Jets fans' reaction to Chad's injury/NBC Mention. Merged X a lot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Phokus, Sep 9, 2007.

?

The fans were cheering because...

1. Chad's ankle looked like it was on a swivel.

11.9%
  2. Chad was trying to get off the field on his own power.

25.4%
  3. Jets wouldn't have to waste a timeout.

1.0%
  4. They just really want to see Clemens.

41.8%
  5. They're drunk and have no idea what's going on.

9.5%
  6. Some girl flashed her tits.

8.5%
  7. Fan with a Brady jersey spilled his beer.

2.0%
  1. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Jets fans don't deserve Chad

That cheering yesterday to Chads injury was disgusting. Makes me ashamed to be a Jets fan. My wife was crying when Chad got hurt yesterday, and these @!$# up Jets fans are cheering! Chad is one of the toughest guys I've ever seen. And I'd love to see how well Brady would do behind our O-LINE. All Jets fans who cheered Chad's injury yesterday make me sick.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Man, that is a profound and original thought and about 15 or 20 other people didn't start threads on yesterday.

3. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Actually, the thread really should say that Chad does not deserve Jets fans.

BTW, I do agree with everything you said.

4. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

Chad took the heat for Mangini yesterday, but no excuses for the fans lack of class.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Actually he took the heat for whoever engineered the Jets offseason. I'll admit I don't exactly know who that was.

6. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Obviously I'm not going to read all of this (these) threads, but I was both cheering for Pennington getting hurt and Clemmens coming in.

I've said it a thousand times on here, I hate Chad Pennington, we can't win big with him, etc. So yes, I was happy that he got hurt. Call me a "disgrace" or whatever other words you can think of. But what I am thinking of is this team winning, and sorry people, but it's just not gonna happen with CP at the helm.

7. Bizprof

Bizprof New Member

Then he should leave if we are undeserving.

8. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

i was at the game and i DID NOT cheer when penny wnet down, only when he got up, for those idiots that cheered the wrong reasons like the moron sitting in row 6 sec 235 seat 17 , u have no class and dont even deserve to be a jet fan, id rather go 0-16 then be associated with those classless assholes, and to those of u animals who did cheer, stay out of giants stadium, take off your jets jersey and go hang out in a toliet bowl because you are a piece of shit

9. ihatethedolphins3

i am ashamed that we root for the same team, ashamed

10. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Well, 1st off i'll give you credit for coming out, because I didn't think anybody would.

But why? We've all hated a Jets player in our lives, but to be happy when he goes down? And cheer?

You're just pathetic man...

11. abdulsalaam

abdulsalaam New Member

The cheering for KC was mainly out of frustration. We were watching a much better team beat the crap out of us on both sides of the ball.... there's always that feeling when you have a backup that's shown a spark of promise that he may be the next Tom Brady.

Perhaps it's misguided, but that is what it is...

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

As usual you're correct. Alcohol also plays a role...

13. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

Well, there you have it. Of the thousands that did it, the first to come out and admit it.

Pathetic Jet fan. To chear when someone gets hurt becasue "you" think we will not win with him. "You" know more than the coaching staff does about who will help the team win more right now.

Just Pathetic.

14. ihatethedolphins3

i agree 100% , however if our oline/defenisve problems continue they might have to start selling buds in a bong instead of buds in a bottle

15. abdulsalaam

abdulsalaam New Member

Sadly, you're correct... it really is a shame...and certainly not restricted to Jets games... but with the amount of hostility, drunken loutish behavior, profanity, etc, I have no interest in bringing my girls to the games.

of course it's a minority of fans, but an ugly vocal minority.

16. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Why don't YOU leave and find another team to disgrace. You're pathetic.

17. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

I can almost bet that this would of happened anywhere in the nfl if this occurred elsewhere and anyone who doesn't believe that is ignorant. All NFL fans have no class then. Every fan in america has no class than. Let's document every instance where a fan gets thrown beer at or cheered when they get arrested for getting in a fight. Fans who boo a little girl who can't sing that national anthem right. This is the stupidest thing to even report. Every NFL fan would do this I am pretty sure of it and the fact that people have the right to single out one team because of it and believe it when they don't even know what happened in the game makes them retarded and would believe anything the media says. Who cares, fans pay the money they can do whatever the hell they want

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yeah, fans of other teams might do it, too. Still doesn't make it right and doesn't excuse some of the boorish behavior by Jets fans yesterday.

Saints fans cheered when their quarterback, Wade Wilson, got injured in 1994. I can't think of other examples right now.

19. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I don't care how many threads there are on this

I've gone through a good portion of 14 pages of wrong discussions. Yes, I'm using the word "wrong" because anybody that was not at the game (this includes the media and any fan that watched the game on TV or whatever) should have nothing to say on this because they do not know the exact mentality of the cheering for Pennington going down.

The media's always wrong so I put no basis on their comments. As for the fans watching the game on TV, you're misinformed.

Obviously, Chad goes down and you're going to have a few hecklers in the crowd that are a little too drunk and nasty. Expect a few hecklers at any stadium for a situation like that. However, you're all telling me that you think everyone at the stadium was cheering for his injury? Anyone that thinks this is the truth deserves a slap in the face for being as gullible as that.

Most fans are either indifferent spectators or big Pennington fans. Of course there are some that dislike Pennington as a QB, and some that even hate the guy, but you're going to tell me that an entire stadium worth of fans turned on a guy when he got injured??? You're all way too gullible.

I was at the game and had no second thoughts about the game until I got home and heard all this bullshit from the media and from other Jets fans. I clapped, so sue me. I was definitely not clapping for Pennington's injury, and I can tell you that 99.9% of that stadium was in the same boat as me.

Here's exactly how it went down for those who don't know...Pennington goes down and from the stands you cannot see why at all. We see him hobbling around and falling and hobbling around and falling. Then we see him get up and hop off the field on one foot. It was a pretty unorthodox way of leaving the field due to injury if you ask me. No one was cheering when he was down. If he had two trainers holding him up on his way off the field, nobody would be second guessing the fans clapping. At home, you see exactly why he was down. We were in the stands shocked and not understanding what was happening. We apologize for our delayed reaction, but most people were clapping for one of two things: Chad able to get off the field under his own power, OR Clemens coming in the game and showing support for Clemens. Some of us were even cheering for both. Maybe 0.1% of the fan base was cheering about his injury, but to believe that an entire stadium was, then you're just flat out gullible.

This is the absolute truth of the situation, and I can't believe all the dumb, wild speculation out there and the blind trust of what the dumb media portrays. Not one person in my section had any ill feelings towards Pennington to the point where they were cheering for an injury, but every single Jet fan in my section was also clapping right along with me. I am now completely and utterly disgusted with the media and I hope that this clarifies everything for all the fans that were watching from home. If you don't believe me, than believe what you want about Jets fans, but the portrayal of them in the media is blatantly wrong.

20. Tight

Tight Active Member

I agree with you, but certain people think they know how everybodies mind works and what exactly everybody was thinking...

I guess the people wanted a " boo" in that situation... eh I dunno.