Where Are You Kendall Haters

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JIMsection323, Aug 26, 2007.

1. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Now where are all you kendall haters who bashed him for wanting an extra million to guard our QB. Huge mistake letting him go and sat. nights game proved it. bender is a complete JOKE the jets have no LG and pennington is gonna get killed in week 1. i really hope not i really hope the FO comes up with a plan to protect pennington. Oh and for all you pennington haters shut ur mouth he never had a chance last night. and dont give me this OH CLEMENNS PLAYED GREAT he had the first team OL vs the gaints 2nd team i would have hope he played good or else he sucks.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Funny, I thought about starting a thread just like this. I couldn't agree more. Even if the FO finds a guard on the scrap heap he will still need to learn the offense and blocking schemes. We are probably (or should I say Pennington is probably in trouble) in trouble for the first part of the season. He has to hope Adalius Thomas doesn't put him out for the year on the first passing down of the first game of the season.

#2 Don, Aug 26, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
  3. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Kendall wouldn't have made that line good. We obviously need help from somewhere though.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This site is becoming unbearable.. The line would have sucked with or without Kendall.

5. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Thank you...

More pre season panic... thank God this board wasn't around when the Jets had those 5-0 presesons... I would've loved to seen the threads of all the people booking trips to the Superbowl in August...

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Clarke looked okay..Bender was clearly not ready yet

7. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

With or without Kendall, i don't think we will be better than 7-9 with that schedule. I also think Clemens will be our starter by week 12.

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I would love to quote you 100 times maybe it will sink into the wannabe Tannenbaum's. So how about 10.

9. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Actually, I have been bouncing around to a few different boards where my reports were posted, and i think this board is the most level-headed of them all, overall.

Best game thread, too!

And yeah, the OL sucked and that bummed me out last night.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm bummed also, Jetcane.... didn't think much better of the D-Line either.

Both lines are not ready for 9/9, IMO, but I also agree with above posts that Kendall wouldn't have made things much better on the O-line anyway. I'm still okay with the Kendall trade... we got good value for him and wouldn't have received anything otherwise. I also think that anyone who expected Bender or Clarke's performances last night to meet pro-bowl standards are quite delusional. It's a young line... even Brick was getting beat here and there, so sometimes the best way to get the younger guys ready is to get them out there, have them get their asses kicked good and give them the wake-up call they need.

11. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Clearly you didn't understand the Kendall situation. So I suppose renegotiating a 34 year old guard's contract to allow a slight improvement to our line was worth opening up future disgruntled players to screw with our cap. You want to blame the FO for not doing more about the O-Line, fine...but stow the Kendall BS.

12. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

I thought the wake-up call came last week against the vikes?

Do they have the alarm set on snooze? :grin:

13. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

It was a $Million. Give me a break the Jets should have paid it and I said it before. WE GOT GOOD VALUE FOR KENDELL!!! Tell me that again when the season starts and Chad is being carried off the field.

14. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I'm right here. The guard play wasn't good yesterday, but it wasn't good with Kendall in there either so it's a wash in my book.

15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I don't think Kendall would have solved this problem alone. Chad was getting no protection last week either. He had better thin out the molasses in his legs or he will get slaughtered. the combo of bad protection and how slow he is is gonna get him killed.

16. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

No i did understand the situation we had him under contract weather he liked it or not. All i was saying was pay him the extra million and put the BS to rest. But because the front office didnt want to budge we're left with a rookie on our line. GREAT JOB FO!!!!!!!!!! YOU REALLY SHOWED THE PLAYERS IN THE FUTURE NOT TO MESS WITH YOU!!! is that the message we're trying to send????? Oh and for those of you who think Kendall wouldnt have made a difference are just lost.

17. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

I'm right here. Hi, how are you? When a player demands extra money and goes to the media, you simply have to get rid of them. You can't pay them because that sends a message to all the players that if they're unhappy with their contract, they just start pissing and moaning and then the Jets FO will make everything alright.

You can't run a franchise like that -- sorry. Kendall had 3 years left on his deal -- he needed to "man up" and deal with the fact that he signed a contract.

18. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Read my above post. You're looking at this argument one-dimensionally and failing to realize certain realities of running a franchise. This is a good management decision by the Jets. Yes, they take a talent hit, that much is true, but for the long term, this was the best decision they could've made. They must set a precedent that players cannot bitch like whiney little preteen girls and get their way out of a contract that they recently signed.

19. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

If we give Kendal an extra million whats stopping another player like Vilma from saying I want an extra million too, or maybe Coles wants another million? Do we keep on bending over for everyone that wants another million dollars added to their contract?

20. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

Bender will be fine. He is a rookie and there will be some growing pains. Do people here really expect him to come in and play flawless. He has the talent and the drive, and will grow into the role. As for Kendall, could not miss him less. He was an OK guard but a team chemistry cancer. I am so so glad he is gone. Definitely addition by subtraction.