10 wins is still possible...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Guy, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Green Guy

Green Guy New Member

I'm dissapointed in the performance of the 2007 NYJets so far, but looking at the schedule last night, the team can still go 10-6 and compete for a wild card.

The next three games are all winnable. If the Jets are 3-2 after game 5 - let's look at the team again.

2. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

OMG some of you people need to get on Prozac ASAP...OF COURSE 10 wins is still possible. HELL 11-5 DUDE!!! 11 AND 5!!!!!!

3. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Allot of Prozac too... Don't you have to take for a while for it to kick in?

4. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Okay.....

Yes 14-2 is still possible, as is 0-16

But this is a good team and we will bounce back!:jets:

5. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

16 - 0

I'm still hanging on to that. :)~

6. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

i dont believe in pharmecuticals...only street pharmecuticals please...:up:

7. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Well no duh. I had the jets going 1-1 in the first 2 games, they went 0-2. I predicted 12-4. I still say they can get 11 wins or more if they play their cards right. I expect them to be 4-2 in 4 wks.

8. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

Guys, if both lines play they way they have been, what makes you think 10 or 11 wins is possible? Until I see the battle up front being at least in the ballpark of competitive (Do you see how much time opposing quarterback have in the pocket!?!?) I have to go with between 6 and 8 wins.

9. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

We went to the playoffs last year WITH NO RUNNING GAME AND NO DEFENSE.

10. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

True, but our QBs weren't getting sacked at this pace and we were able to generated a pass rush that produced a least a sack or two every two games..

11. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

The Line has not been very competitive but look at the 2 defenses we have faced. If after we play the next 3 games and the Line is still allowing sacks at a alarming rate then i will get worried. I see us 4-2 after out next 4 games, the game agaisnt Cinci will be hard but i have a season record on 10-6.

12. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

We just played arguably the 2 best defenses in the NFL, if our QBs are getting sacked 6x against the Bills and Giants, then its time to push the panic button

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

What makes them think 10 or 11 wins is still possible is that they're in the category of idealistic fans who blindly support their team. Nothing wrong with that.

14. NYJet87

NYJet87 Active Member

Slow starts are nothing new. For the Mangini era they are but all the way back to Al Groh we were a slow starting team. Under Herm in '02 was one of the best seasons I can remember because of the great stretch the Jets had during that season after starting 2-5.

15. CanadaGreen

CanadaGreen New Member

I think 9 wins at this point would be incredible. That means we would have to go 9-5 and looking at our schedule I think even that is pushing it.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I say we go 12-2 over our next 14 games. Better yet, we're gonna run the table all the way into January!!! :rofl:

RobA, call on line 1....

17. steviep

steviep Active Member

We all hear how hard our schedule is. Well lets see a 2 week view:

Fins (0-2)
    Bills (0-2)
    Giants (0-2)
    Eagles (0-2)
    Bengals (1-1)
    Bills (0-2)
    Wash (2-0)
    Pit (2-0)
    Dal (2-0)
    Mia (0-2)
    Cle (1-1)
    Ne (2-0)
    Tenn (1-1)
    KC (0-2)

Combined record of 11-17.
    7 games against teams that are now 0-2.
    3 games against teams that are now 1-1.
    4 games against teams that are now 2-0.

18. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

The Jets are not worse than they were last season and the schedule is not harder, in my opinion, especially when you look at how Cincinatti, Dallas, Buffalo, and Philly were overhyped when we were all making our season predictions. The Jets are not a complete team yet but they win close games based on smart and creative coaching, special teams, lack of penalties, and a few big plays. Is it enough to win the Superbowl? Probably not. Is it enough to go 10-6 and make the playoffs? I think so.

19. devour

devour Member

you should think big ... 17-2

20. 319-1-x4

319-1-x4 New Member

this really doesn`t matter. What does matter is history.

Buffalo almost always beats us once.

Miami, we`ve had their number for awhile now. Can it last much longer?

Playing the Giants at their place will not be easy even though some of us here think it`s our place, and it`s not. Never was and never will be(even when they build the new stadium, it will still be Giants Stadium).

Philly isn`t this bad. You know it, I know it and the entire nation of NFL fans know it. Plus we`ve never beaten Philly, ever.

@ Cincinnati. Hmmmm, Palmer, Houshmancgdrhjwjfytei(sp?), Johnson & Johnson, 45 points last week and Palmer throwing 6 TD`s???

Buffalo again, this time at Giants Stadium. One of the Bills games will be a loss like it is every year.

Washington should beat the Jets unless they get some injuries to some key players(Moss, Randle El, Portis, Campbell). Gonna be a tough one to win. The Redskins seem to love playing in Giants Stadium no matter who they play.

Pittsburgh. Unless we get a 10+ inch snowstorm, we don`t stand much of a chance. 2-15 vs Pitts.

@ Dallas on Thanksgiving day. Dallas almost ALWAYS wins this game. They have a good team right now.

@ Miami. Probably the only home game the Jets have every year. Should be a win unless the Dolphins changed their number and found ours?

Cleveland is never an easy game even when they suck. They just racked up 51 points against Cincinnati,

@ NE. LOSS.

@ Tenn. Can the Jets be strong enough to stop Vince Young? Last season Fischer was a moron for not putting him in earlier. He gave us that win by leaving Kerry Collins in. Not sure how this game will be.

KC. CANNOT LOSE THIS GAME!!!! If so, Herm gets the last laugh even if it is KC`s only win of the year.

I predict no more than 6 wins for the Jets this year.

I`m gonna say we beat:

Buffalo
    Miami
    Miami
    Cleveland
    KC and either the Giants or Tenn. Not going to be easy either. Maybe we can beat Philly for the first time ever?? Not gonna put money on it, thats for sure.