Kendall traded to Redskins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Aug 23, 2007.

1. man2man_cover

man2man_cover New Member

Bye bye douche bag. Now that the soap opera is finished, time to see if Bender and Clarke can make the best of their opportunities.....if not, there's bound to be a veteran guard cut in the ensuing weeks.

2. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

You know what totally is getting ignored? That the Jets were screwing Kendall.

3. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

It's better than cutting him and having him go to the Dolphins, and with all the trading on draft day Tannenbaum likes to do extra picks are always useful. I just hope our line can hold up with Clarke/Bender.

4. #28Martin

You know what totally is getting ignored? That the Jets were screwing Kendall.

5. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

That's interesting. I kinda thought that since he got a nice bonus for showing up last year, that he really wasn't getting screwed.

6. Slobberknocker

Slobberknocker New Member

We used that pick to take Rocky McIntosh. If you haven't heard of his play this year, um, you will. I wouldn't take that trade back if we had to add another 2nd. Call me crazy. Just watch.

I'll take Moss over Coles any day of the week, especially Sunday.

Our Achilles heel this year beyond any doubt was guard. No way we pay Dockery insane money, but still. He was the weakest of our five yet left us with a glaring weakness that almost got our franchise QB killed.

Enter the Jets. I hope the deal works well for both of us. Sounds like you're happy. I KNOW we're happy.

You never know... one man's trash, etc. etc. Your FO treats us fairly and we have a great relationship. Neither side gets fleeced.

I wish you all a great season (kill the Pats, please!).

#146 Slobberknocker, Aug 23, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  7. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Martin you hit it right on the head.:grin: . Promises were made and not kept. You think other vets will take Tannenbaum or Mangini at their word, not a snowballs chance in hell. This will come back to hurt us .:sad:

8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Yeah that Brad Smith and Leon Washington....Man must they suck right?

Kerry Rhodes is a 5th rounder, he obviously sucks right?

Please get the heck out of here...Jets FO has always drafted well in the 4th round......

9. #28Martin

Nah. He was promised if he had a good season that they would take care of him and then they totally reneged on it.

10. #28Martin

Yeah and won numerous Super Bowls based on it... C'mon. Schlegal was an excellent pick also as was Andre Maddox.

#150 #28Martin, Aug 23, 2007
  11. BakerMaker

BTW you must be crazy to see this isnt a good deal.

Kendall wouldent have played hard for us even if we kept his arrogant ass. He planned on ratting out the Jets FO for whatever reason, which in result could get our team in trouble. Dennie Green prevented this by dumping this scab off and out of training camp back in Arizona.

Kendall isnt bad BUT realize this.....Hes aging and is like 32-33 and WILL have some injuries. He was banged up last year, so that is a telling sign that there will be things to come ESPECIALLY if he wasnt giving it his all in training camp.(He will be out of shape).

Kendall needed out before he got some teammates to turn their back on the team and infect our young O-Line with negativity. Let his ass rot, because he realizes that we gave him a new life after he was dumped in Zona before the season began.

If its an 09 pick so be it, the 08 draft class doesnt look to be all that deep at all and its always the even years(02,04,06) that Washington does well, as in playoff well. The odd years are the years they stink it up and cough up a top 10 pick(01,03,05,07). And if your not wondering already, this is largely based on the schedule and how it varies......

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

that's what Kendall says. If that were the case, why didn't he get it in writing? Or was he just making things up to stir up some noise in order to get his way?

13. BakerMaker

That means L. Tomlinson, Shawne Merriman, Phillip Rivers, are all garbage according to your logic because they've not won a super bowl, or better yet a playoff game.

NE picked Chad Jackson the WR from Florida in the 06 draft in the 2nd round....Must mean they cant draft for shit either?

#153 BakerMaker, Aug 23, 2007
  14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Well, this is a subject that has a lot of different points to it.

To begin with, I've never heard that the Jets said they would renegotiate anything with Pete. For all we know, this is his own interpretation of whatever was said. The fact is, unless you were in the room when the words were spoken, you can't take either side on this subject.

Secondly, they supposedly promised him a raise if he had a "good" season. In all honesty, what is the definition of a "good" season for an OLineman? Kendall was average to slightly above average last season, IMO. To me, he wasn't what I'd term "good."

On top of that, Kendall could have handled the situation much differently. Rather than man up and try discussing things with Tanny, he threw a tantrum, and spoke out at every opportunity. As I say with practically everything these days, try that at your job, and let us know how it works out.

Did Kendall get screwed? Maybe, maybe not. The only fact that remains is that he has been traded, and he could have made this situation a lot less painful than it became.

15. hermitkid

hermitkid New Member

FYI, somebody on the skins board said that the trade was for a 5th round pick in '08 or a 4th in '09. The condition being whether Kendall plays more or less than 80% of Washington's snaps.

16. BakerMaker

If so thats a even better deal than I imagined...

Considering the state the Skins are in regarding the O-Line with Samuels really banged up and some empty pieces on the line Kendall WILL play in all likelihood. And if WSH doesnt play him, hes going to do the thing he does best: Whine and Cry.

17. BakerMaker

Seems like every year we have to root for the Skins to lose for a better draft pick.

Hey we got our RB thanks to them. :lol:

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Everybody, including you, is assuming they have any idea what verbal agreements were made between the Jets' FO and Kendall... yet nobody was there and so they take some article verbatim as reality. The facts of the matter are:

1) Kendall restructured last season to give the Jets some cap room and Kendall some guaranteed money that he didn't have and wasn't going to get. He's the one that was so desperate to sign with a team after being shuffled out of Arizona that he took a Jets deal under Bradway and Herm with no signing bonus. And this regime gave him a bonus.

2) Pete Kendal has a well-documented history of raising hell through the press, and another well-documented history of being shuffled out of town for it. This team despises the press.

3) Pete Kendall was, by accounts of numerous fans on this board who attended training camp and thankfully provided us with the substance the beat writers have been lacking, separate from the rest of the team on the sideline and not entirely an popular figure to be emulated.

In my opinion, to assume the Jets' FO was screwing Kendall is narrow-minded at best.

#158 abyzmul, Aug 23, 2007
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Provide us with proof of this or your argument is empty.

20. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Good move, we got something for him and now don't have to deal with him.