Is Chad 3rd or 4th on the depth Chart or am I just a troll? Merged 4x

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Aug 17, 2007.

1. I don't think you're understanding. We're not referring to overall results specifically in the preseason. But rather the way CP holds us back schematically from being an elite offense. Sure we can beat mediocre and slightly above average teams in defensive battles...but we could easily blow them out w/ our WR corps and creative OC. We also continually struggle to score points against elite teams and often look downright pitiful.

Is is not clear as day that the offense has no consistent downfield ability? Or that safeties are constantly cheating upfield, knocking down passes and abusing our hung out WRs? If you think that is by ideal design, you are mistaken.

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

It's also not helping a young offensive line when they are continually dealing with a stacked line. It's tough to get some confidence when the D has little to no respect for anything up the field outside the hash marks.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Now we do? based on 2 preseason games? Ok, whatever you say.

By the way, kellen leads the NFL in passing yards this preseason so we know he'll be great this year along w/ #s 2-5 which includes brian St-pierre, J.T. O'Sullivan, Tyler palko and Dan orlovsky.

I like Clemens, he'll be a good backup hopefully but Chad is a winner and as long as Chad is halthy we'll win alot of games. if Chad goes down we are likely in big trouble this year.

4. nyjunc

So Chad held back an O w/ a mediocre OL, a poor running and no receiving threat at TE from becoming elite? Do you really believe that? W/o Chad last year we win 5-6 games.

5. winstonbiggs

This is Chad's 8th year in the NFL Junc, 8. He's best year was 5 years ago and that wasn't a pro bowl year.

6. This is a very good point, and proved true last night. The Vikes were stacking the line and blitzed twice as much as our D did.

7. nyjunc

Don't bring up Pro Bowls b/c we all know he deserved it that year and the most deserving players don't always go AND he was on his way to a PB caliber year in 2004 before he got hurt. Last year was his first full year after TWO shoulder operations playing in a NEW offense, w/ THREE new OL starters, 2 rookies on the OL, no running game and a brutal D for half the season. The man was most responsible for us winning 10 games a year ago. W/o him we win 5-6 games.

8. nyjunc

They did last year at Minny in a game that counted- how did that work out for them?

9. I sincerely believe that. The OL was good against the pass rush, and w/ the # of skill players we had/have combined w/ our offensive coordinators obvious creativity... We were capable of alot more success.

10. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Im sure its been discussed...but here goes.

The pass that Clemens made to JM for the touchdown is the perfect example what even an average QB could do and Chad cant do.

I played this play over 4 times just to see a receiver get the ball quick enough to make a move. Chad has thrown that pass hundreds of times...only to have a cornerback wrap up the receiver as soon as he catches the ball because of the 2 and a half hours it takes for the ball to get there.

Quite honestly, the interceptions didnt bother me. Its his arm strength and the way teams continue to play 8 guys in the box that Im sure by now, have Mangini and company scratching their heads that this team can never be a superbowl caliber team with a QB that has the arm strength of a sophmore in high school.

Watch the play with JM.....watch the zip on the ball and the time JM has to make a move. That play tells the story for any defenders of Chad that still believe he is the man. He clearly is not. Clemens is clearly not ready to lead this team...but I would take watching him for 60 minutes every week then watching Chads attempt to kill every receiver we have.

11. nyjunc

I can't help you then if you really believe that. We won BECAUSE of Chad not in spite of him, w/o him maybe the O looks better and gains a few more yards but I bet the turnovers go up and we lose alot more games.

13. And again, that may work against mediocre and sub par teams..but against smart teams like NE that don't mistakes either...we simply cannot compete b/c of CP's limitations

14. nyjunc

We can't compete like when we went into NE and beat the Pats last year? or when we were 1 of 2 makeable kicks away rom beating Pitt at Pitt in the '04 playoffs?

15. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

i've seen worse. Last time chad hung onto the ball while going down was against the giants in a preseason game and we all know what happened then. Let him get the shit out now so that his colon is clear come opening day. Its a good loss for the team. they come back strong against Philly.

16. winstonbiggs

We win that game against Pitt by two TD's if Quincy isn't on crack.

17. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

18. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

New England loss last night too....To Tennessee....

19. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Guys, you will not see the rifle-like arm that Chad has developed in the off-season from his strength and conditioning until the NE game. I think it will be the bait and switch. Chad will be throwing calculated floaters for the rest of the pre-season just to give BB in NE some bogus film to look at. Then BB will design his whole game plan around Chad's apparent lack of arm strength. When we line up on O against NE and Chad guns one 35 yards down field less than 20 feet off the ground to Coles for a TD; it will be oops time for BB.

That is how we will win our first game against NE. This is all a calculated baiting orchestrated by the genius of Mangini.

I can dream; can't I?

20. And again, I'm not upset about preseason results, they are irrelevant. What I'm upset about is our offensive scheme continues to be held back by our QB.