Is Chad 3rd or 4th on the depth Chart or am I just a troll? Merged 4x

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Aug 17, 2007.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

:lol: :lol: :rofl2: :rofl2: You have posted some doozies on here before but this one takes the cake. The man that led us to 10 points at Cle and 13 at Ari(the following weeks Cle gave up 58 points to cincy and Ari gave up 26 points to DETROIT) was going to lead us to alot of points on the road against the NFL's best D in terms of points allowed.

2. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I happen to agree with this statement. Chad did a wonderful job of leading our team with a new scheme. He ran it to perfection and he ran it very conservatively and against the sub par competition we faced we won a lot of games.

What we saw on the sidelines last night was a frustrated young HC who desperately wants to take the next step. In order to take that next step our playbook is going to have to be opened up, we are going to have to make teams fear our ability to hit plays all over the field including outside and up the field something we just didn't do last year. Chad is going to start this year but make no mistake if he is to physically limited to open up the playbook and make defenses back off and fear our passing game we will see Clemens this year.

4. Green Guy

Green Guy New Member

you got it nyjunc - NONSENSE!

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

He was 7-10 with 2 TD's. I think his statistics were awesome.

6. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

fixed________

7. winstonbiggs

How many offensive points did Chad lead us to against Pitt? I belive we scored 6 points against them in the regular season and we were minus 4 on O in the playoff game. Had our O actual score 10 points against Pitt we win going away.

#87 winstonbiggs, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  8. And it also held back our running game, which was trufthully the best in the league. The steelers were putting 9 men in the box comfortably.

9. since83

since83 Member

are you kidding me. did i hear you right in saying watch the turnovers go up. amazing.

10. winstonbiggs

We were in that game because of our special teams and Defense. Had Chad done anything that game would have been a blowout. Chad stunk in that game and slowed the game down when we had Pittsburgh realing at the end. Any QB worth his salt would have stepped on their throat.

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Well I have to agree with Junc here for once:

I was watching the game with about 20 jet fans yesterday. Quite frankly I distinctly remember the exact same complaints last year at this time. The exception was Shottenheimer and Mangini were complete unknowns and everyone was shitting their pants because the offense was brutal in the pre-season. I mean really really really brutal and everyone was worried that CP sucked and Mangini and crew were way above their true pay grade.

Fast forward to this year. Sounds like last year.

I know this maybe a reach and all going by how much Jets bombed :)lol:) last year...............

This team and staff handled the Vikings with aplomb last year when it counted. Maybe just maybe everything was so plain vanilla (dumbed down) that the Jets did not have a true game plan.

The defense looked similarly plain vanilla last night. It certainly looked like the Vikings came in there with a better plan because with the exception of Special teams they kicked the Jets ass. It looked like they were prepared for any plain vanilla crap we would throw at them.

One thing judging this staff on the preseason is gametime they are nothing like they are when week 1 starts. They are like ragu in the preseason. Plain old crapola, they use the pre-season as a tool nothing more and nothing less. Personally, I think this staff likes stinkers in the pre-season, it gives them a chance to really give it to the players and teach in practice.

As a fan, I am not worried in the least with last nights debacle. If I was a Jet than yes I would worry because then I would have one long long week ahead of me.

So freaking relax, if this were against the Pats than I would say lets be chicken little.

12. winstonbiggs

I actually thought we played well in preseason last year and thought we had a great chance to win 9 to 10 games based on that. I think we have better personal this year but I don't believe we are going to scheme our way to wins against better competition.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

you are all trolls..... :)

jil

14. winstonbiggs

I'm okay with admitting it as long as it's okay with MisterMoss. Junc on the other hand will never admit to it.

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I do not really agree. We handled the Vikings with their vaunted O-line and D-line rather well last year. How many times have you seen a team that got beat like that come in to the next game and try and kill it.

Like I said, I am willing to bet the Vikings game planned their asses off vs. the Jets running the same old plain vanilla pre-seaon playbook the Jets used. There is just no way in hell the Jets look this unprepared in the regular season with maybe the exception of an aberration game (similar to Jacksonville or the Bills). No way.

Also, I firmly believe that a team with less talent that is prepared for every situation is going to have a good chance to beat a team that is not coached as well. How else can you explain last year because even with the supposed weak schedule most every team the Jets played last year with the exception of the Lions and Raiders had/have more talent than the Jets top to bottom.

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i think whats getting some of us closer to the medicine cabinet today is we thought we were past the inefficiencies of CP and that the coaching staff and team was evolving into a cohesive unit that could give us an opportunity in decmeber and january......

jil

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

No by all means if it is Prozac have at it...............lol

18. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

But we know what Brady brings to the table, and his arm is good.

7/10 for 40 yards is horrible. Sure you completed passes, but 40 yards? Even on his completions they were lobbed there!

I'm really concerned, I always said Chad from 10-20 is money, and he was last night for the most part, but those soft tosses just cannot happen in the regular season...Sickening.

19. winstonbiggs

Here was my thoughts on this last year prior to the season.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=10609&highlight=Trolling

20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Since when do people get crazy off of preseason games?