Billick says Jets 'illegally' simulated snap count

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MayoGate, Sep 17, 2007.

1. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

You mean: 2-0*.

2. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

3. JeTsInTexas

JeTsInTexas Member

4. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

5. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Third thread on this. S'alright. I'll merge.

6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Escaping with a 7 point win because the other team has a really, really shitty receiver in the line up is domination? Granted they out played the Jets for 3 quarters, but the Jets did own the 4th.

7. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

Thats not so much cheating, as it is a penalty. I saw it called in an NCAA game on Saturday, the ref called it disconcerting offensive signals i believe.

So its not cheating in the sense that the Pats were cheating, its cheating in the sense that a false start that doesn't get called by the refs is cheating.

8. Canadian

Canadian New Member

:rofl:

and come on Pats?!?! This would be like complaining a team was offsides too many times :lol:

9. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

You guys are really reaching trying to relate Belichick to Billick.

Is this what the NFL is coming to? Dungy submits video to the league because he feels Freeney was held too much. Billick complains that the Jets tried to induce false starts.

This really sucks. Can we go back to just playing football, and all the sissy coaches stop the "i'm gonna tell daddy" bit?

I'm not laying this on Mangini, but who ever heard of this bogus BS before? WTF is happening to my beloved NFL?

I think Mangini, Dungy, and Billick should all STFU and just play ball. Noone wants to hear this crying.

10. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Now that I think of it...there was a theory that Mangini pissed off some other coaches over the cameragate thing. I'm not sure I buy into it, but it'll be interesting to see if the Jets draw any more complaints in the coming weeks.

11. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Well I'd throw Billick in the category of a guy that would "bend" the rules to his advantage. I'm not sure he is on the same level as Chicken but I'd be willing to wager he along with Shanahan are certainly a guys that I could see using the video tape routine.

As far as Billick's whining; I saw his press conference and it sounded as if he was making it up. It was a weaselly way of saying we didn't deserve to win but since we barely held on it's because they broke the rules. He didn't even have his shit together when he said it. It was actually really whiny. IMO if this is being done it's something he needs to address with the NFL Officiating not a press conference after you barely win.

Forget the fact that over the last 8 or so years the Jets have been near the bottom of the league in fewest penalties commited. That might explain the discrepency.

12. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Exactly... It's cheating just as much as holding is cheating if it doesn't get called, or bumping a WR beyond 5 yards is cheating....

A penalty like that, if serious enough to affect the game, would either be recognized by a referee, or pointed out by someone on the opposing team.. Simple as that....

13. Beamen

Beamen New Member

That's nothing new.... Every Monday, coaches send tape to the league with any calls or non-calls they found objectionable during the previous day's game..

14. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

I have to back Pat Nation here, he doesn't bash the Jets on mindless threads, usually he is informed and fair........ I suspect with a touch of smugness but until we get a "smugness man" he will continue to abuse the laughing man.

15. MAJORPAYNE

MAJORPAYNE New Member

What kind of penalty could we get for this, a draft pick, cash, cash, cash or some more cash?:pats_suck: :finssuck: :drunk:

16. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

Please, Thats vintage Billick who's crying because his team was penalized 5 times as much as the Jets and he's trying to set the ref's up for coming games..In the middle of a game before the snap there's alot of shouting and screaming from LB's calling formations and strong side info, Safeties checking in and out of coverages, O-line calling out blocking schemes, QB's changing plays..That's poor coaching on Billick's part if his team has like what 11-12 penalties. again..please

17. dbeast

dbeast New Member

Deperately digging? Get real. It was on the front page of the sports page.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The same penalty you get when you hold and don't get called for it. Nothing. I can't believe this bs is a news story.

19. rillo

rillo New Member

Can someone explain this?...How do u "illegally" simulate a snap count? What advantage does it have? Offsides penalties?

20. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

I think it's just yelling hike or hut which ever one the QB says to hike it. Offsides or fumbling the snap.