Penny is starting this week

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, Sep 18, 2007.

1. I want a super bowl..not another 9-7 wildcard- round 1 embarassment. We are not winning a super bowl w/ Chad at the helm. Clemens is the future....and it's time to plan for it.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

agreed, this schedule is not as hard as everyone made it out to be this offseason.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Realistically, there isn't a game on the schdule until December, where we look to be overmatched by an opponent.

And Remember, we have the Bye Week, leading up to the Pitts/Dal games. Which gives us a decided advantage in both.

4. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Great to hear, looking forward to seeing Chad out there, and a win is deffinately on the cards.

5. ErieJets

ErieJets New Member

I can certainly understand the excitement with Clemens, but I trust Pennington. He is a winner, despite not having exceptional physical skills.

6. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

Kurt...we do not have a Superbowl caliber team yet. You put Clemens in there and you risk him getting killed with our current O-line. Sorry I do not see this defense going anywhere either.

7. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Yes, that will be the Dolphins record after Sunday.

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I gotta tell you, I'm more than a little bit nervous. Irrational my thought process on this, but here it is. I'm treating my rabid Jets fan friend Vinnie to the game this Sunday. The last time I treated him was on September 25th, 2005, when we played that other Florida team. The Jacksonville game, a day of infamy! He said to me on the phone, "I'm almost afraid to say yes." Hehe.

I did save my ticket stub from the NewEnglandgate game. When I'm 90, I can tell some kiddies, "See this here ticket? This is the day Coach Mangini ratted out that hooded b*stard, Bill Belislob. Now you remember that..."

#28 jetophile, Sep 18, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  9. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I am willing to bet he will be on a short leash.

10. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I believe in the short leash as well....

however, I hope that those of us going to the game will give Chad the proper reception to make up for that BS in week 1.

11. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

This one looks scary; not as scary as buffalo coming in at 0-3. Chad will do his Usual and not loose it for us but I hope we are prepared for a Trent Green who will definitely not throw another 4 picks in this game. They made a lot of play's last week that ultimately ended in a turnover but that’s the thing they made a lot of plays! We haven’t made a lot of plays lately! OOpps Missed by that much!

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I agree. this team can easily be 5-3 at the midway point. if not, we truly are one of the worst teams in the league. but the schedule is definitely setting up for the Jets, if they are any good, to roll off a bunch of wins. now we will see how good of a coach Mangini is. if he is any good, we should reach that 5-3 point.

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I prefer the invisible fence myself. There's a Michael Vick joke in here somewhere...

14. My exact point. We DONT have a super bowl calibur team. We need to find out in the meantime what Clemens is made of and allow him to work through growing pains.

15. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Whenever you have a chance to win now, you win. You have no idea if this team is a superbowl team or not. The last few years should show you this. The colts were not winning the superbowl last year and the steelers the year before. If you are always looking for the next year, then you will never, ever win.

16. ErieJets

ErieJets New Member

We need this win badly
    Actually, we need to take the next 4 or at least 3 of 4
    still, it is a good thought knowing that our backup is capable

17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Both of those teams have play makers at QB there is a reason they are always contenders.

18. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

OMG DID YOU EVEN SEE THE FUCKING BALTIMORE GAME!!!! YOUR RETARDED POST IS GOING TO MAKE MY HEAD EXPLODE!!!!

19. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Top post :up:

Yes we are 0-2 but whats is more glaringly obvious is that 64 yards with our new franchise back suggests that we may have a few more issues to be addressed than we thought.
    This season is screwed , and yes I really do want to see if KC can cut it or not. If he can't then we should be looking to DRAFT a better 'franchise' QB.
    To even make the wildcard will be some incredible achievement.
    Another season of mediocrity? No thanks , but I would like to see who we are going to build and not patch up the team with.

20. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

One 4th qtr fightback doesn't show enough.