Jets Will Win 10 games, Chad Will Start 16 and Will Have his best year since 02

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Aug 27, 2007.

1. GangGreen04

GangGreen04 Active Member

Chad Pennington has done one thing in his career with the jets. Well two things actually, get hurt and win football games. Chad pennington wins and wins and wins. Has he won enough to get us a super bowl, no, mainly because the supporting cast hasnt been good enough to carry us that far and hes never been talented enough to lift us over the hump like a peyton manning or tom brady. What Chad does have though is this amazing toughness and just enough smarts to make some of the more impossible situations become reality. We won ten games last year due to an easy schedule and great coaching but chad was awesome in games against tennesse, minnesota, greenbay, detroit, and so forth. These teams represent the bottom barrel of the league but he also held his own against the super bowl champion indy colts and played down right gutsy against the patriots in the playoffs, nearly single handedly keeping us in the game for three quarters until an unfortunate backwards lateral ultimately decided ourt january fate.

Move into year two of the mangini regime, one that has given us absolutely no failures thus far however as a collective fan base, we are ready to crucify the one man who symbolizes why we support our jets. Not because they are the flashiest, or most athletic, or even sexiest for that matter, we love our jets because they are tough, they fight, they never quit. We as jets fans, even when given the stability that weve yearned for over the past decade cant even appreciate that fact that a fresh season, a clean slate, a chance for redemption awaits us in less that two weeks. Threads calling for chads head, scrutinizing the preseason play have become so overwhelming that I cant help but look twice at the calender and make sure that it isnt actually late december and we are locked in a dreadful 3-11 campaign. We begin the season with the toughest test we'have ever faced in an opening game and follow that to baltimore where a defense that hasnt given up more than 30 points in a game in 5 years awaits. A time when we must collectively rally around our squad (especially those going to the game) is being overshadowed by talk of top 5 draft picks and free agent position signings.

All i'm saying is that football is important to all of us. Its only a game but its also an event that takes our mind off of work, family troubles, stress, the shit that goes on in our world. It serves to many of us, including myself, as a joyous celebration every sunday and i honestly cant wait for the first unwipable smirk after our first win to grab hold off my face. Im also not naive, the odds are we go 0-2, the o-line falls apart, chad goes down to injury due to a crushing tackle by none other than teddy brushi, but please dont ruin opening day for yourself. Dont drown yourselves in a misery that has no physical basis, no realistic bearing on what has actually happened. If the jets lose, by all means rip apart this team and bring on the talk of firesale and so forth, but until then, get ready for some football, celebrate a healthy preseason, our two new rookies, a healthy qb, a strong runing game, explosive recievers, mangenius, celebrate everthing that is our new york jets.

2. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

I'm not bashing Chad, but how can you say that he wins and wins?
    As in, a quarterback with better arm strength, a little less accuracy, better build (a better quarterback) playing in his position wouldn't win? People around her say, 'he may not have good arm strength, but he wins." Wouldn't a better quarterback win even more?

edit: That was a theoretical question, i'm not being a sarcastic ass

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Since 2002:

Jets w/ Chad: 31-22, 3 PO apps, 1 div title, 2 playoff wins, 1 playoff road win
    Jets w/o Chad: 8-19

4. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Yeah, but the Jets w/o chad have been qb'd by an old Vinny, and Brooks Bollinger....

Plus, those changes came in the middle of the season, so the team understandably would have played worse

5. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Good research. This is all that needs to be said.

6. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Total nonsense. Are you saying if Brady had come in for Chad we would have a winning season? The problem with so many "Jet Fans" is they can't see how important Chad is to the team.

7. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

if your talking about if tom brady came in for chad??? duh, i'd say yes!!!!

8. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

I think that point supports what i said more than what you did. If we had Brady we would have won WAY more than with Chad. What makes Chad more special to our team than another quarterback who is better than him?

9. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Is Brady better than Chad? Not in my book. If Chad had had the personnel Brady had in New England he would have been equally succesful.

10. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Comparing Chad’s winning percentage to other patch work quarterbacks we’ve had when he has been down is just a dumb comparison. First off – our backups were a joke…with the exception of Vinny whom while not a joke was 84 years old.

Second – when the offense is tailored around a quarterback and he’s sitting on the bench – you are going to suffer.

Also – and I’m probably alone on this one but I credit every loss that we have had since Chad was named the starter to him; I don’t give a crap that he was hurt riding the bench; one of the most important aspects of his job is staying healthy, something that he has more or less completely failed at. In my book – that puts him at around 38 and 38.

11. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Joe, your a Patriot in denial. Go watch them, it's okay to do that, really.

12. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

lolololololol, oh my, i can't believe you really believe that crap. if so, i think you lack real football knowledge. to even put noodle arm in the same sentence as brady is total homerism and completely assnine....

13. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Joe, you have confirmed what i said in my last post.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Good thread. Pennington's importance to the team is obvious to me and many others. He didn't win Comeback Player of the Year for nothing last year. I hate the fans who act like they are now, then when he succeeds praise him like they knew how good he was. Annoying. I have never jumped off the Pennington bandwagon, and don't intend to until the Clemens era begins. (Hopefully a couple years from now)

15. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

It's gotta be proven that Brady is a better quarterback than Chad. Saying that doesn't make you a Pats fan either, it's just seeing talent, and giving credit where it is due.

16. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

you don't have to be a complete homer/idiot to be a jets fan. it's actually ok to admit there are some good players on the other teams. even maybe, better players than what our jets team presently has.

i believe i can be a jets fan and a football fan at the same time. i refuse to lower myself to an idiots level, just so i don't have to admit noodle arm does not belong in the same sentence or level as tom brady.

right now, you have a choice to trade noodle arm for tom brady. are you telling me you wouldn't do it in a nanno second. if so, i think 99.9 percent of the folks on this board would tell you your a mor**!!!!!!

17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Chad has played with a HOF Running back, very good to great WR, one of the best OL in the game. He has had more Offensive talent around him than Brady in 02, 04 and 06. He isn't in Brady's class. That's not a real knock on Chad either. Brady is going to go into the HOF he als is a SB MVP, Chad has yet to go to the pro bowl.

18. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

Well Said!

I guess the problem lies in the fact that if 75% of the posters posted on realistic matters there wouldn't be a TGG.com

19. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Exactly. Plus, Brady virtually had to carry the team on his back through the middle of last season, to get them to where they were going into the playoffs

20. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

i guess you should be calling out winston and t62 for being pats fans too. i see them as being football fans that aren't total homer's, but you know better than all, i would assume!!!!