Jets fans' reaction to Chad's injury/NBC Mention. Merged X a lot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Phokus, Sep 9, 2007.

?

The fans were cheering because...

1. Chad's ankle looked like it was on a swivel.

11.9%
  2. Chad was trying to get off the field on his own power.

25.4%
  3. Jets wouldn't have to waste a timeout.

1.0%
  4. They just really want to see Clemens.

41.8%
  5. They're drunk and have no idea what's going on.

9.5%
  6. Some girl flashed her tits.

8.5%
  7. Fan with a Brady jersey spilled his beer.

2.0%
  1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The media is blowing this thing up. The media basically covers train wrecks and if there aren't any they make them up. I used to go to live sporting events with a passion until I got married and I got tired of fat drunks acting like SOB's in front of my wife.

Any one cheering any injury is pretty much a low life dope. I have been pretty vocal in my support for a change at QB. That said Chad has been a terrific role model and person and to cheer for him being hurt is pretty sick. On the other hand watching this at home if the commentators hadn't made an editorial opinion about why or why not people were cheering, I would have never put 2 + 2 together. I would have assumed people cheered when he got up and limped off because he wasn't seriously hurt.

2. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Jackpot!

Like to generalize much?

I for one didn't have a single drink that day, I am certainly not a "loser" at least socially speaking, I have a few extra pounds but wouldn't be considered "fat", and never even came close to failing gym class.....

Just because someone has a different view on things doesn't mean they are a fat drunk loser.

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Cheering for any injury let alone from your own team doesn't make you a fat drunk loser, just a loser..

4. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Good luck.

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Hey, I just high-fived a pats fan. Tender, yet strong.

6. Jets18

Jets18 New Member

Why "some" Jet fans are morans after Sunday

I have been a Jets fan for over 25 years, I have seen the bad and the good thru the years. I am a HUGE Pennington fan since his first start vs K.C in 2002. This is a guy who has given 110% every year and some of our jerk-off fans have the nerve to cheer when he gets hurt. Some of you f*cking fans make me laugh. Back in 2002 when this guy was leading us to the playoffs all of you a**holes were cheering him or in 2004 when he beat the Chargers in the playoffs when he was hurt everyone was saying what a warrior Pennington is. The guy has given his all for the this team and one day we are going to miss that. What do you fans what? This team has had a chance to make the playoffs every year since 1998. And I am so tired of hearing of Pennington's arm, you know most of you weren't bitching and moaning in 2002 when he destroyed the Pats on Sunday night football or the next two weeks when he beat the Pack or the Colts. You for all you a-holes that cheered on Sunday. F U and remember what this guy did for us thru the last 5 years from leading us to the playoffs to playing hurt or the most important thing giving 110% when 95% of players today take a day off because of a hang-nail. Good Job Jet fans and I can't wait when we no longer have Penny we will still have fans b*tching because of his arm strength.

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Ha!! Calling out other fans by calling them morans!!! Classic!!

I agree w/ everything you said about the fans cheerng when Pennington was injured - outside of the naughty language and name calling. But you could have posted this IN THE OTHER THREAD WE ALREADY HAVE ON THIS!!!!!!!!

8. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I largely agree with your sentiments, but cant resist posting this

[​IMG]

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Irony defined: Someone using the word "moran" to insult another's level of intellect.

Priceless Moments.

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Bite me holy one. Nobody cheered when he got hurt, we cheered when he tried to get off the field on his own. And we cheered when he came back. No one wants to see Chad get hurt. He is a great guy and a good QB. That said. I hope Clemens takes the bull by the horn, gets a W and Chad never gets another snap because Chad is never going to carry us. I know, 3 playoffs... etc. Well so did Herm, you want him. And I am a season tic holder for 28 years so I ain't no newbie

11. Attackett

There have been two "morans" in this very thread that have admitted cheering Chad getting hurt. There were countless others cheering his injury in the stadium. Disgraceful I say.. disgraceful

12. Jets18

Jets18 New Member

I will go with disgraceful instead of morans.

13. Jets18

Jets18 New Member

Nobody cheered, what game were you at???? Because there has been articles all over saying how classless Jet fans are because they cheered when he got hurt. Please let me know what game I was watching because the game I was watching some of those "morans" were cheering!!!!!!!!!!

14. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I'm very disgraceful. Disgraceful++

There was nothing else to cheer for. What was I supposed to do, break down in tears and pray? Oh god, I hope chad makes it back to get us bumped in the first round of the playoffs. Again. I love watching Chad stand like a statue in the backfield and taking sacks. I love my team so much that I hope they keep all passes under 20 yards.

You guys are so full of crap. You're probably the same guys that secretly feel good when bad shit happens to friends so you can feel like you're 1 up on them. Then go to church on Sunday and ask for forgiveness.

Call me insensitive....I am. Do any of you watch car racing for the wrecks?

Hypocrites.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Geez it's not morans, it's maroons! Kids today and their fancy new cartoons. Pah! Anybody not raised on idiots, anvils and dynamite has no clue about life.

16. Attackett

Finally I have found something I agree with you about..

17. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Good, you're ready to be the embasssador for the chronically stupid.

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Tuesday is for spelling on TGG what Sunday was for the Jets.

19. Attackett

HAHAHA.. jackass..

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Typo jerkoff. Apparently you can't tell the difference.