Should anyone ELSE besides McCariens be cut???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Sep 17, 2007.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

There are lots of others who aren't picking up the slack.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

As I said in my other thread, I really think they need to can the o-line coach.

Otherwise... there is no individual culprit in particular... Barrett has been pretty bad but he has had a few decent moments, such as against Demetrius Williams...

The coaching in general needs to improve.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Barret needs to go, immediately. Unfortunately our depth at CB is already depleted with Miller suffering what looked like a bad injury. Not that he's any good at CB anyway. I'll conclude with saying Barrett is ass.

4. CYensePHIction

Barton screwed up at parts during this game, but I don't think he should be cut. But perhaps we should shuffle around our front 3 so we can actually pressure the QB of the opposing team.

5. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

You guys are missing the fact that Barrett is one of the few guys that can actually tackle real well. he busted up a few plays and i personally dont feel he has been terrible. He was beat a few times but i dont think he should be cut

6. HackettSuxTNG

Furgeson should NOT be cut.

7. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

agreed. but he should be punished in practice. he has had a major falloff since last season. He is getting beat on the regular now

8. xxedge72x

It is not just D'Brick, it is the whole line. The coaching needs to change.

9. HackettSuxTNG

I'm all for that. I just find it amusing that there are people who are screaming for Furgeson to be cut, while certain defensive linemen who have been as inept for years are excused.

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I was going to rip into you for such a comment, but then I figured that I shouldn't rip into a Jets fan who OBVIOUSLY hasn't watched either of the first 2 games.

11. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

Every1 is so quick to kill the coach.. Tony Wise was a genius last year, now hes the goat. What happened to players taking responsibility.

Sorry but i disagree on this one. These o-line guys look defeated and tired halfway thru the game and we dont even run a ton of plays!

12. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

I think part of the problem is the fact that guys like u only look for the negatives in our players, without seeing the good things they do.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Cut DBust and move on.

14. xxedge72x

I would hardly call Wise a genius. Our offense was decent last year but it was by no means spectacular. The Jets have an unusual number of skill players now that have the ability to make plays on their own, and we saw that last year, especially once Leon Washington started getting the ball.

His OL sucked with the Dolphins and now the Jets oline sucks. I don't know what further evidence is needed? If it was only one linemen getting blown up, I wouldn't be calling for the coach, but since it is every single one of them, there is clearly a problem there.

15. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Please tell me, what has Barrett shown that would even remotely convince me, or anyone else, that he's been doing "good things" over the course of the first 2 games?

You sir, have the floor.

16. HackettSuxTNG

He's a BUST but Robertson isn't after YEARS of the same kind of futility??

17. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

I dont knwo if im right when i say this but i believe Barrett has the most tackles in the secondary (maybe because they always look his way).

He has busted up a few plays at the line or in the backfield on screens. hes a vet and knows the game. I dont think he was overly bad yesterday. The NE game is another story.

My point is i dont think he has been bad enough where he deserves to be cut. Who would we replace with?

18. xxedge72x

Doesn't Robertson have the highest cap hit on the entire team? The Jets need to trade him. I don't see how he makes the roster next year. Decent player, but certainly not what he should've been, especially considering what he gets paid.

19. HackettSuxTNG

Forget that for a minute. I get fried for suggesting that Robertson is a bust after HOW many years, but no one has a problem with Furgeson being labeled a bust already?!?!

20. gmfidelity

gmfidelity New Member

Robertson is not big enough to plug the middle.. I dont care if we get a 400 lb guy who cant move, we need to plug it up. Although i think we did a nice job against Mcgahee (minus that TD pass when no1 decided to cover him)