Jets Will Win 10 games, Chad Will Start 16 and Will Have his best year since 02

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Then your book is quite far off the mark and you've really lost all objectivity on the subject of Chad. Welcome to Homersville.

Jets w/ Chad: 31-22, 3 PO apps, 1 div title, 2 playoff wins, 1 playoff road win

You said this was "Good Research"

Well, Brady wins as well, Including big games, like the Superbowl. Perhaps you've heard of it?

I'm not a Chad hater by any means, but to say Tom Brady is not better is silly.

2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

j/k. i think we'll do well too.

3. since83

since83 Member

I was just about to ask what superstar talent did NE have. We've had way more talent in every area except 2 before EM. QB and HC

4. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

Yes. - BUT and this is a HUGE BUT - You can not compare him to Brady when Brady played more games, solely because Brady doesn't get injured.
    It is not fair. Noone can ever say where Chad would be in his career and thr Jets as a franchise had Chad been 100% healthy for all these years.

Just to add a point...Chad's injuries are NOT his fault. A broken wrist, and a torn rotator cuff caused by getting hit CAN NOT be blamed on the player. Injuries that are the players fault are the injuries that are caused by the player being out of shape or trying to do something not within his norm (e.g. hamstring, Quad and oblique pulls).....and I understand that these injuries do happen to players in shape, but the point I'm trying to empasize is...How do you criticize a player for injuries that were caused by forces not within his control.

One last thing, at a time when Chad was playing with a torn rotator cuff he took our NYJ to within 6 inches of an AFC Championship Game. What would have he had done had he been healthy? Could we have thrown the ball a little more to get Brien in FG range instead of runing it with Lamont Jordan into the line? We will never know? You can not guess or play hypertheticals. Until such time that Brady gets hurt and plays hurt (and I wish him no bad luck) you can not compare him to Chad.

5. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

I am enjoying this. It greives me that you call yourself a Jet and yet you call our leader "noodle arm". Do yourself a favour and print out your total disrespect for Chad and then when he lights it up during the season, read it and hold your head in shame.

Why would I want Brady? I am a Jet, it's what being a Jet is all about. We win and lose with the players we picked. Brady is a great QB no doubts but he is the leader of our biggest rivals and I want to beat them bad. It's difficult trying to reson with someone who is obviously not a real fan, I'm guessing you probably picked the Jets because you like the colour Green. Is gardening your other hobby? Go buy a Pats jersey will ya?

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

your a douche

7. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

OK, you were careful to leave out 05'. I think what you said is true, but defensively, Chad did not have great D support in those years which could have made a difference. We have been fighting stopping the run for quite some time. Some of the years our D was off for part of the year and got better toward the end, other years a bit of the opposite. But, we continually have had some difficulty with stopping the run. That translates over to the O side of the ball and Chad in terms of the situations he is placed in. Plus, at least now, we do not have a D end with a perpetual groin pull 10 out of 16 games a year.

Also, we never had a great kicker. Hall, while he had some muscle, was inaccurate. O'Brien was efficient and probably was scapegoated, but he too, did not have a powerful leg. I think we have high potential at kicker now. Nugent continues to get better and has not peaked yet.

It all comes down to suporting cast which has not been fully optimized yet.

#27 GreenHornet, Aug 28, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  8. Allentown Ernie

Gees, here we go again, Chad this , Chad that, common, The preseason means nothing. Chad is a winner in my book and he will win again. " But" If he doesn't Clemmens looked real good because to him preseason means alot to his career. Chad will lead us to the promised land one more time, playoffs that is. Allentown Ernie.

9. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i believe i read somewhere that brady played with a bad shoulder and had surgery when the season was over(2004 i think) also had surgery on his stomach(same thing ncnabb had/not as bad) that he played with during the season(2005). injuries or no injuries, you just can't compare penny to brady in any serious conversation.

10. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

sonny, i'm 52 years old and been a jets fan probably longer than you've been born. having read your past post, i would put you at a very, very young age, because you can't seem to mix football knowledge with love of your jets team. you yourself said, chad was as good as a sure fire hall of famer(brady), right there, you lose all credibility with anything you say.

i do not need to print anything out, chad has never lit any team up because of his super talent/hall of fame qbing... saying i'm not a jets fan, is that supposed to hurt my feelings or something?

stay in school sonny, you still have a lot to learn!!!!!

11. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

10 games?! Yeah that was last year dude, try 11...:beer:

11-5 CLUB!!!!

12. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

sonny! ok...pops. :beer:

13. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Calling out someone who does not like Chad as a bad fan? Why does liking or not liking Chad as a QB make you a good or bad Jet fan? Wanting the Jets to win should be the only stipulation on being a fan, not which players we use to get there.

Some people think the world of Chad and have their right to, he's done well by us so far.

Some see him as an oft injured QB who has a weak arm and is holding the team back. They have that right as well without being called bad Jet fans.

Being Objective about players is fine. Not all of us need to wear Green tinted Glasses to be a fan. We come here to talk football, not blindly cheer on the Jets. That's reserved for Sundays.

14. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i hope that means your buying the first cold one next time i'm in town for a game?

15. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

As Homer Simpson once said: "Aw, you can prove anything using facts."

16. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Man, I don't care if Tuiasosopo is our starter, if you can guarantee me 10 wins with this brutal schedule and average defense...I'll take it.

17. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Stopitt Stopitt! Ok Joe I hear you. For the record you have a few years on me but not many. But believe me I know football and I know the Jets. I have had it with people slating Chad.

Tell me honestly will you be back on here admitting you were wrong if Chad takes us to the championship? I think not.
    Brady will go to the HOF no doubts about that but as a Patriot. I'm only interested in who goes to join Namath, Maynard, Klecko etc- they are Jet players.

18. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Oh ye, I'm in town in October I'll buy you one too.

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

How do you know the schedule is going to be brutal? We have no idea by the end of the season how those teams will be. Look at Tennessee last year. We played them in Week 1 and they were not a good team, had we gotten them in Week 12 they would have been very tough. You just never know. All we know for sure is that the Pats figure to be the Pats in Week 1, after that it's anybody's guess.

20. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I love it when Chad sunshiners try to point out that his injuries were not his fault…they happened because he got hit. It’s a shame we have the only quarterback that has been hit over the years.

Like I said before – it is Chad’s responsibility to stay healthy…any team loss that we’ve suffered through since he was named the starter in 02 is on him – regardless of who was quartersacking.

He got hit? Please…you guys ever watch Peyton? I’ve seen that guy get moshed by over the year yet somehow gets up and plays...