The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread (Merged 21x (ugh))

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Wow.. Mike and the MadDog are savaging the Pats on the fan right now

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I wish I could hear it. Can you keep us updated?

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

this should be a forfeit! why not? if the Patriots didn't think it would have an effect on their ability to win the game,why would they do it?

4. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

No problem... u can't listen online?

5. ........

........ Trolls

Again, with the allegations that the Pats have done this many times in the past, I don't see the NFL rewarding the Jets. To do so would set a precedent that a lot of past Pats victims would try to exploit. It could get messy.

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I just went back and watched the game again... the Patriots seemed to be on top of EVERYTHING we were doing. There is no doubt that there was poor execution by the Jets in some instances, but for the most part it took a superhuman effort from the Jets just to pull off an average play. The Patriots had every gap and every hole on lockdown.

7. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

With the Patriots planning on cheating, the Jets were 0-1 before the game even started. How can you compete with a team that knows where you're going to blitz from and where the one on one coverage will be.

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

You cannot make that determination.

If you and I are sitting at a poker table, and I have an ace sitting up my sleeve, and play it at the perfect moment, I will take your shirt, regardless of how well or poorly you've played all along.

Even Chad's detractors admit he had a good game. Now let's, for argument's sake, assume the Pats were also stealing offensive calls over the radio waves we now know they were monitoring.

Did that lead to Chad's injury?

Did that allow their defense to manhandle our offensive line?

These are key questions, and must be addressed.

If the Pats were listening to plays over the radio waves, and used that information to blitz Chad, and it was directly due to that action that our starting QB was seriously injured, does that change your opinion?

What if it were Clemens, and the injury more serious?

You're discounting the effect cheating had on the game. If it would have made no difference, then it would not have been done. Belichick knows this, Goodell knows this, why are you denying the possibility that it could be the case?

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I can't, no streaming allowed at work, and no radios either. If you could post up some interesting tidbits, that would be awesome!

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The difference in that game was the Jets defense
    being held at bay by the Patriots,which was the,
    the object of their cheat. No getting around it.

Even Injured Pennington had no trouble go downfield for 6.

and the Running game was picking up in the second half.

11. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

Bill Belichick released a statement regarding the videotaping allegations Wednesday.

"Earlier this week, I spoke with Commissioner Goodell about a videotaping procedure during last Sunday's game and my interpretation of the rules. At this point, we have not been notified of the league's ruling. Although it remains a league matter, I want to apologize to everyone who has been affected, most of all ownership, staff and players. Following the league’s decision, I will have further comment."

Source: Patriots.com

12. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Paraphrasing here..

The Pats are cheaters... and a disgrace... Kraft should keep his big mouth shut since his guys "had their hands in the cookie jar" ...

Mike thinks they should lose a 1st and be suspended for the Jets game and if he violates gone for the season...

Dog has no problem with anything Goodell levies on the Pats...

Mangini doesn't get off scott free because he had to know but they didn't think he should have dropped dime while working there...

Mike seems to think the Jets caught them last year and warned them not to do it again and they did it anyway..

Yarnell apparently worked counterterrorism for the FBI and was brought in by Parcells...

Neither think a forfeit is in order... but the Belli and the Pats are permenently tainted...

Dog called Belli scuzz and Mike reveled a quote from George Young, old owner of the Giants that "beli is the worst person I ever met"

more to follow...

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I don't have speakers on my work computer.

14. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

i disagree,becuase it could only apply to the game where thye got caught redhanded.

15. GR10197

GR10197 New Member

The videotaping thing is bad enough but I think the worst that will happen is maybe HC will have to miss a week and theyll lose some draft picks.
    If it turns out they had some kind of tuner into the Jets headsets, the game should be given to the Jets and HC should be treated like Pete Rose. That is above and beyond cheating and completely changed the outcome of the game.

16. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Radio shack... $14... that's what I did...

First break is above...

I'll post as it hits... :up:

17. ........

........ Trolls

I hope you're right, but I doubt it.

18. GR10197

GR10197 New Member

Wow, Mike and the Mad Dog are really tearing them apart. I dont think ever in my life I have agreed with them so much.

19. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Mike- Pats have doctored the field on several occasions against the Colts they even turned on the sprinklers the night before a game...

Mike - Also allegations of stealing and jamming radio frequencies...

again with the suspension for the jet game...

the other teams in the league are up in arm about this as well... this is not just going away

20. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Completely agree that the pats are permanently tainted, however on the forfeit, I think the Pats should not be allowed to win the game, and since the Jets didnt win the game, they cant be given a win, so how about they both get a loss? Straight up the cheating doesn't benefit the Pats, and the Jets don't get a free win because the Pats cheated. So in my opinion that is completely fair to both sides.

Also I love the second comment, the normally revered bellicheck is called scuzz on TV and he is mentioned as being the worst person ever. What a great line from Mike and Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.