Moore re-signed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Sep 12, 2007.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

-- Jets Extend Brandon Moore --
    Wed Sep 12, 2007
    The New York Daily News reports the Jets have signed starting ORG Brandon Moore to a new contract that will raise his base pay this season to $1.8 million. The breakdown of the contract wasn't immediately available last night, but it's believed that Moore, unhappy with his previous deal (which went through 2010), is now under contract through 2013. Moore, 27, is the longest-tenured member of the offensive line. He left training camp for a half-day as a form of protest, and now he has been appeased. On the surface, the Moore deal conflicts with the organization's philosophy of waiting to rework contracts. With OLG Pete Kendall, the Jets refused to budge, leading to a summer of acrimony. They dealt him to the Redskins, who gave Kendall the money he was seeking.

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Re-signing a guard who would be a backup on most other teams- UGH.

This is NOT how we upgrade our O-Line, unless our FO fancies itself on linemen who can't compete and are prone to penalties.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Well, that's a distraction we now don't need to worry about..Remember he was starting to piss and moan Kendall style earlier in TC

4. you gotta be kidding me..

5. sourceworx

sourceworx New Member

Actually he didn't piss and moan Kendall-style. He kept his mouth shut and let the situation work itself out. Kendall made a spectacle out of his situation.

6. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

I thought the Jets don't re do contracts?

7. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Him sitting out for any period of time, even a half-day, is pissing and moaning.

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Well, not a great move, but not a bad one. No, its not an upgrade, but at least we are not going to get any worse any time soon.

9. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Christ, I have no idea what the FO is thinking. He sucks and is penalty prone. Not good news. Maybe, they will still bring someone in next year, but keep him as a backup. I know its a reach, but I need some hope. I am a big Tanny/Mangini supporter, but their decision-making this year is not filling me with hope.

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Right, we just want to maintain a constant level of "suckiness" at the RG position.

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Would you rather Replace Moore with Clark and Throw Bender at LG??

I'm sure the QB's would be fighting to stay out of the game at that point.

:breakdance:

12. sourceworx

sourceworx New Member

Him missing a day due to his contract is speculation. Also, when reporters asked him about his contract, instead of making a scene (like Kendall did) he didn't comment on it and let his agent deal with it. Not even close to what Kendall did.

13. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

No, what I'd rather do is leave his contract alone and draft a competent guard with one of our first day picks, preferably no later than the 2nd round. Then take another G or T with one of our second day picks.

If you'd ask me who was on our list of priorities as far as folks to re-sign, Brandon "I SUCK" Moore would not be at the top of the list. Maybe Rhodes contract deserved a look first, that is if the front office is now going against prior philosiphy of not re-working contracts too soon.

14. sourceworx

sourceworx New Member

Even for what they re-signed him for he's very cheap for a guard these days. If we can replace him as a starter he'd still be good depth at a fair price.

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I agree Rhodes needs re-worked now. Lock him up.

I hope we go after day 1 O-line as well, but if we get one and he does not pan out, we have Moore at a decent price. Depth is a good thing. If we can make Moore a back up all the better.

Even more so than a day one pick, I want a FA lineman brought in. Why bring along a rook if we can get a fix. As is we have a piss poor patched togetherline. Bring in a stud UFA.

Basicly, we just agree about Extending Moore. He can still be cut at any time. I hope we replace him, but if not, he better then the Backups who may as well hand out tickets and directions to the QB as the D line goes by.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Clueless.

He's not a good guard, not even a decent journeyman. Why would we fill this slot for the next 6 years with a guy who isn't helping us now?

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Who says Bender is even going to work out at left guard? He played right tackle in college. He may well turn out to be a right guard after every thing has shaken out if his footwork is not good enough to let him play the left side.

The Moore signing was just a bad move. I'm starting to get very down on Tannenbaum at this point.

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Talk about things that make you go WTF?

They seem to love him for some reason....

19. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

This is very odd... it conrtadicts a lot of what this FO is supposed to be about.

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

You completely missed my sarcasm in that post. I'm not saying Bender is going to work out, but saying that waht we have is better then whats behind him, thats all.