The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread (Merged 21x (ugh))

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GR10197

GR10197 New Member

The one thing that really pissed me off about the whole juice scandal was that as it was all going down, because Shef and Giambi were yankees at the time, the Yankees all of the sudden became "cheaters". They did steroids during their career but Red Sox fans had no problem going after the Yankee orgainization as if they were grooming them to be yankees giving them roids when they were younger. There was 100s of MLB players doing juice but these two got named and they happened to be yankees at the time.

Now those same people have their team being actually blamed for cheating and its like no big deal because "everyone does it but we got caught"

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

No question about it. None. I highly doubt he went to the commisioners office and told them to close the door and he has some big info for him.

Lets face it...BB reacted like a J.O. when Mangini left. Mangini then gets a cold shoulder from BB after the first pats game. It wouldnt surprise me in the least if Mangini through a 4th source either relayed BB's cheating ways...or come game 1 he spent 90% of the time preparing for the Pats..and the other 10% of the time preparing for BB and his cheating ways.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Seriously fellas, the more I've thought about this, the more I think there should be a formal hearing on this.

The NFL Commissioner should compel Belichick to appear before a panel of NFL owners and explain everything he knows about this incident. Goodell owes this to the other teams in the league, especially teams that may have been cheated out of a Superbowl win.

Following his testimony and opening statement (which will reveal nothing) I think Belichick (and possibly Kraft) should be questioned for as long as it takes to determine (a) how long this has been going on, (b) in which games was this deployed, (c) in those games, to what degree could it possibly have affected the outcome, and (d) was it ever used in any of their recent Superbowl wins.

Following complete and truthful answers to all of the above questions, then and only then can a decision come down regarding proper punishment. If Goodell wants to cleanse and preserve the integrity of the game, nothing less should be acceptable to NFL fans everywhere.

4. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

What is there to interpret?

"The rule is that no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game," the league said in a statement from spokesman Greg Aiello.

What's his excuse, getting close-ups of Mangini to rub one off later to, the NFL better make an example out of this.

5. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Amen.... Anyone who paid enough attention over the years knew the Pats were FAR from the 'classy' organization the press made them out to be.... Im glad something like this finally came out so all the 'common' fans can see the truth too...

:pats_suck:

6. GreenMachine

I do not know if you guys saw this:

The ESPN.com report also states that the league is reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game and that the team "did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup." In other words, besides watching and taping the coaches, the Patriots also may have been listening in

7. jaywayne12

I completely agree..and lets face it..Patriot fans..this isnt sourgrapes. How Patriot fans cant understand the reprocussions of his actions amazes me.

When Kerry Rhodes made the statement "its like they knew everything we were doing", I remember thinking to myself..what a strange statement that is to make. It almost sounded like sourgrapes about his own coach not disguising things well enough and that his own coach was flat out..outcoached.

By doing the things he did...he had the ability to change outcomes of games...get coaches and players fired or cut. It goes so deep that the league better not just throw them a "you lose your first round pick next year".

Its one of the rare times in sports that I can remember cheating to this extent. When you have the ability to know exactly where a blitz is coming from and how many db's will be in the box or fall back into coverage? Are you kidding me?

You make other coaches lose their jobs over crap like this...and Im sure many are on the phone with the comissioner to make sure its not handled lightly.

8. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I think that at this point, taking away 2 first round picks is a given. It's just a question of how far they want to go past that with other sorts of discipline.

9. rillo

rillo New Member

Thats the bigger issue in my book...god knows how long this has been going on....really turns my stomach. Jags, Panther's , and Bill's all thought they were tapping also....this really needs to be investigated IMO

10. Beamen

Beamen New Member

I would have to believe it was never used in the Super Bowl, because of how intense security is there, but you never know... They sure did make St Louis look silly in 01....

I am not a Colts fan, in any way, but I was really glad to hear that, suspicious of the Patriots' ways in the past, the Colts were sure before the AFC Championship last year, that there were no unauthorized cameras on the sidelines before or during the game.....

Taking a look at that game, compared to the game vs San Diego and vs us the weeks before, the difference in the 2nd halves of those games is outstanding.... It seems like in every big game, the Pats offense really turns it on in the 2nd half, and it is usually credited to great coaching adjustments....

Take a look at the AFCC game vs Indy, and how the Pats, for the first time in recent memory, did not dominate offensively in the 2nd half...

It really makes you wonder how much this filming helped them out, and how often they used it....

11. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Just heard the Beliqueers audio on the fan... he actually sounds really nervous... apparently he's already given his excuse to Goodell... maybe Goodell showed him the writing on the wall

12. jaywayne12

He has to be suspended...I think he knows he will be suspended already. That statement he put out speaks volumes.

He is a goner MM. This is like a little snowball rolling down a hill and it will keep getting bigger. Coaches of other teams behind the scenes will come out of the closet. Imagine the Panthers down to the wire superbowl loss and how they must feel right now.

This is big..and it wont stop growing in my opinion.

13. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Shawnessy (sp) from the Boston Globe coming up now on WFAN to discuss the scandal

14. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

I still think you guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment. The Pats will be docked 2 or 3 draft picks. That's all that is going to happen.
    I think you guys are working yourselves up to unrealistic expectations.

If it was, say, Arizona that got caught doing this, would it seem like such a big deal? What would you think the punishment should be if it was the Cards?

Whatever the answer to that is, that's the way the league will look at it. It doesn't matter what team did it, all that matters is the level of violation of the rules.

15. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Maybe R. Kelly can write a song about it

16. jaywayne12

If this is true....ok..Im going to shut up...but if it is..watch out BB....THIS IS BIG.

17. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

If you keep telling yourself that it may come true

18. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Whatever the NFL does, they need to be able to tell us how these cameras were used. We don't even know if the video was a live feed or a recording. That has great impact on how it can be implemented during a game. I've never been more excited to hear a commissioner's ruling on something.

19. jaywayne12

Excellent post and points..dead on.

20. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

Wrong! Because they are 3 time Superbowl winners the integrity of the NFL is at stake. They will be punished severely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.