Vilma trade ideas - merged 3X

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsIn2004, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

All I have to say is thank god you guys aren't running this team. Vilma for a G on the downside of his career and about to become a FA?

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

A good inside running game will do more to reduce the scoring chances of our opposition than a sideline to sideline player who can't take on guards in a 3/4 D with a weak Nose.

3. rillo

rillo New Member

I hear ya...some people can't stand Vilma for some reason...i think he's played good so far...yes it pre season but give the guy @ least another year in the system...LG can help us...but don't trade one of the (young) leaders on defense....just crazy,

4. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I actually don't think this is crazy at all. I was thinking the same thing this morning. The problem is finding someone who is willing to trade a high quality O-Lineman. As everyone mentioned Faneca would be great, but the contract may be the poison pill. There will be teams interested in Vilma, but the question is what are they willing to pay.

DbJ

5. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

We also have a surplus of TEs. Maybe someone needs one for an OG

6. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

EXACTLY. Well said. I didn't bring up Faneca, someone else did. I think a guard + a pick would do it for me. I know it's preseason, but you do realize Vilma has made 0 tackles in 2 games in this defense, right?

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This would be the panic move of all panic moves, thankfully I don't see this FO as ready to panic just yet. Wouldn't it make more sense to see who gets cut over the next week before trading a young talent for guard on the downside of his career?

It makes much more sense to dangle JMac if no quality guards get cut.

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i wouldnt be against trading vilma, just not for faneca. i want someone who will still be on the roster when were done fully rebuilding.

9. Variety

Variety New Member

A guard doesn't guarantee you anything. Look at the Vikings. 50 millions for Hutchinson and their running game still sucks. Look at the Bills. 50 millions for Dockery and their running game still sucks. You don't see guards getting drafted in the top 10 and very rarely are the most talented guards the best guards in the league. The Colts have like two undrafted free agents at LG and RG. Kris Dielman = undrafted. Brian Waters = undrafted. And the list goes on and on (see the Broncos and Patriots).

If you want to trade Vilma, fine, but you better ask for something special in return. Speedy 4-3 MLB's are worth so much more than guards, doesn't matter how good they are. If you could start a franchise right now, i can guarantee you that Vilma would be the first MLB off the board.

10. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

well said. offer me rashean mathis or luis castillo for vilma and we might have a deal.

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

castillo would be nice. as good as we both know vilma is in a 4-3 rashean mathis just might be the best corner in the league not named champ bailey. so id vilma for him without thinking twice.

12. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

jmac couldn't bring the jets a pizza and a six pack. he's been shopped around already. teams know the jets are in deep doo doo with the offensive offensive line, they won't settle for a jmac and hand over the jets a starting olineman. in fantasy land maybe, but not in the real world when they know the jets are looking to trade from a weakness....

13. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Some nice trade scenarios have come out of this thread and some good ideas based on required talent for position of need. Why is it I always get a queasy feeling when Jets fans start talking about trading Vilma?

14. winstonbiggs

Nothing guarantees you anything but the Ravens and the Pats do draft 1st round guards and they have consistently drafted better than most teams in the NFL. A good OL makes everything better a sideline to sideline undersized middle linebacker in a 3/4 doesn't do that.

15. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

I'm not trading Vilma for no f-ing Guard. Yall people are desperate. Vilma is a future Hall of Famer. The most I will do involving a Vilma trade will have to be for his buddy Vincent Wilfork

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

17. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

Vilma is a future Hall of Famer!

How much u willin to put up?

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I think you're either overrating Vilma, underrating what it means to be a HOF'r or both. To call a guy going into the 4th year of his career a future hall of famer is tough to do. The HOF is for guys that stand out as the cream of the crop over there careers. Vilma hasn't even done that for the 3 years he's been in the league and could continue to struggle to stand out in the 3-4.

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I like Vilma but unless you fellate every member of the voting committee for the rest of their natural born lives Vilma is no HOF'er. Not in a million votes!

I will go 10k on this!

20. winstonbiggs

JTrain is a hot chick? Great user name.