Pats fans' reactions

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ........, Sep 12, 2007.

1. chris66

chris66 Member

your team is 5-2 at the midway point and Woody announces he is moving the team to LA because he got a better stadium deal. How much support would the team get from the fans

2. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

You can't be serious... I've been to alot of games... never been asked to play quarterback...

3. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

I remember when that was announced. I'm sureit had a morale effect on the team.

I'm not making excuses for BB back then, but such an announcement HAS to effect the team on some level. Can you imagine being a player, going through your day to day life, and being accosted by fans who know your leaving them at the end of the year? That must royally suck.

4. chris66

chris66 Member

Ollie all I'm saying is you may not like the guy , but the fact is this guy is probably the best coach this game has ever seen. He has 2 super bowl game plans in the hof. One against the Bils and the other against the Rams

5. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

Hey how could ya stop him from just puttin some people in the stands with video equipment

6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I know... somehow, someway they will find a way to get what they want/need. It can't be quite that hard. They might lay low for a spell till everyone is not paying so much attention and then it will probably be business as usual.

7. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

Hey, they got punished and they deserved it. I never said once that the Patriots didn't deserve punishment from the NFL for breaking the rules. But, when it remains very likely that this was a fairly common thing I don't think other teams can get on their high horse and act like the Pats are the only team to ever cheat in any way ever. If you remain convinced that this is such a terrible thing to do then shouldn't it bother you that your current head coach was probably involved with this for years?

8. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

troll.. dont you pats fans have anything better to do. This thread died last week

9. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

NESN just reported that mangini was the whistle blower - FYI. He reported it to the league when he first became coach of the Jets. In the previous meetings, he had Jets security remove him, but did not try to confiscate the tape......so it appears that the Jet's attempt to confiscate the tape was what sparked all of it.

Just thought I'd throw that update in.

10. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

And Bellicheat has a large pair of coconuts to think after ther guy was thrown out last time he could get him in again. It goes both ways. mangini called your bluff

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

what was he gonna do? tell him to stop?

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Isn't it our current head coach that has helped the commissioner try to put a stop to it? You can try to implicate Mangini all you want, but it's Belichick who got his arrogant ass caught for it and now bad things are going to happen in the NFL because of it.

The only consolation will be when Belichick abruptly disappears from the Pats' coaching ranks and we don't have to deal with Belichick's second-hand arrogance oozing from Pats fans anymore.

#292 abyzmul, Sep 18, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Smoking pot is a fairly common thing, It cost Ricky his NFL life.

14. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

15. mr3putt

mr3putt Banned

Are you kidding me?

An owner announces in mid season he's leaving town with the team and you don't think the players quit?

NFL network did a show on Modell where numerous Cleveland players said they tanked.

PLEEEEEASE

16. mr3putt

mr3putt Banned

BB did not get slapped for taping.
    He got whacked because he was told by the league to stop filming from the sidelines and kept doing it.

All teams monitor the opposition's signals folks....ALL Teams.

Long lenses could give you the same detail from the Blimp.
    It's the arrogance of defying the Commisioner's memo regarding on-field taping that forced Goddell's hand. He ruled and NE pays the price.

All of the pontification post penalty is based on hatred and envy.

No film on Sunday night.....38-14
    PATS 2-0
    JETS 0-2

When Mangini comes back to the Razor BB will go for 2 on the final play to cap a 50-0 whitewash. And if you loved last year's handshake...wait for that special moment.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

uh..no they don't. That is illegal. It is clearly illegal. The NFL has told all teams repeatedly that it's illegal. So anyone doing it will get the same fines that the Spats got. You must be Bellishit's brother. He too can't understand what "YOU CAN'T DO THAT" means.

#297 Don, Sep 18, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  18. mr3putt

mr3putt Banned

UMMM..yes they do.

Why do think the vast majority of NFL coaches are conspicuously quiet on this issue?
    Mangini is not respected by his bretheren for blowing the whistle here.
    Note Brian Billick's comments. Mangini best be squeaky clean going forward...the whole league is watching him too.

19. Warrior

Warrior Member

"This episode represents a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid longstanding rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition on the playing field," Goodell said in a letter to the Patriots.

What more needs to be said.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yeah because Brian Billick has never been a whiny little bitch in the past. If what Billick is crying about actually happened he should be addressing it with Mike Perara the head of officiating because it's a penalty, not ILLEGAL