How can we beat the Pats?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Tony, Sep 2, 2007.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

And what does that have to do with this coming Sunday?

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

We aren't that good a team yet. The Pats are on a decline, the fact that you are measuring the Pats against the Jets says it all. Ain't it a bitch to know that your teams best years are in the rear view mirror?

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You have no right to talk about confidence...you are the most over confident band-wagoneer on this board. Raiderjoe is over confident, but at least he likes a team for other reasons other than their recent success.

Seau is terrible now.

Moss takes plays off and ALL Stallworth has is speed - not to mention they both the most injury prone receivers I have ever seen.

Rodney is a cheater.

Thomas is old, but he is a very versatile player and he is good.

Randall Gay...the only reason he is decent is because of Mangini.

Eugene Wilson hasn't played well without Rodney before. Now he has the make the secondary calls and Pennington/Schotty will most likely outsmart him.

The only NEW player that I am sort of worried about is Thomas, but he's only 1 out of 11, so I'll take my chances and pick the Jets at home.

AND the grande finale - YOU GUYS LOST YOUR BEST PLAYER FOR THE FIRST SIX WEEKS. Good luck starting off strong.

#63 Mr Electric, Sep 3, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

And how many players were you missing when the Pats lost to the Jets last year?

5. jetbugga

jetbugga Member

run, run and run. i hope we can get those long 5 to 8 min drives and keep brady off the field. and we've got to stop their running game, make the pats one dimentional and put brady on his a#s.

6. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

The Patriots had such a big off-season this year that the national media (and some of their fans) have already anointed them champs - there's a lot of pressure on the Patriots to win. All of the sudden you're expected to win it all and anything less is a collapse. The only thing about that is you still have to play the game - and we all know with football anything can and does happen.

The Patriots big off-season will mean nothing come Sunday @ 1:00 PM EST. we've gone toe-to-toe with them once and were bested - but we hung tough - what does that mean? To me - if we catch the right breaks and make the big plays we COULD win. And that?s why we watch the game, that?s why we believe.

Sunday can't come soon enough!

GO JETS!!!

Peace out.

7. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

And who are you, rook? How about you carry on. On out of this thread. If you want to talk shit go do it somewhere else.

8. Tight

Tight Active Member

Dont you wish your admin again ??? :rofl: :rofl:

settle down tony, well see whos laughing come sunday....

9. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Hehe. You're right. I'm just cranky thanks to my bike accident. I'm bored silly.

10. Namath4000

Namath4000 New Member

I was thinking about this earlier today and did a little searching for some predictions on the game. I think this guy got it about right, and predicted a Jets win to boot.

Jones needs to have a good debut for us and the secondary needs to contain the Pats' passing attack. Everything else will take care of itself, but if these two things happen we'll send the Patriots home 0-1.

Edit: Can't post links with a low post count...Well, you can google "TheFanPit," find the main NFL forum, and scroll down to the weekly showdowns page...eh, it's not that big a deal. Interesting site though.

11. MAJORPAYNE

MAJORPAYNE New Member

We have to convert on 3rd down

Win the turnover battle

Win with special teams game

12. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

i think the best thing we can do in order to win this is to rattle brady early and establish a running game, if we do these 2 things we can
    1. if we rattle brady we might be able to make him make decisions quicker which may lead to interceptions, which yes, he does throw
    2. establishing the run will not only give our defense the rest they need/ keep brady off the field, but it will open up the ever important play action pass which is by far pennington's best asset

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Major Payne could possibly be the worst movie ever, besides Weekend at Bernies' 2 and/or any of the Ernest Goes to ______ movies.

14. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Call me an idiot, but you're missing Seymour and Harrison, you're on the road, and your receivers are banged up. I think Maroney will be good, but I wasn't that high on him in college, and he hasn't carried the load by himself. Granted, the Jets have question marks, too, moreso than the Patriots, and I realize the Patriots are a better football team, but they don't scare me as much as the media and many Jets and Pats fans want you to believe.

15. ihatethedolphins3

i was at that game last year and the jets team that played in the 1st half was alot different then the team that played in the 2nd half, i think we proved last year that we can compete with the pats, we did beat them on their home turf, there is no reason to think that the jets arent ganna make this game competitive

16. ihatethedolphins3

we gatta be loud at this one boys, let them hear the j-e-t-s chant alll the way in boston

17. MAJORPAYNE

MAJORPAYNE New Member

Don't hate:smile:

18. Sean_in_titletown

Why would you say the Patriots are in a decline? I'd like to hear specifics. Would it be their 30 year old superstar QB? Would it be their NFL best defensive line (all under 30 and under contract for several years) Perhaps it's their two first rounders coming up in the '08 draft? I recognize your dellusion as the same dellusion I suffered from in the late '90's trying to convince myself the Yankees were in decline. It's going to be several more years until any sort of decline.

19. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Major Payne is awesome. Any movie that features someone being an asshole to kids and has Bam Bam Bigalow in it, is a instant classic.

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Linebackers out are at best mediocre, old, slow and can't cover. Maroney is fragile and I'm betting can't answer the bell as a full time back. Brady while an excellent QB top 3, has shown he is no longer able to not throw INT's in big games since Weiss is no longer calling the plays. The over all coaching staff is in decline. Good team, over rated team on the decline.