The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread (Merged 21x (ugh))

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I never realized he said that.

This is becomming alot more serious than i originally thought. You really hafta wonder truthfully all the things that theyve done. Is this signal stealing only the beginning of acquasations?

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That was the 90s.

3. Gator

Gator Active Member

A few more points...

1) It doesn't matter that "everyone is doing it". They got caught. Go tell the highway cop the guy in front of you was speeding too and see what it gets you. A ticket.

2) When you get a 98 on a test and get caught cheating the principal doesn't go, "You're suspended.......but keep the 98" You get a zero. Forfeit!

3 Let's think about how this is implemented. Asshole camera guy tells asshole assistant coach who tells asshole Quarterback that # 25 is blitzing from the left. So Brady is in on this too. Belichick isn't the only one cheating here.

4. But again, maybe everyone is doing it. But how come it is only the PATRIOTS involved in these type of situations. Could it be their going above and beyond what other teams are willing to do?

5. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Man we are on the same page.

Anyway, this is now the LEAD story on ESPN SportsCenter. This thing is not going away Pats fans, you are about to get smacked down by the league for cheating. Like it or not, Patsies, this will taint your entire dynastic run.

6. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

That?s not very original mooncalf. It might be time to broaden your horizons. Do you live in a bubble or something? It really wasn?t quite that profound....

7. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Is this cheating the kind of thing that could be used during the game? If so, the only fair recompense is FORFEIT!

If it is more like something they can use next time, then the sacrifice of draft picks seems fair.

P.S. FORFEIT...FORFEIT...FORFEIT!

8. BradyLegacy

BradyLegacy Banned

Thats your reply? thats pathetic...yes former Pats and former Carolina video cordinator. He said COACHES(means plural) often asked him to do these things. Since he is ex pats employee , can he have bias view? possible...but did he say other coaches asked him to do this as well..sure... Implying that it was common practice..even went far as guranteeing that jets does this as well.. so please .....your organization is not so innocent and classy as you try to make them out to be....take off your rose colored glasses

9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

someone needs to do a LOLcat

Im on ur sidelinez...

stealin ur callz

10. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

If the NFL determines that this gave the Pats a competitive advantage in Sunday's game, the forfeiture of draft picks is not nearly harsh enough.

Stealing signals and headphone communications to win a game is extremely serious and should be treated that way. In my opinion, this is worse than steroid use or dog fighting or anything that takes place off the field. This threatens the very integrity of the game.

Belichick and every other Patriot coach and player that was complicit deserves a long suspension. Plus the franchise should be punished with lost picks and a reduced salary cap. A forfeit would not be out of line either.

Schlereth clearly explained on ESPN the huge advantage this gave the Pats. I see this as not much different from the referee scandal in the NBA or the Pete Rose betting scandal. I hope Goodell has the guts to come down hard on Bellichick and the Pats.

This also taints the Pats' accomplishments since 2001. After watching their wins all these years and wondering how the Pats managed to get every break and win games they should have lost, I now know why. Bellichick's reputation as a genius just went down the toilet and so did his legacy.

If the Pats are not hit with harsh penalties, and by harsh I do not mean losing draft picks, what message does that send? It condones breaking rules to win games and the integrity of the game is compromised.

Bellichick has replaced Shula as the biggest cheater in NFL history. He is as classless as they come, from the way he left the Jets to the way he treated Mangini for taking the Jet job (in an honorable way, not the way Bellichick took the Pats job), from the way he ran up the score Sunday by keeping his starters in with a 17 point lead and the ball with 4 minutes left, throwing passes to Moss and challenging a meaningless touchdown with two minutes left. What goes around comes around and I hope this is just the start of it coming around to Bellichick in a big way. I hope this completely ruins the Pats season, their legacy and their future.

11. BradyLegacy

BradyLegacy Banned

your right ... i should try better..

But I am owner of Nike Retailer . I own two business but thanx for asking.. Do you live in a bubble? ...Im sorry... if you dont mind,can I ask you an honest question? do you live at your mom's basement?

12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

yeah,his email testimony really sheds legitimacy on the whole thing. :lol: your rope is shredding

13. GreenMachine

You should be a lawyer. I can see it now.

Judge " Mr. Jones, you have been charged with murder how do you plead?"

Attorney(you) " Innocent, your honor! People have killed people before. I know we got caught, but others have not. So therefore we should be set free."

14. typeOnegative13NY

well then put on a pair of shox and run the fuck outa here because you're embarrasing yourself

15. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

Here let's make a deal. We'll take off our "rose colored glasses" (oh baby Jesus the irony) just as soon as you take your gullible drivel elsewhere, deal?

16. Rose colored glasses?

YOU'RE the one trying to defend blatant cheating CAUGHT ON TAPE!

If it's really as common and as pedestrian as you say...explain the following...

1. Bellichick refusing to cover the field for the Colts game despite league request, in order to slow down Colt WR's

2. The Colts feeling suspect about many of the PI calls(Or lack of) during that same game.

3. The Jaguars feeling suspect about the use of their radio system in a playoff game 2 years ago

4. The Lions and Packers suspecting signal stealing and radio interference last year

5. One of the classiest, humble stand up guys in the NFL referring to the patriots as cheaters

6. The signal stealing tape confiscated by league officials on Sunday.

If this is SO pedestrian, how come the Patriots are the only team ever accused of this type of behaivor? You can't say it's due to the team's overall success. The Colts, Steelers and recently Chargers have all been similarly successful, and all you hear about is class from all of them. Hell even the RAIDERS don't get accused of this type of activity!

Sorry buddy, but where there's smoke there is fire.I can promise you there is more going on in Foxboro than just sign stealing...

The sad thing is...even though it effects the integrity and history of the game..you'll defend it no matter what.

17. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

:lol: thats amazing.

18. typeOnegative13NY

:lol: that would be awesome

19. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I love how Clayton and Mortensen say that the Patriots have until Friday to defend their integrity, or whatever is left of it...

20. GreenMachine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.