The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MayoGate, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

Cheaters. They broke the prime rule of sports. They were warned, contineud and got caught. The NE Cheaters are turning the NFL into the NBA. Unexceptable, punishment should be severe. Multiple picks the next 2 years and huge fines included in their cap.
    I would love to see just how extensive the filming was. And WTF with the radio frequencies?

2. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

This honestly has to be the funniest thing i have seen in years:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    What a genius "free spy camera inside" :rofl:

I these cheating scumbag patriots get more than just draft picks taken away. Belli should get tossed from the league. I hope every major media sports outlet "ESPN" takes them to task on this. We just have to hope it this story does not get swept under the rug.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I want to see him jobless wearing that hoodie. that raggy hoodie really fits him now

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

We don't know what is on that tape so we can't really call for a forfiet. The tape may only be from the 1st half or maybe it was confiscated before the begining of the 2nd q. We don't really know.

If it's deemed that the tape essentially gave the Pats the victory I could see a punishment like a forfiet but until we know what is on that tape we really can't say what the league should and shouldn't do.

So much for sour grapes and this stuff happens all the time. Apparently it doesn't happen all the time and it's not Mangini being a poor loser.

BTW I can't believe I was the 1st to use Patriotgate.....

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

That was all they needed to go into halftime and pick off every blitz we did in the second half. That TOTALLY changes the outcome of the game.

edit: check - if the tape was confiscated b4 half obviously they can't use it - duh

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

:rofl:

I have not read much by this Bob Cook guy, but I like him already.

7. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

That's a bit naive not to think Brady didn't know what was going on... he's the guy getting the calls about what defense was coming at him... there's no way anyone can play QB in the NFL with his head that far up his ass...

8. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

OOOOHHHHH I NEVER THOUGHT TO CAP STRAP THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe one of the greatest ideas ive heard.

9. DrShrinker

DrShrinker New Member

Dr. Good is going to torch their butts! Adam the chef says they have "smoking gun" evidence the PATs are guilty. Ha, Busted!

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I still believe the guy doing the taping was relaying the tape across the field using a radio or hand signals. Or the video was fed upstairs and then fed down to the sidelines for the OC to call the blocking scheme.

I read guys saying it would take too long but anybody who took basic TV Production classes in high school or college knows that it is instantanious for the feed to reach it's target. Like within a second or 2.

11. themasochist

themasochist New Member

Of course he knows. Brady is the one who ultimately gets all the benefits and the glory of winning...however unfairly it may be. He gets the $$$, the fame, the women and the Super Bowl rings.

Let's see how he does without the little "system" Bellichick created for him.

#511 themasochist, Sep 11, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  12. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

he gets the plays called to him. if he gets told what to look for that wouldnt strike me as odd as a player since the CS is trying to prepare him for the next play. if they were showing him pictures from a camera that came from the other sideline then thats different. but to have a coach say look for such and such on this play isnt crazy...

i just think its possible that he didnt know. its a pretty big jump to go from what the coaches know to saying brady knew.

13. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

No NO Our defense really suck's. But the way Brady just stayed back there like no worries in the world we got it shored up! That to me was mind boggleing!

14. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

do you honestly think brady doesnt have the talent to win? im not a tom brady fan but the guy is a very good QB.

15. themasochist

themasochist New Member

He's an excellent QB. But smart enough to predict the opposing teams blitzes and packages...a great majority of the time? No.

16. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i dont understand how brady staying in the pocket when there was zero pressure and being able to execute paints him as anything other than a QB making the plays.

i hate the pats, but i think people are getting a bit crazy with the blame game.

17. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

nobody is saying he picked up a blitz on his own. he gets the plays to call from the CS. its his job to recognize and read like any QB. if the CS says "look for the sam to blitz" and he does that doesnt make him complicit in cheating.

18. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

first off: cheater cheater pumpkin eater.

second off: i knew they were cheaters all along.

third off: if they aren't forced to forfeit the game but are forced to relinquish draft picks, i think it would be only fair to give them to the jets. if they must forfeit the game and are docked draft picks, then thats also fine. in addition, the entire coaching staff knew about their cheating habits and most likely their owner and general manager. i think it is fair to fine them all and probably suspend Belli-asshole-chek for a few games to think about what he's done.

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The thing of it is, the Jets are the wronged party. Not the league (at least primarily)

Last season, two games separated these teams. We know now, that NE cheated their way to half of that difference in week one. After having been caught and warned previously.

also, the difference in this game was the Pats Offense vs. the Jets defense, not vice versa.

They should forfeit, anything less than that needs to be accompanied by a detailed accounting of what was on the tape, and why a forfeit is not the proper solution.

going further the coaching staff, not just the HC should be out a minimum of 4 games.

20. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i think wilbon said they should fine kraft 10 mil...that would get his attention. i thought that was pretty funny.

i really like the cap strap idea....along with picks for us and forfiet....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.