The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MayoGate, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying... :lol:

2. man2man_cover

man2man_cover New Member

Douchebaggery at its finest!!!

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I am anxious to see if there are any repercussions. I don't want this crap to be delayed for weeks.

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

the homeless picture was the best avy ever, how dare you change it.

5. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Haha.. It will come back up.. I think this one is pretty much inline with the flavor of the week.. :drunk:

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I mentioned this last night.... don't be surprised if the Panthers, Rams and Eagles all look through those games to see similar type "coincidences"

It was said earlier that both Jacksonville and the Colts suspected this in the playoffs and I said earlier that the year the Steelers were 15-1 they were pretty shitty against the Pats that day.

Bill Bellichicken has turned into Ming the Mercilous. I wonder if he has a hot daughter that is going to save Chad Pennington and lead him to victory over the evil Ming.

7. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

Just to be clear on what we are talking about here....

Trying to steal signs is not against the rules...it happens every game. That's why they use clipboards and stuff to hide their signs. It is not cheating...every team tries to pick up on the other's signs every game.

What is illegal is HOW you try to acquire the signs. There are specific guidelines about what is considered irregular. The METHOD is what is regulated.

8. Youth Is Served

Youth Is Served New Member

Well I can put some input in this since I have worked for ESPN on the sidelines before. During the regular season the camera men for NFL Films, ESPN, NFL Network and every other broadcast company are suppossed to wear colored vests. There are away team cameras on the home side of the field from time to time, that is up to the director of the show.

The difference here is that it sounds like the camera man is working directly for the Patriots. Now that means he will not be wearing a vest but will be wearing a Patriots staff shirt. So I am positive he is not allowed to be filming on that side of the field.

To also put some input on the situation is that most of the team camera are called ENG cameras. Which means there is no cable connected to the camera and it runs strictly off of tapes. Most ENG camera carry multiple tapes with them so when one runs out they replace it with another tape. Since there are no cables connected to these camera they have the freedom to roam wherever they want. Media passes practically get you anywhere you want to be on the field, and most times in the press rooms as well.

It sounds like this cameraman openly admitted that he was put up to it by the Patriots. This wouldnt be talked about unless it was the real deal. There is a case against this and the Jets might end up receiving some draft picks for this debacle.

Stay Classy Bellishit.

Youth

9. SeymourSacks

SeymourSacks New Member

haha, Parcells and others on ESPN have said every coach does this throughout the league over the last 50 or so years. Getting the other teams signals has been going on forever, and will continue to go on in the future. These are just allegations to stir up more of the rivalry for the media, they're not guilty of anything yet and probably wont be.

Laughable though, because the Jets were probably doing the same thing on the other side of the field

10. Youth Is Served

Now the things here is that this is a camera that has a cabled attached to it, if you look to the right there is a kid with cut off sleeves who has a cable around his shoulder. This means that this cameraman is working for CBS on the home side of the field. He should be wearing a vest but might have taken it off but there are certain times they do not require CBS to wear a vest. The side note is that his cable puller is also not wearing a vest, which makes me to believe that were not required to wear them. They would have been getting a hard time from security right off the bat.

Also, from a camera mans prospective they are sometimes directed to ISO (Isolate) certain players and coaches regardless of if the game is going on or not. CBS has enough cameras to cover game coverage that the sideline cameras are used to get coach reactions and flavor.

So I truly believe this picture shows no proof. I am positive that this is not the cameraman that had his camera and TAPES taken away. He would not need tapes with a cable attached to his camera.

This means that this picture is 100% inaccurate with this case. Wrong cameraman but nice try.

Youth

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Again, every team is doing it yet the Pats are the only team that has gotten caught. MULTIPLE TIMES!

12. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I think you are missing the point. Like Baron Samedi just pointed out, this isn't about stealing signs, it's about videotaping opposing coaches and breaking specific league rules.

13. Beamen

Beamen New Member

The helmet mic turns off at 15 on the playclock... The Pats weren't running it down inside 5 seconds every time like we were....Presumably, our signals are put in with at least 20 on the playclock, subsequently, the coach radios our call to Brady, and he goes to the line, and checks into a play that will offset what we're doing, along with shifting the protection to pick up any blitz we may be sending... As an offensive lineman, your job is very easy when you know where all the pressure's coming from

14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The play and players come into the huddle with about 20 seconds on the play clock. At the same time the defense is sending out it's package.

The defensive signals are sent out around the 15 second mark, as the offense is breaking the huddle. The QBs mic is turned off at 15 seconds.

It's pretty far fetched to think that a cameraman could identify which of the 3 defensive coaches that are signaling is the "live" one, make a hand signal that explains exactly what D they are running and still get the info to the QB.

If anything, they are using the info for future use (maybe 2nd half).

15. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

I thought that all network cameramen using hand-held cameras were all using cameras with digital wireless transmitters.... isn't that an antenna at the top of his head?

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

you mean the part of the game where the shit hit the fan?

17. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

So because its been done in the past makes it right? There are rules against this. That picture obviously isn't the camera man in question, though. So Sean, if I walked into a room and shot someone in the head point blank, does that make it right for you to do it as well? No, murder is murder, just like cheating is cheating.

Your coach is a sore winner and a sore loser. Your QB fathered a child out of wedlock. Your players are tampering with HGH. Your GM doesn't appreciate the talent he has (Samuel). And now, you're cheating to win. So when people say "Man those Patriots really beat the Jets this week." All I need to say is "Yes, well they had to cheat in order to win."

I can't wait for them to fine your team, take away your first round draft pick and if the NFL was smart they'd make you forfeit the win.

18. GreenMachine

I just hard on the radio here in Orlando the NFL has also confiscated electronic equipment, rumored to have been used in stealing radio signals, from the Pats. This is just a rumor. But if this is true, the Pats are going to have the hammer dropped on them.

19. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

typical pats fan.

"everyone does it, who cares?"

the NFL sent out a harsh memo about this BECAUSE THE PATRIOTS HAVE BEEN VIOLATING LEAGUE POLICY IN THE PAST.

no, everyone else doesn't do it. Just your team and its shady coach.

20. Youth Is Served

Usually for all NFL broadcast (CBS, FOX, ESPN, NFL NETWORK) they use Hand Held cameras that are still connected by cable, it gives a better image. The House feed meaning the big screen uses cameras that have the antenna's and also there are ENG cameras which run strictly off tapes.

Hope that helps, its a very complicated deal just to do one show.

Youth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.