The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MayoGate, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's because Bill Polian (who is also on the competition comitee) suspected the Pats were doing this sort of thing in the past. Notice the Pats didn't beat the Colts last year.

2. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Any chance a forfeit can really happen?

3. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

or if we got the draft picks they have to forefit, bradway wont be here to trade them for another waiste of 60mill.

4. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

As only a few other people in this thread have been saying, the "irregular amount of radio frequencies" in the game is really the big issue. I mean, you can get some practical use out of filming the defensive coaches, etc, eventually you can pick up on it on the second half. That alone is a pretty big deal, but this whole radio frequency thing is the issue.

If Bellichick and his goons were somehow getting into the Jets frequency, THIS BECOMES A TOTALLY FALSIFIED GAME!!! How in heck are you supposed to run the offense when the defense KNOWS WHAT's COMING?!?!! The mere fact that the Jets managed a touchdown is a great accomplishment.

This is the bigger deal here, no doubt in my mind. If this is also proven to be related to hacking into the Jets signal, then the ONLY option is to confiscate 1st day picks, and hand the game over to the Jets via a forfeit.

5. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Please do it Goodell!:) :breakdance: :gpc:

6. Ten

Ten Active Member

Giving him the same punishment as a guy who was involved with a (fatal?) shooting is going a bit too far...and Belichick wouldn't make a good tag team champion either.

7. themasochist

themasochist New Member

schlereth said..."Having the opponents D signs during the game makes it so easy....it's like stealing".

8. Barry the Baptist

Look at all these coincidences

When the New England Patriots played host to the Indianapolis Colts and their high-octane offense in the 2004 AFC Divisional playoffs, the field at Gillette Stadium was left uncovered the week before the game, exposing it to the sleet and rain of the New England winter. The Colts lost 20-3.

''I do think it's something that should be monitored, and all stadiums should have the field turf,'' said Colts wide receiver Brandon Stokley before the game.

Said Pats coach Bill Belichick, ''My job is not to pull weeds.''

5) SNOW JOB

On Dec. 12, 1982, Patriots coach Ron Meyer sent out Mark Henderson, an inmate on furlough, to plow a spot in the middle of a snowy field for kicker John Smith. He made the kick for a 3-0 Pats win, infuriating Miami coach Don Shula.

''That guy (Henderson) was out on the field and finished before I knew what had happened,'' Shula said. ''I talked with the official on our side of the field, and he said the same thing happened to him. The guy was on the field before they knew what he was doing. The Patriots will have to live with doing something like that.'' I find it ironic that the biggest cheater of them all Don Shula is bitching

Obviously cheating is nothing new with the Pats....

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Its a stupid rule they cheated against us but the pick just vanishes and we dont get it.

10. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

We have to get something out of this, make them forfeit!

11. themasochist

themasochist New Member

Where are NFL HQ's in manhattan? We need a group of Jet fans picketing in front of there pronto to protest last weeks game and get the W. Maybe they can also throw rotten tomatoes at Bellidick when he arrives for his conference.

12. GreenMachine

13. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

With so many allegations against the Pats doing this type of thing before, is there any doubt in the season opener, against a hated rival, that they didn't try and get every advantage they could against us?

What about this radio frequency thing? If this is true and Goodell wants to make a statement, which he has liked to do, there is a good possibility of a forfeit.

14. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

Good call. This is worse then looking over at your buddies controller to see what play he's picking in Tecmo Bowl. Mike Vick was suspended a year for being an Asshole OFF the field. BB cheats on the field, repeatedly -- and watch, he'll get a fucking slap on the wrist. What a crock.

15. MDBigDog

MDBigDog Active Member

He also said you go in at half time and discuss the signals you've stolen and if you look at the scoring the game was 14-7 going into the half so to add fuel to the wackiness that the cheating may have been part of the reason we lost, the Pats didn't really pull away until after the half where they scored 24 points.

Now I will freely admit they looked to be the better team in the first half too but they didn't really pull away and the game really didn't look completely ugly until the second half.

Again, I'm not saying it's why we lost, just pointing out that maybe it could've factored in and while it probably won't happen I actually do feel that the part of the punishment should be forfeiting the game as that has the most direct affect on the team and then let them lose a few draft picks too since they've shown a history of doing this.

16. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

You know what the crowds should be cheering at all of the Pats away games for the rest of the year!

17. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Allegedly involved in multiple shootings. Yeah I went to WVU. Pac & C. Henry ftmfw.

18. Barry the Baptist

This really has me wondering.... was all this set up by Mangini? Think about it

He has alot of history with the Pats and Bellichicken so he knows the levels the chicken will sink to in order to win.

The Jets need to approve the credential for this guy to be on their sideline otherwise he just can't waltz on down to the sidelines even if he is a Pats employee.

The security knew exactly who to look for to confiscate the tape unlike the other instance in Green Bay when they just told him to leave.

It didn't take very long for this story to get out and gain a head of steam in the process.

19. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Tagliabue out, Goodell in. No wrist slaps on this guys agenda.

#459 fenwyr, Sep 11, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  20. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

check out the poll.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.