Is Chad 3rd or 4th on the depth Chart or am I just a troll? Merged 4x

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Aug 17, 2007.

1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I wouldn't think the odds were better if he was actually on crack but I'm sure you could get a bookie to take the bet and set the actual odds.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Your argument gets a little muddied when you take Hackett's complete inflexibility and stubbornness into account. Honestly, I don't think Herm really spends much time at all thinking about the offense of whatever team he happens to be ruining, but I do think he spends a lot of time worrying about how those players affect the image of his team and of course not maintaining the STATUS QUO is detrimental to his future political career.

3. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

We need a bigger Ol and DL PERIOD!

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence with Chad.

As of now i see no reason for Kellen to start the season at QB. Chad leads this team, and if the team continues to win in the regular season its his team.

If the team is slow out of the gate that may change. The first 7 will tell the tale IMO.

Sun 9/9 New England 1:00 pm
    Sun 9/16 at Baltimore 4:15 pm
    Sun 9/23 Miami 1:00 pm
    Sun 9/30 at Buffalo 1:00 pm
    Sun 10/7 at NY Giants 1:00 pm
    Sun 10/14 Philadelphia 1:00 pm
    Sun 10/21 at Cincinnati 4:05 pm

That, to me, looks to be the harder part of the up comming year. If we are under .500 at this point, it may be the perfect time for Mangini to make the change.

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

oh my God, the sky is falling...the apocalypse is near.....global warming is inevitable... loosely translated from Pennington having a bad PRESEASON game...so what else is new?

6. winstonbiggs

We all are going to die, didn't you get the memo?

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

yea, but then again ive been having problems with my TPS reports, so I really could care less if I die today:grin:

8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

It was the 3 other threads all saying the same thing when they could have said it in your thread. I just renamed it because of the anti Chad sentiment.

I renamed it back to your thread title.

9. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

A head coach cant ruin a franchise in one year...he left a mess here..and he is way ahead of schedule to leave a mess in KC. If you cant see what a mess he is creating in KC junc..then you need to hit the ole eye doctor because the blinders you have for Herm are too strong.

Chad can make a few throws? Junc..what dont you get about the people that do not believe Chad can be a superbowl QB? I cant really believe you dont get the arguement. I know you are not slow...so it can only be stubborn. I DONT CARE ABOUT THE INTERCEPTIONS. I care about the passes he throws that are clocked on radar under 10mph. I care about other teams playing 11 guys in the box (if it were legal...im convinced other teams would put 12).

As far as Ken Obrien and Richard Todd go....17td's and 16 interceptions by a QB that cant throw the ball with any zip. A qb that when we enter the red zone..for most qb's...with Chad..its like we are on the 50 yard line. Sorry...Ken Obrien and Richard Todd were more enjoyable to watch for me. I can watch a Pennington type QB at any high school game on any given Saturday. For christ sakes..our local QB hit a guy on the run for 40 yards last year....kicked the extra point to boot!

For the final time Junc...I dont care about the interceptions against the Vikings...I could give two craps about his stats. I am just sick and tired of having a QB that runs my team...the team I root and die for...who's claim to fame is he "manages a great game". Take the "manage" and shove it. I want a QB that stretches a defense. A QB that makes you pay when you cheat. For 5 years we have rooted for a guy who COULD hit the backside of a barn....he just cant reach it.

His style caught up with him 3 years ago..its old...it will never get better..and its time to move on. Veteran QB's become more accurate and smarter...they dont become stronger. He is one of the easiest QB's to gameplan for.

With that said..in typical Chad style...he will blow the doors off the Giant hinges this week because Chad is a survivor. The threads reading "WHERE ARE ALL THE CHAD HATERS TODAY!?" will be out in full force.

He has done this too many times....and I personally could care less about the great game he will have against the Giants. Fool me 200 times..shame on you...201?...

10. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

No doubt...And looking at it more closely, that is an extremely rough 7 games. Miami and Buffalo always have good games since it's division rivals, their is no "push-over" game at all with those teams...

I agree, if Chad and the offense stumble to a 2-5 start, then their is absolutely no doubt that Kellen will be inserted, to see if he can actually QB this team for years to come...We hope.

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I agree with Kurt , whilst I'm a Chad fan there is a limit as to what he has in the arsenal. Deep balls that stretch defenses are not him and that alone limits are creativity , and IN MY OPINION (See Jetophile , Ha!) come the end of the season if we are still in the hunt we will have very little left in the tank apart from these playground trick plays.

12. FatStupidLoser

Screwed up.

#192 FatStupidLoser, Aug 19, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  13. FatStupidLoser

"Tom Brady got picked twice and completed slightly above 50% of his passes today against a porous Titans defense"

Its time Brady lost his starting job. There are clearly better QBs in New England after this performance.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Chad got the HOF version of Curtis for 1 year andthat year Chad finished the year w/ a torn rotator cuff. Coles was great last year and in '02 but he's only had him 2 years, Chrebet was clearly near the end when Chad took over and it's not just the offense it's the D as well. He had 1 year w/ a really good D and again that year was the year he tore his rotator cuff.

excellent starting WRs, 2 really good RBs, a good blocking TE. yeah he has some good weapons but the OL isn't great and the D might not be good enough.

He did have the 22 TDs in 13 starts let's not forget.

Top flight QBs don't just throw alot of TDs- they WIN! Chad's a winner, he finds ays to gt the Ws and that's why he's a top fligth QB. When he plays we usually win, when he doesn't we usually lose.

It'sd not just the QB, our D prevents us from coming back as well. he did lead us back from 14 down in the 4th qtr against the Giants in '03, 11 down in the 3rd and 8 down w/ a few mins in the 4th at oak in '03, he kept brining us back against Indy in '03 only to see the D and Sts keep giving it back, he also broguht us back against Miami in '02, Den in '02, jax in '03, Buf in '04, SF in '04, Miami last year. Not many QBs are coming back from 0 down in the 4th and Chad's done it and he's brogt us back numerous other times. You guys really sell him short.

Amazingly all he does is win w/ that poor arm strength. If only we had a Qb like Ryan leaf w/ an amazing arm we'd be set, right?

How did he leave a mess here? the core of the team that won 10 games a year ago was left behind by him and TB. We were badly INJURED in 2005- that's why we were 4-12!

What mess is he creating in KC? By getting younger and loking at the future? by taking a franchise that had 1PO app in 8 years and take them there year 1? He didn't inherit a great franchise to begin w/, you amke it sound like they won 3 SBs before he took over. They have ZERO playoff wins in the last 13 years. Joe Montana was their QB the last time KC won a playoff game.

Al Chad does is win, it's not his fault we have lost to BETTER teams in the playoffs, give me the playoff game we were the better team in that we lost? He needs soe help, he is not the type to carry a team to a SB, he neeedshes to get there and he hasn't had it.

Up until last year Chad had never throw a RZ INT either, i'll take a smart QB over a dumb one any day like Todd who threw an INT in the EZ to cot us a playoff game.

You can enjoy Todd and O'B more all you want, I wat towin and we've won more w/ Chad. No jet QB has more postseason apps than Chad.

Ryan leaf is available, Browning Nagle is available, Tim Couch is available, Daunte was available a few weeks ago. those guys can sretch a D but there's more to playing QB than that.

Yet 3 years ago he ahd us w/in a makebale kick if te AFC Title ame, had 2 rotator cuff surgeries came back and guided us to 10 win again. Not bad considering it's caught up to him.

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

It should have been. He had a better year, than both Bledsoe, and Manning.

16. winstonbiggs

Rich Gannon was the best QB in the AFC in 02 not Chad Pennington. If Pennington had every followed up his 02 season with another one like it he would have been a pro bowl QB. He hasn't come close and yes I know he has had two shoulder surgeries and a broken hand, which is part of the problem.

17. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Holy shit!!! All this over one bad PRESEASON GAME?

*runs back to the bullshit forum*

18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Thats why I left him out. But Pennington had a better year than the other two guys.

Beat them both wneh it counted as well.

19. winstonbiggs

First time guys have to make their bones the fact that he never followed up with anything close to 02 is why he didn't make the pro bowl.

20. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

If it looks like a troll and acts like a troll... its a troll.