This is all Pennington's fault!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetglass, Sep 9, 2007.

1. jetglass

jetglass New Member

Dear Chad bashers,
    You were right about Chad. He is such a bad qb. I mean he cant even avoid the patriots pass rushers even after having a full .5 seconds to throw He still isnt getting it done this year even with our juggernaut running game. I mean, we are averaging like a whole 2 yards per carry. Yea, Chad looked okay today. But who cares, he looked bad in the preaseason and we all know the preseason is more important than the regular season. Chad is also getting a lot of support from our stout defense. Our defense is really helping Chad all they can but Chad still cant get it done. This is all Chad's fault! Start Clemens!

Seriously, all Chad bashers, now you see from this game and every game last year that if you blame Chad for our struggles today and last season you probably dont know the first thing about football so I will try to teach you something. In this game we call football, there are 5 lineman who try to protect the qb. If they dont do their job, it doesnt matter who ur qb is, even if its manning or brady. You see how muh time Brady has to throw? Also, there is this thing called a running game. If you dont have one, again it doesnt matter who ur qb is if the defense knows ure passing every single down.

2. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Boy, Thomas Jones made a good choice coming here.

3. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

He did it all last year to no credit, he once again did his part in this game, good numbers and 2 TD passes but yeah you are right he will somehow get the blame although he led the Jets to a TD drive on one leg. KC kicked some serious ass aginst those 2nd stringers :breakdance:

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Your post is right on.

5. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

Pennington had a good game even though he had no running game and the OL play was so much worse than NE. Maybe he should have thrown a few floaters to satisfy the bashers.

6. FatStupidLoser

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

Chad Pennington is the toughest motherfucker i know.

8. floridajet

floridajet Member

In Chad I Trust!

9. cass2005

cass2005 New Member

Chad was the least of the problems today. How about a little run defense? Perhaps some pass defense? Perhaps some kickoff coverage.

10. ANJI

ANJI New Member

I like Chad, because he is a leader....... but boy, having his skills set with a young offensive line is going to kill us. Probably him too. He didn't recognize a couple of 5-6 man blitzes that he has to get the ball away early, since he can't just air out a go-route 40 yards down field or gun it out side the hass marks. He missed about 4 guys who were open and got the ball to them late. And he really had slow release today. Which was odd to me.

And it doesn't help our running attack that 90 percent of pass plays are in the middle of the field, because the linebackers have no fever about coming to the line and living with there eyes in the back field. They know the pass is going to be 10 and under yards anyway, so they can get back in zone in time.

I know every team will not be smart or talented enough to stuff the run and cover the middle of the field as well as the pats did, but it is going to be a struggle against every team with Chads' weak arm.

#10 ANJI, Sep 9, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  11. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Pennington played fine but he doesn't put any fear in the Patriots. He dinks all over the place and guys like Belichick know that in the end, it won't be enough.

12. ANJI

ANJI New Member

I agree........
    The Pats are just too good all around to get tricked by Chads Dinks and Dunks. UP front, Linebackers, Secondary and Coaching staff........ no real chinks for Chad to attack.

13. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I wouldnt blame chad pennington for this loss! hOW Can any one blame this poor guy who barley had time to set up let alone pass the ball without any p-ressure in his face . The defense coughed up first down after first down. I knew thay would use Moss as a decoy to open up the middle of the field! Davis barett is a tackleing dummy , he was personally responcible for at least 8 first downs. Please dont Blame Chad for this loss!

14. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

I am confused, so CP gave up 38 points? What does it matter what your offense can do when my gandmother can score on the Jets defense???

15. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

D'Brick sucks. He can't block the Pats' backups.

Colts drafted a starting LT (Tony Ugoh) in the 2nd round this year who dominated a Saints' D-Line full of Pro Bowlers. When will this franchise learn how to build a team??

16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Not that long then

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Chad played well, we lost. The result of the game obviously had nothing to do with the Jets QB play, I don't understand the point of this post.

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Why do people think if Clemens Gets in there he'll do better...
    Oh that's right because the Line will give him much more time and the Running game will magically take off because he is the Backup!

My bad, What was I thinking!?

Both our lines are TRAGIC! You will not win games in this state no Matter who th fk is back there!
    BTW Jetglass. Nice post... seems like some either don't read or just totally missed the sarcasm. :beer:

19. jetman8094

jetman8094 New Member

Very good post and I also agree with the poster who commented on
    Chad's toughness.

20. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Thank you for reading my mind. I haven't read one post yet that says that the Jets lost this game because of CP. Does that somehow change any games that they lost in the past because of his poor play, or negate any games that the Jets lose in the future because of it? I didn't realize that playing well in one game was enough to be immune from criticism forever.