Is Chad 3rd or 4th on the depth Chart or am I just a troll? Merged 4x

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Aug 17, 2007.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Give me a break, they played to carter's strengths. if they opened up the playbook for him we would have seen turnover after turnover and we probably wouldn't have beaten Cle or Ari who we struggled mightily to be beat.

The bottom line is our k had to make 1 of 2 makeable FGs, he didn't and we lost. Chad had the early turnover then protected the ball from there. Quincy would have had more TOs and we wouldn't even have been in that game.

2. nyjunc

"we ain't won shit"? ok.

The facts are Chad is the ONLY QB in Jets history to lead us to the postseason 3 times, the facts are herm is the ONLY HC in jJts history to lead us to 3 postseasons. Those are facts, no we haven't reached a SB(playing in a div w/ a dynasty team and playing in a difficult conf have had something to do w/ that) but it hasn't been Chad's fault. Chad is good enough to lead us there, we just need to increase the talent around him.

3. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i forgot how much junc like to multi quote....

and junc, lets not get crazy, you dont always spout "facts", you carry on with cetrain numbers that you try to help your arguement with when you seemingly miss the ones that shoot down most of what you say.

chad has never been impressive when it comes to most of his numbers, and others get skewed, like completion %. he can complete the piss out of a 5 yarder, but anything over 10 yards he has trouble doing (and were not talking about the 2 yarders that has big YACs)

4. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

That Baltimore game was arguably the most pathetic coaching job we saw from that regime which had a few doozies. Compounded by the fact that they attempted to throw Carter under the bus for it.

We obviously don't know what would've happened had Carter played junc but given Chad's production in the game you've got an uphill battle saying that Carter would've done less then Pennington, who did absolutely nothing.

5. nyjunc

The comedy never ends in here.:rofl2:

Again you prefer 5 INTs in a Championship game to 2 INTs in a preseason game?

by the way, Chad has 4 postseason INTs in 178 attempts, Todd had 12 postseason INts in 140 attempts and was the direct reason we lost in '81 and '82. Chad was part of the reason we have lost in '02, '04 and '06 but he wasn't directly responsible like Todd was.

6. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

now, im NOT defending brien....BUT....herm having chad take the knee and backing us up another 2-3 yards didnt help the fact either.

7. nyjunc

The Jordan pass was one of the worst calls I have ever seen so I agree in part about baltimore. Carter did belong under the bus for that final drive when he wasted our last To and didn't give us another chance to score a TD.

Carter's track record tells us all we need to know. There's no way he has succes against pitt's top ranked '04 D on the road. The man led us to 23 pts at Cle and Ari- how could we have expected him to score against that Pitt D?

8. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

you mean like having a running back that leads the league in rushing?

what kind of recievers would you suggest to put on the field with chad? guys that could get downfield and catch the deep ball? not really. he needs guys that can catch the ball and make something out of the dinks and dunks, which he has had.

sometimes you have to look at stuff objectively...instead of the homeriffic subjectiveness you do.

9. nyjunc

I agree, i have always said that was a dumb move BUT he missed a 47 yarder by inches a minute earlier, all he ahd to do was hit the ball the same way on the 43 yarder and we are playing in NE a week later where we likely would have lost but you never know.

10. nyjunc

Curtis had his worst full season in 2002, the year Chad led us to a division ttile and led the NFL in passing. Curtis did nothing for us against Oak, coles was awful, chrebet was awful. Chad didn't play well but if the other guys showed up it would have helped him a bit, don't you think?

yes I am a homer b/c i am defending a guy who does nothing but win for us:lol: This board is pure comedy today.

11. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

He didn't play well at Cle but you like to talk about wins and losses and Carter should've been 3-0 during his stretch. Arizona they only let him throw 12 times and one of them was a long TD. Maybe he hits a big play like that against the Steelers. Maybe he doesn't. Still wouldn't have been hard to top Pennington's 5.5 YPA with a 64% completion rate.

12. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

All you do is bring up the same old game over and over again. And WHY...because that's all you have to defend yourself....ONE 5 interception day in the Miami swamp. Give me a break. That ONE game didn't make up his whole career. Most of the time he played well and when he didn't he might have thrown 2 picks in a game.....You know....like Chad is doing NOW....at HOME....on a solid playing surface. The difference is...TODD COULD HIT A RECEIVER MORE THAN 8 YARDS DOWN THE FIELD. His arm was a threat to strike deep at any time. Todd was exciting to watch. Chad is dull. Same old dink and dunk crap...which I was fine with as long as he was successful...But now he's making stupid mistakes. The SAME mistakes you Todd haters bring up all the time. Stop trying to grab at that ONE bad day in the worst weather conditions ever. Pound for pound...Todd was better.

13. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

He took flight on one play for sixteen yards with no options while the pocket was closing on him. The second pick he threw is sticking in my mind. Why did he force that? He should come back with a different attitude.

#133 DOOM, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  14. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

I think everyone is aware that Winning and losing doesn?t matter in preseason.

It?s about trying different schemes, test drive blitz packages and lining up in bad sets to see how players react to being out of position.

However a team like the Jets that has a QB like Chad which has poor arm strength, late delivery, limited mobility, can't keep sideline throws inbounds, under throws deep balls etc. could sure use the preseason as a moral booster!

It's his chance to show people that he fixed his problems from the previous season, to come out early and show other teams D that he?s not going to make the same mistakes, and most importantly he could use the preseason to rally the support of his fans prior to the beginning of the season.

That was awful last night...

Peace out.

15. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

I hate Chad Pennington. A lot.

And it pains me to say this, but seriously, everyone stop panicking. It's just one preseason game. PRESEASON. Who cares. Wait until he screws up in the regular season before we call for his head. I know we're all passionate about the Jets, but it is P R E S E A S O N. I'd absolutely love to rip into Pennington because of last night's game. IT'S PRESEASON. It means nothing. Zip. Zero. Nada. Zilch. Yeah, he wasn't sharp. Big deal. One game. One PRESEASON game. His first pass attempts in a legit full contact game since the playoffs. Seriously, we can stop panicking, for now. We can wait to rip into him until the regular season.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Did I miss something? Is Richard Todd in the Pro Football Hall of Fame?

17. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Junc,

Your knowledge and history of the Jets is very admirable. You truly lose me with your common sense though. You defended a coach who is on his way to destroying another franchise in KC and now you defend a QB that couldnt win the punt pass and kick for twelve year olds.

He would probably win the punt and kick portion..but not the pass.

As I stated earlier in this thread...Clemens touchdown pass to JM was all anyone that has followed Chads career would ever have to see to fully understand Chads incredible limitations. Jmac caught a pass and actually had time to do something with it (personally, I believe he was shocked when he realized there werent 3 guys on his back riding him like wild dogs in heat....they way most of Chads slow motion passes seem to end).

Nobody...not one person is questioning Chads heart...his ability to lead...his ability to win 10 games when surrounded by a good cast. Nobody will say he is not smart enough...that he doesnt have the mind of a great NFL QB.

What most are trying to explain...and for some reason you continue to want to look at stats and numbers...is that he doesnt have the arm to be able to stretch a defense. Defenses flat out do not respect him.

Its what you want in an NFL QB leading your team that you and most on this board will always hold different opinions.

Most of us want a QB that can throw a pass without a receiver and a priest waiting to pronounce him dead after the catch.

I would take an average QB with the abililty to stretch the field over an above average QB who constantly has the punt clock guy searching for his hang time button on every pass he makes.

18. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

I love Chad but i have to agree with you. After all the years of bullshit i will support him 300% but the second he fucks up early in the regular season his ass is gonna feel the bench. Its preaseason so he can get away with this. he just better come back next week and light it up...

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Richard Todd is 53. I say Pennington.

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The East River is for old school, I'm going in the Hudson River with my Curtis Martin water wings and Eli Manning ear plugs that I got at Xanado.