Pats fans' reactions

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ........, Sep 12, 2007.

1. dbeast

dbeast New Member

Pretty Even? HAHAHAHA
    Our team beat the crap out of your team b/c we are just that much better. I know its a tough pill to swallow but that is how it is.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Fans are the same all over the country. The general NFL fan is collectively as dumb as stumps and class, are you kidding me? Take a look at the crap that will be sold to all of us during NFL games including NFL merchandise at rip off prices. The NFL isn't exactly marketed to Mensa members.

3. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

If you're that much better then why the need to flat out cheat?

4. dbeast

dbeast New Member

Just a theory here, but perhaps BB is a paranoid guy, willing to cheat to ensure a victory even if the cheating would only push the pats over the top to win in 2 out of 10 games. Pats have a better team, better coaching staff. They win 8 out of 10 straight up from the Jets.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Obviously CheaterBill disagrees with you and obviously that is killing you inside..

6. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

So paranoia makes cheating OK in your eyes? pathetic... the last line is exactly why you should be embarrassed the he did what he did

7. dbeast

dbeast New Member

I didn't say it was okay, in fact i said it was wrong. I was just trying to give a reason why bb would do it.

8. dbeast

dbeast New Member

Why is it obvious? BB could very well agree that he thinks the pats would win 8 out of 10 straight up. I've stated it before, it sucks that the pats did this, but I'm still a huge fan, believe they had a great dynasty and are still a great team.

It must be killing you inside that you put down in writing that the Pats couldn't beat a good team (Like SD) or that they have no shot at winning the SB this year. Time will tell, but your ass is on the line and IMO will be proven wrong.

9. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I do not care why he would do it.............that's his problem. He has tainted the entire history of the Patriots and their accomplishments, and in my mind he is no longer a Hall of Fame coach who I respected.

10. dbeast

dbeast New Member

Time will tell won't it?

11. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Yes, it will, and I think most of the world will turn a blind eye to this act of cheating when he does come up for acceptance into the HOF, but I for one, will never acknowledge his accomplishments like I use to.

I use to look up to what he has done, even though I abhor the Patriots. I will never look up to him or acknowledge him for anything ever again. He is a cheater; bottom line.

And as I said in another post; the Jets have been in a Super Bowl draught for a long time, but under no circumstances on this world would I ever want the Jets to win a Super Bowl from cheating. It is nothing to be proud of. Nothing. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

12. dbeast

dbeast New Member

IMO, the Pats would have won those sb's regardless if they were videotaping. It's legal to watch the signals with binoculars. Wouldn't using binoculars have the same effect and be legal? If that is the case, the act of spying the defensive signal (and the competitive advantage) would have been the same, its the method of getting the defensive signals that is illegal, and wrong. If my statement are true, why would BB use an illegal method vs. a legal one? I'm not sure.

13. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

See....it's your opinion......and there in lies the point. Till now, there was no argument to what the Patriots have accomplished as a team. Know one knows if they would have won those Super Bowls for sure if they did not employ the same schemes.

What you are saying is just like saying Barry Bonds would have broken Babe Ruth's record with or without the use of Roids, and therefore it is OK.

It is not OK. It erodes the true essence of what sports and competition are all about.

14. dbeast

dbeast New Member

A good analogy with Barry Bonds would be if shooting steriods is illegal but swallowing steriod pills is okay. Same end, different means to the end.

15. winstonbiggs

The reason our players look so small and gracefull is they aren't using HGH.

16. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Your point is pointless. When ever you do anything that elevates your play or gives you a competitive advantage through illegal means (cheating); in the end you have accomplished nothing.

From now on when people speak of the BB Patriots and what they have done; there will always be a "yeah, but"; where before it was always, "you're right".

I would have a hard time, in fact, I couldn't live with my team if they did that. It would make me stop being a Jets fan if I knew they cheated.

Your point does not deal with reality.

17. dbeast

dbeast New Member

Tell me, what is the difference to the competitive advantage if you spy through binoculars or through a videotape? One is legal, one is not.

18. winstonbiggs

How do you know they weren't watching and listening to the plays in real time?

19. dbeast

dbeast New Member

Can you watch for the defensive signals through binoculars in real time?

20. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

The only way I start to give you credence is if Madam Cleo was riding the pine on the Patriots sideline; how do you know every play offensively and defensively of the other team for the entire game?