ESPN: Hot Seat

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa, Sep 12, 2007.

1. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I understand very well what Salisbury is saying. My point is that he disregards arguments that prove counter to his opinion and makes rants without justifying what he says.

(1) He practically dismisses the notion of knowing what the opponent's defensive play before it happens as a "big deal". Why? He doesn't give a reason. Well, isn't it reasonable to say knowing how the corners and safeties will cover a big deal? Wouldn't knowing who's blitzing, and where they're coming from a big deal? Apparently not, according to Salisbury. Why? Because he said so.

(2) He also claims Moss would've made the catch anyway. That may be true, but he doesn't even consider the counter argument. Doesn't knowing where the blitz comes from help the offensive line buy time for Brady to make the read, make the throw, and allow Moss to beat the coverage? Wouldn't knowing where the coverage was going to be, a bit helpful to Moss find the soft spots? He doesn't address any of those concerns.

The Patriots may be better on papers (and I still don't think Jets would've won, even if the Patriots played fairly), but how does that even enter the argument for "it's okay to cheat"?

Salisbury says "fine them 50k, and move on". Well, isn't that like saying, "If you want to win, you can cheat...but it'll cost you 50k." Now think about this, if you had the chance to know the opponent's plays before hand in a Superbowl game, wouldn't you trade 50K for that easily?

You can't tell me that if the Eagles or Seahawks or whatever beat the Pats in the Superbowl, then news came out that they knew the Patriots plays beforehand through ILLEGAL means...wouldn't you think that's a "big deal"? You're telling me you wouldn't care?

2. Deny...laugh it off...deny...be very foolish....deny...laugh it off some more....

You care more about a god damn team..than you care about the integrity of the game itself. You're proving everyone's point about you classless POS Pat fans.

3. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

...says the moderator...:smile:

4. Hey, it's the truth!

he's been on here all day basically defending something that truthfully has little to do w/ a 2 team rivalry..but rather the overall integrity of the game itself. It's absolutely assanine

5. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

Salisbury is only good as steak.

6. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

he did say kellen clemens was the best qb when he came out lolololol

7. BradyLegacy

BradyLegacy Banned

good statement...good for you... How do you feel about the majority of jets fans who attended the last game when they cheered when pennington got hurt. How did you feel when majority of jet's fans did this?

8. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

actually I think Jaworski said that... Salisbury couldn't find his ass with both hands and a map

9. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i have comcast and i have it. its 180.

10. BradyLegacy

BradyLegacy Banned

please...dont talk to me about class..from a jet's fan who cheers when their qb gets hurt cant possibly have any real meaning when they talk about class.

11. Hey our QB going down is OUR problem. Your team cheating is the entire LEAGUE'S problem

12. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

as with every stadium in the nfl there are those drunk assholes who dont know a thing, true jet fans were not cheering pennington, i was at the game-it was the drunk morons

13. BradyLegacy

BradyLegacy Banned

integrity of the game is still the same. It was the same 50's yrs ago and it will still be the same after this week. Nothing has changed. Only thing thats rolling this machine is the patriots haters who are blowing this thing up. Nothing more and nothing less.

14. BradyLegacy

BradyLegacy Banned

From a Packers fan, which i thought i couldnt say it any better.

"To say that there is an asterisk for the Patriots super bowls is simply stupid. I am a packers fan, not a NE fan. What they did is pretty amazing and there is nothing that can take away from that.

It's not like Bonds taking roids; that might deserve an asterisk.

It's not like the Soviet basketball team getting time back on the clock THREE times; that might deserve an asterisk.

Hell I would even put an asterisk next to shoeless joe's name and I think that whole scandal is BS. If you look at his numbers there is no way he was involved.

MY POINT! Patriots did something great. There is no evidence they were taping signs during those years and even if there were it is not for THAT game or halftime adjustments like ESPN keeps saying. It's for the NEXT time they play the team. It doesn't offer any real advantage and there are dozens of other LEGAL ways players, coachs, team assistant's steal signals. What the patriots were during is essentially the same and it is just Bill being overly obsessed with getting that "edge". He just reached for something and I doubt it even really helped them.

So quit trying to stir up controversy with ignorant statements."

its just those lower teams with their envious fans who are bitchin..Superbowls tainted? thats so stupid... Do you remember denver broncos in the nineties who cheated on the salary cap and the league penalized drafts picks from them? do you remember the 70's steelers who were loaded on steroids? .... I dont think so.. stealing hand signals? give me a break...

#54 BradyLegacy, Sep 12, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I'm not big on plagiarism but in your case I think it was a wise choice.

16. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

did you get your big brother to post that for you princess?

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

You should listen to your own advise. Quit trying to do the same, or at least go do it on a Pats board if you feel the need. Your getting worse than a troll and becomming a full blown parasite.

Thank god for the ignore feature around here.

18. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i thought it was pathetic and disgusting...i felt ashamed that they were fans of the same team i was.

19. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

It should have been a 17 point game at the half to be honest. Pats miscues on last couple of possessions helped keep us in the game.

NOT THAT IT MAKES CHEATING RIGHT YOU SCUMBAG PATS!! :lol:

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The integrity of the game is never tarnished, the NFL is tarnished by this. The premier team in the league has cheated to gain an edge. What else have they done? Up until last year Payton Manning was considered a choke artist based mainly on his performance against the Pats. Did you steal the SB from the Rams, how about the Panthers or the Eagles?