The official we have a QB controversy thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by winstonbiggs, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Cotch made Clemens look good, but he makes Pennington look good too. Need the Oline to show up for more than a quarter. Consistency is where it counts. But Clemens put the Jets in a position to win, and if McCareins didn't have hands of stone (a la Kyle Brady), we would have at least tied it.

I think this game suggests they don't need to rush Pennington back.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sign on for this also.

I thought Clemens arm was very nice but not overwhelming. Kind of like Brady's.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Mangini always says the best player plays. Clemens was by far the best QB in pre season and against a big time D he moved the team and put us in position to win. If Mangini and Tanny had done the right thing and traded McCariens before the season when his stock was high we would be 1 and 1 right now.

4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

McCareins tipped the ball in the air...and coles fell down on the other one...

You cant be so thick headed to not see that...neither of those picks were his fault.

5. winstonbiggs

The two times Chad faced a D even remotely in the class of the Ravens last year we were shut out both times.

6. Bizprof

Bizprof New Member

Chad's days as starter should be over. 1) he will get destroyed with the OL anyway (think he could have taken those hits KC did today?), 2) I love the poise I see from this kid and want to see if he;s the real deal. He almost beat IMO the most talented D in the league

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

dear God, what exactly is your point? Jennifer Aniston is waiting for her cue.

8. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

The thing is, his arm gives the receivers an extra second to do SOMETHING with the ball. Usually with chad, the receiver grabs it and is dropped. What we saw today is the receivers getting the ball before the defense was able to swarm even further to the ball, creating extra room to gain more yards.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I saw Clemens make throws today that I've never seen Chad make. The velocity and accuracy must have come a quite a surprise to JMac . I saw a kid that can beat a defense with his arm and given time & experience, can carry a team on his back.

No controversy except for those Chad loyalists that refuse to acknowledge the future is NOW with Clemens.

10. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

No more likely just looked at the final stats of the game and had no clue what actually happened.

11. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I've been a Chad supporter for the most part, but you have to give credit where credit's due. I think Chad has a really short leash when he comes back in. Clemens looked great in the 4th and the 1st-3rd were all negated by a bad OL.

12. winstonbiggs

McCariens didn't tip that ball it bounced off of both his hands.

13. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

I think our receivers aren't used to having balls zipped at them a la brett favre. That's the real reason that this game went down the shitter if you ask me.

14. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Man Jets fans get excited with any flash in the pan, dude has 1 good quarter...lets let him develop and be the starter in year 3. Remember Browning Nagle passed for over 300 yards his first game, we all know what happened to him. Today showed the Jets have a QB thats almost ready and able, lets not get carried away after 1 quarter of good, hell great play.

15. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

That's all I'm after!

16. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Same difference...McCareins is great at letting the ball bounce off his hands.

17. ANJI

ANJI New Member

LOL, I know. We looked like this last year AGAINST THE BROWNS!!!!!! ROFL

Chad did good things, but it's tie to let him gooooooooooooooooooo.......

18. winstonbiggs

Why get excited about having a QB who might be great? I remember the 1 time we had a great QB, guess what, it was very exciting.

19. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Since this team wasn't going to the Super Bowl this year no matter who was QB, I have a tough time understanding anyone arguing for Pennington to come back in at this point. What exactly would that accomplish? For all we know Clemens might still suck, but that fourth quarter certainly shows that he deserves a shot. If he screws up, you go from there.

20. The Kramsta

The Kramsta New Member

Props to KC, he showed great poise in the 4th quarter. I say give him another start against the 'Phins.