Monday Night Countdown Jets Talk....comming up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOWIE, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Actually, it's from this year. His arm is somewhat stronger now than it was last year.

:)

2. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

thanks i was seriously in a time warp deja vu mode there...

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

one thing i chuckle about is when i read that all CP has to do is get the ball to the playmakers and let them go......

just what playmakers are we talking about????

not being an ass just asking a simple ?

jil

4. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Leon, Cotchery and Coles.

Are you serious? Any of them can break one for a huge gain, if not TD when in space.

5. KSJets

KSJets New Member

You forgot to mention the great catch necessary by Brad Smith too :wink:

6. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Smith did make a beautiful catch on that, and on the preceding play, 81 (I'm tired of typing his name) made a great play on a great throw, too. It's a team game.

Like I have said before, I support whoever the CS decides to play at QB, becuase there are positives and negatives for each, and they are in a better position thatn i am to make that decision.

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sorry to say you & everybody IMHO missed what Emmet was actually saying which was really, really simple which is when you play the elites of the league CP is a LIABILITY rather then a asset. All of you are again IMHO are looking at very small pix which is winning games instead of winning a SB which in case all of you have not noticed is the reason the regular season is played. By the time the NYJs are SB ready which will be 2010 or later CP will be just be another entry in the NFL history book so to continue thinking he will EVER get us to the promised land should quickly begin to readjust there thinking.

8. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

:beer: thats for the guts to say what many were thinking...

9. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I understand that argument and i have seen it on other boards ad nauseum as well.

But i am wondering about the flip side of it, which is that the CS believes that first they must win enough games to get to the playoffs, so they play the guy who gives them the best chance to win enough games to even get there.

The same argument was made last year, that CP should not be the starting QB, but he gave the team the best chance to win every week. I suspect they lost in the playoffs to the better team, but people want to focus on one guy as the reason they lost. The Jets got pummeled on the LOS, and last I saw, CP wasnt playing LG or NT.

But I think as soon as the CS believes that Clemens gives the team the best chance to win each week in the regular season will be the time he starts at QB.

10. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

I think I could count on one hand how many times CP hit a reciever in stride for the TD...He doesn't have big play potential in him. whenever he has a TD pass of 20 or more yards it is a pass between 10-15 yds, and the rest is done by the guy who caught the ball. his season highs are 22 TDs and around 3300 yds. those dont scream big time qb...his completion % has been solid, but i think thats more out of the types of throws he makes more often than not.

we know accuracy is his biggest asset, and his arm is his biggest liability. i mean, we have watched him play for 6 years...we should know his stregnths and weaknesses.

by this time next year i think we will see 1 of 2 things. either clemens will be the starter, or we will have a different back up that we draft. i honestly believe this is going to be chads last season as the starting QB for the jets. if im wrong, call me on it...

11. NEWNYJETS

NEWNYJETS New Member

The guys on Sirius football radio Just said they would give up next years #1 for Chad and that he one of the best qb's playing the game right now.

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

from a third party perspective, it doesn't seem like he's alluding to you specifically; but that's just my viewpoint.

i think it's easy to say the team wins more games when the starter plays, usually because there's no one better behind him.

but there are times when proven starters have overstayed their welcome. Vinny won games before he went down and made way for Chad. Bledsoe won games before he was replaced by Brady.

sure, we haven't had anyone that could have won more games for the Jets than Chad. but maybe now we do in Clemens. how do we know? i'm just tired of hearing the "record" argument, because for all we know, Clemens can win 10 games and make an early Playoff exit (or run) also.

13. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I think as soon as the CS believes that Clemens gives the team the best chance to win ten games in the regular season will be the time he starts at QB.

14. RDriven3

RDriven3 New Member

Last time I checked you had to win games to get to a SB...

In any case what would you have the Jets do? Franchise Qb's are hard to come by, QB while significant, is just one player on a team, Super Bowls are won by very good TEAMS not by one player. Chad can with a SB, he just needs the team around him. Jets have a crap load of issues on both sides of the ball, the smallest is probably their QB. How many gunslingers have come and gone in the NFL, Gunslinger != SB, no one seems to get that really, really, simple point.

15. championjets69

Well not visiting other boards I did not see what I posted anywhere on THIS board. At this point once you say CP WILL NOT get you to the promised land then it time to turn the page on him & go with someone who MAY be able to get you there. Winning games is not very important IF you know you are not a super elite team that will compete for the SB so then it is time to find a guy that will put you into the super elite status so you can compete for the SB.

16. championjets69

Get back to me after the 09 season when we still have not won a SB please

17. championjets69

What is the value of winning games & exiting the POs in round 1 year after year? Maybe it is time to rethink what you doing & no matter how hard it is to do it replace the weak point with someone who will you think is stronger.

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Please get back to me when we exit the playoffs after round one year after year..

19. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i know im running the risk of being put into your stupid excel sheet champ, but...

its easy to sit there and say "we wont win the SB this year, talk to me in 09". wow, im shocked! i mean, only 1 team ends up winning it, and there are 31 teams that dont. your odds are pretty good (especially when you look at the jets holes) that we wont win it.

its just like your stupid quote or sig in your posts about how woody is 0-7 and tangini is 0-1 for super bowls. GET OVER IT ALREADY. you make me mental with your attitude and standoffish disposition to anyone who has an opinion differering from that of your own.

i want to see the jets win the super bowl, and i want you to see it too...but give the high and mighty a break please...you arent as smart as youd love to think.

20. NEWNYJETS

NEWNYJETS New Member

Was just stating what I heard. Do you think we should expore a trade for a #1? Perhaps even more than that could be had