Is Chad 3rd or 4th on the depth Chart or am I just a troll? Merged 4x

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I wonder if Pats fans are calling for Vinny T to be the starter after Brady's two interception performance last night..

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

No offense taken at all I look at your opinion as George Costanza like. I take you calling it asinine as a compliment not an attack which of course the mods might view as a bannable offense but in this case they should view it as the compliment you intended it to be.

#42 winstonbiggs, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

A bannable offense? how so? It's a fact that it's an idiotic thread. You used to be a great psoter but your posts are getting worse and worse w/ each passing day and w/ each new agenda you promote. I hope we get the old winston back instead of the current version that is completely out of touch.

4. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Tom Brady has won 3 Superbowls.

I'm sorry, but Pennington hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.

5. winstonbiggs

My agenda is to see the Jets win a SB. This is a forum to discuss the Jets. If you don't like my post put me on ignore.

6. nyjunc

Chad hasn't won 3 SBs but sure he has earned the benefit of the doubt, all the guy does is win when he plays but for some reason he is becoming hated by wacko Jet fans.

Since 2002:

Jets w/ Chad: 31-22, 3 playoff apps, 1 div title. 2 playoff wins, 1 road playoff win.
    Jets w/o Chad: 8-19

7. I will go on record defending quite a few of the usual punching bags on this site. Frankly Brick and D rob are alot better than they get credit for. But anyone who cannot see that CP is holding this offense back is kidding themselves.

We have one of the best WR corps in the NFL..point blank. But rather than setting them free on creative mid range/deep patterns, they're grounded by a simplistic dink/dunk mentality. No matter how quick they are out of their cuts or how many hits they can take...it doesn't matter. The offense is still severely handicapped, and safeties will continue to jump routes creating turnovers.

Long term something needs to change at QB, CP has helped set a tone of character, lleadership and toughness for the future of the organization, but at this point he has become a liability.

8. nyjunc

What is he holding back exactly? he held us back by winning 10 games last year w/ 2 rookies on the OL(at the 2 most important OL positions) and no running game? Is it really that big of a deal that he was awful last night in his FIRST chance to throw a pass in a game in 8 months? Be careful waht you wish for, if Clemens did start we'd win 5 games, w/ Chad we could win 10-11 games.

9. since83

since83 Member

In my opinion chad better watch his back. The preseason does matter. Losing does matter and EM is only going to give the benefit of doubt for so long. True it's only the second game and many things need to be worked out. But those int's are Chad's fault and his alone. Yes he has a few weeks to work the kinks out before NE. But mark my words, mangini is going to make a statement should chad develop another case of the "we'll get it right next weeks". I'm still rooting for KC.

10. W/ Schotty at the helm and our WR corps we were capable last year of putting up big time numbers FAR exceeding what we ended up doing. Against elite teams, we were significantly below average, and it was b/cc any team that can rush the pass w/ smart quick safeties can jump right in front of the short routes and take away our passing game completely.

11. nyjunc

If Chad plays like that in the reg season he wil be benched but let's be real here. This was the 2nd preseason game and the first in which he attempted a pass. Let's relax just a bit.

12. nyjunc

It's alot easier to defend the pass when you don't have to worry about the run. What Chad did last year was amazing as again he had 2 rookies on the OL, no running game, the D stunk for half a year. w/o Chad last year we win about 6 games.

13. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

there is no excuse. other QBs like mcnabb and company did perform extremely well in their 1st game and mcnabb was on IR last year. there is no excuse. pennington fucked up, it's that easy. i'm not judging him after one game, this stuff happens. brady wasn't exactly brilliant either against the titans.

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I cannot believe what I just read...And this is based of ONE preseason game...un-frickin-believable. I'm with junc on this one. He's earned the benefit of the doubt.

15. winstonbiggs

This was the second preseason game not that any of them count.

16. nyjunc

By the way,

Let's look at Chad from last year's preseason:

week 1: 9/14 54 yds at TB, led O to ZERO points and had a key fumble deep in TB territory.

week 2: DNP

Week 3: 11/20, 125 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT vs. NYG, led O to zero points.

week 4: DNP

So last year he didn't throw a TD, threw an INT, had a key fumble and led the Offense to ZERO points.

Do you see how meaningless preseason can be?

17. nyjunc

He didn't attempt a pass last week, what exactly did he do wrong a week ago?

18. winstonbiggs

Speaking of agenda's did you notice that Clemens has 4TD passes in the same two games.

19. nyjunc

Obviously we should start him, he has 4 TDs in 2 preseason games. let's get that bust ready for canton- we can put him next to Stevie Anderson in the preseason HOF.

20. winstonbiggs

We know right now that Pennington is not getting a bust in Canton, we don't know about Clemens now do we.