Is Chad 3rd or 4th on the depth Chart or am I just a troll? Merged 4x

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Aug 17, 2007.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Our D did stink the first half of the year which is why we went 4 & 4. It was the D improvement in the second half that made us a winning team in spite of the fact that Chad had a tired arm and couldn't throw.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

H'mmm wonder what you will be saying when there still is no WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP flag flying after this year, next year & the year after that?

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Cha and his weak arm kept us afloat the first half, w/o him we wouldn't have had a chance to be in the race in the 2nd half and the D improvement wouldn't have helped much.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I love how you base your argument on your own predections of doom.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

It not an argument now is it? Please just kindly remember what I posted when the 09 season terminates for us

6. winstonbiggs

Chad's fear of making mistakes absolutely helped us go 500 last year before the D picked it up and insured us a winning record.

7. nyjunc

His fear of making mistakes? so you want a QB who turns it over more? laast year he took more chances than he ever has thus his first high INT year, I prefer te guy who protected the ball better from '02-'04 than the guy who threw 16 INTs last year but considering all that was working against him last year he had a great year.

8. winstonbiggs

His outright fear to push defenses back has made his short throws much more vulnerable to being picked.

9. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

They will try to throw it downfield as soon as the OL is able to give him more than 2.5 seconds in the pocket.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You have to admit, he gave it a try quoting ESPN sources on the draft last season until he realized how dumb it sounded.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's the problem, junc. Chad is a bad fit for this offense. While Shotty likes to run the ball a lot, he also likes to take chances downfield once the run sets it up. This isn't a 'play-it-safe' offense. And the OC isn't completely afraid of putting the reins in the QB's hands. I just don't think Chad can get it done unless they nitpick the playbook for plays he can make. And you don't win championships that way.

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'll kindly remember now that last year at this time you were telling us about the "hell we would be in until 2009 and possibly 2010" from the Herm/Bradway era. Not only did we make the playoffs in year one, we're now far enough under the cap that some people think we should have thrown an extra million at a 34 year old guard/lockeroom lawyer.

13. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I am not anti-Pennington by any means, but last season, his lack of arm strength held the offense back, and I believe it'll happen this year too. It isn't the downfield throws, but getting the ball to the receiver in tight coverage quickly. If this team is going to succeed this year, it'll have to be the offense that carries it, and as much as I like Chad, I'm not convinced that he should be the man.

14. winstonbiggs

It was interesting tonight against the Giant second D the Jets power ran the ball down their throats and then went right at them with down field passing, no dink and dunk.

15. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Is a lot of the dink and dunk not Chad reverting to backup targets though, rather than designed plays?

16. nyjunc

Yep, w/ our STARTING OL against the giant backups so if we can get those types of matchups our OL and O will be unstoppable:lol: