Is Chad 3rd or 4th on the depth Chart or am I just a troll? Merged 4x

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Damnit you beat me to it.

2. Blitz4Life

Blitz4Life Active Member

if your saying he doesnt have that asset then he cant play quarterback in the NFL.

3. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I want to forget almost everything about the Late 70's early 80's regarding the Jets -- Especially Richard Todd !!!

Id take Chad anyday over him - I was a fan of him at Marshall , loved the Draft Choice and am still a big supporter , his best is still yet to come.

4. since83

since83 Member

I think your comment is in line with my sarcasm. We're on the same page. he's a turnover machine.

5. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

They have the internet at the looney bin???

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

:sad: noodle arm made it to the end zone....the vikes got 14 points.:sad:

7. mr nyjet

that's silly. they won't cut chad this year. cap reasons.:eek:hmy:

8. mr nyjet

the best statement of the problem with the jets offense ever posted.:)

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

To Say favoring one over the other is Looney Bin material is outrageous - Chad Obviously has better overall stats but I wouldnt call you nuts to prefer Todd.

Career Stats

Completion % Chad 65.1% , Todd 54.3%
    Yards per Attempt Chad 7.2 , Todd 6.9 (whose King of the Dink and Dunk)
    Touchdowns to Int Chad 72 - 46 ( +26) , Todd 124 - 161 ( -37)
    Passing Yards Chad 61 games , 11973 Yards (196 game)
    Todd 119 games, 20610 Yards (173 game)

Postseason Todd 2-2 (4tds , 12 int , 78 of 140 1,026 yards)
    Chad 2-3 (7tds , 4 int , 107 0f 178 1166 yards)

Todd had a much better O Line than Chad ever did , had Freeman Mcneil , Wesley Walker , A decent TE in Barkum

And Richard Todd was never exciting to watch , Namath Yes , O'brien Yes , Todd NO!

#149 Section 336, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  10. mr nyjet

so, you and i did watch the same game. wonder which game junc was watching?:eek:hmy:

11. mr nyjet

you mean hallucinate?:eek:hmy:

12. Ryan

Ryan Banned

I can hear the thuds of bodies jumping off the bandwagon.... Maybe we should sign Testaverdae :)

13. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

I was commenting on the "best is yet to come" part. And I am also not talking about CAREER stats. I'm talking about the way Chad is playing TODAY. Weak arm and mistake prone. Todd....strong arm and mistake prone. Do the math. TODAYS Chad vs Todd in the early 80's. No contest.

#153 Al Dorow, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  14. mr nyjet

Most of us want a QB that can throw a pass without a receiver and a priest waiting to pronounce him dead after the catch. :rofl: :rofl2:

15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Man, I'm really glad I didn't see this game...

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We won b/c they only let him throw 12 times. He didn't have a chance to kill us. The O looked MUCH better when Qincy was hurt and brooks came in for a series.

he's on his way to destroying another franchise? The jets got BETTER when he took over and he's the all time leader in jets history in postseason apps, the chiefs got BETTER when he took over making the playoffs for the first time in 3 years. What franchises has he been destroying? He didn't take over SB tgeams and run them into the ground, he took over a Jets team that had missed the playoffs 2 straight years, had 1 AFC East title ever, had 8 total PO appearances and 2 in 14 years and in 5 years he made the playoffs 3 times and won a div title. In KC he took over a franchise that missed the playoffs 2 straight years and had been to the playoffs 1 time in 8 years and he guided them in year 1.

That's great, Chad can make few of the throws that a Ryan leaf or Jeff george could make but he's still a top QB. he's smarter than most and more accurate and most importantly he finds ways to WIN!

We all know he doesn't have a Ryan leaf type arm, again you don't need one to win. W/ a torn rotator cuff he threw a ball almost 60 yards in the air beating 2 defenders in the '04 playoffs. he can make all the throws he needs to make. Would I rather he had a stronger arm? absolutely but he doesn't just like other QBs w/ stronger arms don't have the mind or accuracy Chad possesses. There aren't many perfect combos.

I wouldn't. We've had guys like that in richard Todd, ken O'Brien, Boomer, Browning nagle and they didn't win enough. Most Qbs have weaknesses, Chad's strengths outweigh his weak arm.

Where did i say he was good last night? I said he stunk but I am not letting 1 preseason game cloud my judgement of the guy. That is silly and the overreactions on this board are downright comical.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The same old game? We can use just about any of his postseason games. The man threw at least 1 INT in every playoff game he played in and in 3 of the 4 he threw multiple INTs. he played in 4 playof games and threw TWELVE INTs. Do you think 4 TDs to 12 INTs is a good ratio?

You are posting so i guess so.

18. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

I support Chad 100% and dont take much notice of his struggles last night, I would rather him struggle now so he knows what he has to work on in training rather than screw up in week 1 agaisnt the Pats. He had a poor game yes but lets judge him on how he reacts to that, lets watch the practise sessions and see how he does next week. Im not ready to hit the big red shiny panick button just yet.

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

jaywayne12,

Very good post it gave a couple of good laughs and was pretty accurate. However for now Chad is still the best option this team has. IMO.

I think this is a similar example, and it pains me to make it................

sorry I can not make comparisons to Jay Fielder and the aftermath of the Dolphins, nope can not do it............... carry on.

20. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Pennington picked up right where he left off

..ie the lobbed dump off vs NE in playoff game that took us out of the game.....ooh yeah the Dline of NE picked it off