Who is excited for Kellen Clemens?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PennyandtheJets, Sep 13, 2007.

1. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Wow thats a direct statement . If kellen is playing good and wins games 1,2,3, or until the bye. then he will not just go have a seat on the bench. No coach in this league would put the kabaush on a hot hand like that! (Well that is if Kellen survives this game)

2. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

THe one bright spot of Chad's injury is to see what wee have in Clemens. Is he our future starting QB or just another over hyped back up QB who fails as a starter. We need to see if he has the arm to throw it 60 yds. Also we need to see if he can run for his life with our poor excuse for a offensive line.:mad:

3. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I am exctied but nervous. They better have him pass the ball down field. I mean, I know you can't force it and have to set that stuff up, but if he has such a great arm, let's see it.

I personally think that the O-line will come out and play the same as last week, and Kellen will get bombarded and be off his game. Chad has this way of rallying even if his team doesn't seem to want to, probably because he has accepted the fact that the guys blocking for him are only so good and he just has to deal with it. Kellen hasn't had time to experienced that on the field yet, but he will on Sunday.

4. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

I wouldn't say I'm that excited, I'd rather have our best chance to win, which would be a healthy Pennington.

But since that can't happen, it's certainly better than seeing Brooks Bollinger, Vinny, or Quincy Carter starting. Let's see what he has.

5. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

i am very excited, because of the long pass game we now have.

6. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Do we have to cheer for Tui if Terrell Suggs kills Clemens blitzing off the edge?

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

My biggest concern is if KC survives this game in one piece with his confidence, and body, intact. Our OLine isn't NFL calibre and as such, is a huge advantage for the Raven's DLine. All they have to do is run around and/or over D'Bust and KC's tenure as the starting QB of the NYJ's might be a lot shorter than we'd like.

8. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

Another Pennington fan here that will root for any QB under Jets center. I wish Clemens the best and hope for the W.

Although I had hoped for another 16 game season from Chad at least we can get this out of the way early and without SERIOUS injury to Chad or him being pulled for sucking. This is almost the ideal KC trial scenario.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm a Chad supporter but I've also watched Clemens at both TCs, last year and this year. I can tell you with confidence that the kid has good talent and potential and definitely has an arm, I'm just not sure he's ready for a defense like the Ravens. This is especially so considering the questionable performance of our O-line now. I'm afraid they're really gonna pressure the hell out of him.

But it is what it is, so bring it on. I can definitely see Schottenheimer on overload this week, bringing in more plays to stretch the Ravens DEF and take advantage of KCs deeper arm.

It's all going to hinge on our O-line. Clemens can have a really good day if they just give him a little time. On the other side of the ball, I think our DEF will step up this week and raise hell with the Ravens' offense.

10. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

love the avatar:beer:

11. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Iam a HUGE CLEMENS FAN. I think he will open ALOT OF PEOPLES EYES HERE. BUT Iam scared to death that the OLINE will get him killed.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's Baltimore..there is absolutely no reason to get excited even if Namath was the QB..we are going to killed again.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I have no doubt that Clemens has what it takes physically to be a good QB. I'm not sure he's got the mental side of the game, especially the fear, confusion and doubt side, down.

Time will tell whether he can get his feet under him and lead this team.

He's certainly a better chance than Chad to take this team to a Super Bowl because we already know that Chad can't beat elite teams very often, even with a top 5 defense and the NFL's rushing leader.

14. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

In this era Namath would torch them behind our OL.

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

according to newsday he is getting the start....Baltimore's D is not the D he aced in pre-season....not even the D he faced against the Pats. We will try to run all day and play very safe. Ed Reed is licking his chops waiting for this.

We need to keep mistakes to a minimum and play safe. Hope that Baltimore's inept offense can help our D score some points or put us in FG range

16. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

It's Clemens time! Unfortunately he will have to get a Baptism by fire against the best Defense in Football. Mangini should play the same offense he would have played if Chad was in and even take some shots down the field. If the Kid is going to start then let him play. At the end of the day it should be a learning experience with no excuses no matter what the outcome of the day.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

...last week NE kept 2-3 extra men back to block almost every passing play. It was like pass rushing 3 on 8. We never laid a hand on Brady. Look for Mangini to do the same thing this week with KC under cneter. TE's and FB will stay in to block, sending Coles/Cothery into patterns. This is the "opposite" of spreading the field with 4-5 recievers.

18. petekendall

petekendall New Member

I am exited as well...this kid is supposed to be in the top of last years draft class according to jowarski .. i dont know about that..but its definalty not Bollinger going in there..saying that though we will trully not be able to gauge his performance being that our offensive line has got to be one if not thew worst in the NFL! shame on you Tangini and shame on you for trading Kendall no suprise he is doing a great job in Washington...

19. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

excited for Clemens and all but I have yet to see an official report on this. SI & ESPN have nothing specific about Clemens starting just the report that Penny is practicing like if he was going to play. I want to see an ACTUAL article before assuming any further that Clemens is starting.

20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member