Pats Punishment is in!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan2004, Sep 13, 2007.

1. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

ignore the pats troll

gmfidelity- let me see how foolish i can make you look. I have been a jets fan since they were the titans. I bet I have spent more money on the jets than you ever will. I am capable of thinking rationally before I react-can i say the same for you?

Greenhornet-I know the stuff is digital. Still, however the medium on which its recorded-hard drive, etc., the info still has to get from the camera, in possession of the cameraman, to a coach who can use it. I don't believe wireless technology is such that it can be done directly as it is being recorded with a high probability of the transmission getting through without any drops, and so on. Again, this sounds very iffy to me vs. someone in the booth talking directly to the coaches.

I just don't see how this can effect the game as it is being played. This is different than intercepting or interfering with signals sent from the sideline to the QB, but I assume this is also hard to do. Not being an electronics person, I really am just guessing.

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Maybe, but Goodell thought it significant enough to take a pick and/or picks away from them.

How could they seem to know what we were doing on every play offensively and defensively...........did they have Madam Cleo on the bench.

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

how dare you, its miss cleo

[​IMG]

4. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

:beer: :pats_suck: :gpc:

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!!! These guys need to visit the BS forum once in a while...

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Sorry.......you can't get anything by this board. As I age, my brain fogs.

7. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

green hornet-
    Maybe, but Goodell thought it significant enough to take a pick and/or picks away from them.

Oh absolutely they deserved to be punished. They probably use the taped stuff in prep for the next game against an opponent. For all I know they did this stuff during the playoffs as part of scouting potential opponents. Maybe they snuck a camera guy into the stands. I'm serious about this. But, i don't see how it can be of immediate use during a game.

8. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

To your point, I don't think it's necessarily that the signal picked up on camera for that play can be interpreted and relayed back for use immediately.

But by building a library of signals based on down/distance and what resulting defense was played, you can then be tipped off in the following quarter, half or in the next game played presumably.

9. rillo

rillo New Member

Punishment doesn't fit the crime.....what about the audio frequency tapping?! Better than nothing i guess....:gpc: :gpc: :gpc: :pats_suck: :pats_suck:

10. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Oh cool!!! Where's my prize!!!! :up:

11. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Bill Belichick sucks. The Patriots suck. I've heard enough about them over the past couple days. Let's get past this. Whether it's good or bad, the more I see them on tv, the more I feel like throwing up.

12. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Simple question: do we get the Pats' pick or not?

I am assuming no, but I can't find any articles online that address this. If we don't get the pick, what happens to it or is there simply one less spot in the 1st round?

13. SyracuseJet

They'll just get skipped in the draft. Nobody gets it.

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No it was not the correct call. An armbar is different than feeling for the wideout running past you, the armbar is like a stiff arm,the definition of which includes extending the arm to prevent the opponent from running by and that is in no way shape or form what miller did.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think I'd have a little trouble believing in audio frequency tapping since the audio is supposedly encrypted... although, being a telecommunications guy, I have trouble believing that they can fit a decryption device into a QB's helmet, so I would love to see how they actually encrypt such a signal.

16. SyracuseJet

I think the Pats have been cheating for a long time.....and FINALLY they got caught.

17. abyzmul

Yeah I did a little research and the NFL uses Telex-provided headsets that use digital wireless encryption and each radio (be it a headset or helmet) has a code card that can be removed in instances such as halftime to change the algorithm as long as all units get an identical card. There is not radio tapping, but I think the Pats have been accused of signal-jamming in the past.

18. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

We do it all baby.. We even invent technology in NE.. :beer:

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I'm not going to bring up the actual rule again, although I could since I have the rulebook next to me. Been there, done that. This is just like my Testaverde-Pennington in 2001 argument with Italian Seafood and nyjunc. The same shit gets repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Justin Miller absolutely 100% interfered with Reggie Wayne. I've seen the play at least 50 times. Nothing ever changes. The referees made the correct call.

20. abyzmul

Hey, honestly, if any team were to spend money decrypting the algorithms involved, I wouldn't put it past Kraft.