Monday Night Countdown Jets Talk....comming up

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KOWIE, Aug 27, 2007.

1. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

they just flashed penny on there and berman said they were going to taslk about him struggling in the preseason. dunno what theyll say but figured id give a heads up.

2. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

Emmit trashing Chad and his arm. Basically said bring up the safeties, because Chad cannot stretch the field.

3. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Does he post here too? ;-)

"He's smart. And weak."

4. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

emmit smith is an honest asshole! he bought the mike vick "im sorry" crap....and his choice for most worrysome QB sit was the jets. chad is "smart and weak". "the money paid to thomas jones is a waste because pennington cant stretch a defense". "pennington cant break a game open, hes weak, smart, but weak".

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Pennington doesn't have the "break the game open" - he just has to get the ball into the hands of the playmakers and let them break the game open. Let's just hope he can get them the ball every game.

6. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

wow, he said exactly what many of us have been saying for a while now.

only, instead of Thomas Jones being a savior, Emmit says the money was wasted because there'll be 9 in the box. i don't know if i can argue that.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

How dare Emmit Smith talk badly about Lord Chad!!??? OMG he must be some kind of a-hole.

8. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

:rofl: :rofl: :smile: good ole duckwing

9. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I think I agree with Emmitt that we do not stretch the field.

However, I do think Chad is CAPABLE. I think Chad, mentally, is scared to do so. Someone needs to tell him to let it fly, and if you throw a pick, oh well. I've seen Chad throw a deep ball, and it's very nice. However, he doesn't do it very often, and when he does he doesn't look confident doing it. When he says "oh f it" and just does it, you get that playoff throw to Moss for 50 yds.

Its kind of like playing golf. When you try to aim it down the fairway, and you're scared, you never hit the damned fairway, but then when you're about 10 over your usual score, and you say "Screw it, this day is shot anyway" you start ripping them down the fairway.

10. CanadaGreen

CanadaGreen New Member

I agree that Chad can't stretch the defense out on a consistent basis, but it pisses me off that idiots like Emmitt would base this on a few pre-season games.
    The Jets do not do anything special in pre-season, they play vanilla offence with hardly any pre-snap movements and they let Chad quickly dump off the ball..no sense getting him killed in what I consider glorified practices.
    I can guarantee that when that first meaningful game starts, the playbook will open up, Penny will throw for a few touchdowns and people will be wondering why fans and analyst keep second guessing him.. Weak arm or not, as long as he plays to his strengts he gives us the best chance to win every Sunday.:pats_suck:

11. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

these guys say the same stuff every year. Yet when Chad is healthy the Jets have good years. His arm is below average but if the way these talk was true he wouldnt be in the league as we speak.

12. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

thats why i cant understand how he bought the Vick "im sorry" speech....hes seems smarter than that...but i guess hes just football smart. danhcing queen that he is!:rofl2:

13. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i think this year may be different. if we cant shore up the OL it may not matter if chad is healthy or not. hopefully the pass protection, or lack thereof, is a scary thing....especially when the consensus is that they arent great at run blocking either. we could be in for a long year...i hope not...

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

In all fairness to Emmit, if Chad plays as badly in the regular season as he has in the past two weeks, he Won't be in this league for long.

15. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Emmitt is right on the mark. Cut it out with the Chad nonsense. Guy can't throw the ball 5 yards, what do you expect Emmitt to say?

16. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Chad-white
    Vick-black

17. KSJets

KSJets New Member

He needs to be de-Hermified. I swear I see it already with Brodie Croyle. He's a gunslinger but Herm will make him afraid to turn it over. I honestly feel that's what happened with Chad. Herm forced him to play super-conservative and now it's ingrained in him.

18. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

then he needs to unlearn and play without a ball-and-chain of fear.

or maybe just take more karate...

19. since83

since83 Member

where are you going with this. one has nothing to do with the other. but i'd like to hear you explain.

20. since83

since83 Member

explain what you mean