing. Was the outcome what I wanted ? No Was the effort there? Yes. Watch the play closely he was very close to making it. I too was upset at the outcome , but when I watched it over and over I realized how close he came to breaking it.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Okay, the effort was there. Sure. He didn't purposefully fumble the ball. That said, it was an awful decision to go airborne in such a critical juncture in the game.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I understand that. Threads do go bad from time to time.

Some other highlights would include his 12 catch game in Jacksonville in 1996, his TD catch on MNF against the Patriots in 2000, and his Week 1 effort in Seattle in 1997.