QB controversy brewing? or the media overracting

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Rod_2, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

:lol: So that must have been one of those automatic passing machines getting the ball to those guys behind the bad O line. Ok, I can see logic has no part in this conversation.

Have a nice day, guys.

2. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

I admit that Clemens has played against the second team defenses this pre season but that Int that he threw was on an incredible play by the safety. If that play would have been made with Chad throwing the pass I would not have blamed him for that one. There is a big difference when Clemens throws to the receivers as opposed to Chad. Mccareins looks like a whole different player catching Clemens passes. I agree with Chad getting us to the playoffs and us having a winning record with him at Qb etc, etc. I agree he got no pass protection from the offensive line. I think the league has the book on Chad and will blitz him all season if he can not complete some downfield passes or at least the quick out passes. I just disagree that he can get us to the next level.

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

im the crazy one? are you fucking nuts? the majority of our offense was passing the ball under 10 yards and the WR's running for a few yards afterwards.

please send me footage of these games where chad airs it out continuously.

4. FOURTHANDLONG

These games do not exist because Chad has never aired it out. But he can send you footage of the 1 legendary long pass in five years he threw to Santana Moss Four Years ago against the Chargers! Lol...

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

It looked like he had the local High School playing Offensive Line.

Anyone that tells you Chad looked bad, had to be drunk by the time the game started.

The OL play looked like Chinese Fire Drill time.

6. FOURTHANDLONG

And Chad's looked like a deer in Headlights. I would say he was in Mid-season form as far as folding like a deck of cards like he always does.

7. Italian Seafood

Perhaps. If you noticed on Chad's TD to Washington, he didn't lead him down the field because the Giants #37 was taking an angle and could have made a play. Chad threw it to the open spot, Leon made an adjustment, caught the ball, then deked the guy and was off to the races. A big-armed QB with a 10 cent head tries to lead him perfectly down the field and either gets it picked or broken up. Not saying Clemens is one of those guys, but there are different ways to play the position. As long as you get it to your guy, that's the idea. On that play, Clemens didn't. The WR was behind the D, the ball was underthrown.

Sorry, Bro. I find that impossible to believe.

Where are all these "levels"? There aren't levels. You either are good enough to get to the playoffs and take your shot or you aren't. Chad has proven he can get us there, from there you need to get some breaks. Chad didn't kick the ball in Pittsburgh and he wasn't on D when New England iced the game last year with an 8-minute drive.

We've had a dynasty in our division since Chad's been the QB, so we normally have to go on the road the first week of the playoffs and that makes it tougher. Changing QBs isn't going to change that fact. There are your levels.

8. Italian Seafood

Chad's game isn't airing it out, it never was. His game stems from play-action, which is more effective when you can run for more than 2 yards. Last year we couldn't do that and Saturday night we couldn't do it.

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Didn't we get to the playoffs with Doug Brien as our kicker that year?

10. Italian Seafood

And he made so many big kicks to get us there. :lol:

You missed the point entirely, I see.

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

rofl you missed his point. he was inferring Penny wasnt the only reason we got that far. I guess Curtis Martin doesnt exist right?

he was also inferring Penny doesnt make big plays either.

and as a QB its not your job to hope you have a great running game. its your job to throw the ball the best way possible and score. also not throwing picks.

12. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Doug Brien had a good year in 04 and was a key member of that team. We also won 3 games that year by 3 or less points including the week before. Brien like Chad sucked in the Pittsburgh game. Like Brien, Chad was unable to move the team and throw a bad INT that lead to a Pittsburgh TD. Chad moved on to have a shoulder surgery and stunk up the field in 05 before going out again with a shoulder surgery and he came back last year and played a very smart but mediocre season and took a well coached mediocre team to the playoffs were we got our ass kicke primarily because our QB like our kicker choked in a big moment.

Teams upgrade all the time, the 49er's upgraded from Joe Montana to Steve Young when the time came. The time is comming here and is likely to be this year at some point.

13. Italian Seafood

I didn't say Pennington was the only reason we got there, but this notion that he can't get us to "the next level" is compeletly absurd. There was your next level, right on Doug Brien's foot. Of course it's a team game, so people who think it's Chad holding us back haven't been paying attention.

14. Italian Seafood

Once again your hatred clouds your memory. We were 1-2 with Chad, had Chrebet hung on to the game winning TD Chad threw him (with the shoulder already torn) we'd have been 2-1. Happened right in front of me, in fact. Yeah, he really stunk up the field.

15. FOURTHANDLONG

I noticed a player falling for a pump fake on the play of the game and Chad wobbling a pass that leon caught 20 yards downfield. He then shook two players and took it the distance. The Next Level is the playoffs. Think the Patriots and Colts will be satisfied with making the playoffs? Changing Qb's might be the difference between us and the Patriots. I think Clemens can throw a five yard dump off as good as Chad and anything over ten yards better than Chad.

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Watch that game again and tell me Pennington didn't hold us back. I hate when people credit Pennington for us being so close to winning that Pitt game. HE SUCKED IN THAT GAME. SUCKED

17. Italian Seafood

He was the reason we were in that game, in the playoffs to begin with. Again, it's a team game. On the road vs a 15-1 team, different guys have to step up, especially when the QB is playing with a torn shoulder. Moss stepped up, the D stepped up, Chad managed the game and got us to the game winning FG attempt twice. The kicker missed both kicks. Team game. One we're not even in without our QB.

18. Italian Seafood

So Chad has taken us to "the next level" every year he's been healthy.

Every team has the same goals.

You realize the Patriots QB is Tom Brady? So if we change our QB to Tom Brady, then yes. Otherwise, probably not.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

So when we lose it's a team game (not Chads fault) but when we win it's because of Chad Pennington? That's a bit lopsided is it not?

you'll never hear me disagree that it's a team game but don't say "we were within a missed FG of the AFC championship game" as a credit to Chad like he was the man in that game and Brien F'd it up. Say it like you just did - defense and special teams were the only reason we were in that game. If we had a better QB we would have won easily IMO.

20. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

Getting tired of always hearing the excuses on why Chad plays like shit. He had 1 good throw. WHOOPEEE:breakdance: