Is Chad 3rd or 4th on the depth Chart or am I just a troll? Merged 4x

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Tom Brady got picked twice and completed slightly above 50% of his passes today against a porous Titans defense

Bottom line, don't put too much stock into preseason results.

#21 Gubernaculum, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  2. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

Exactly

It's preseason guys. Put your end of the World signs away for at least another 3 weeks! Chad will still be our guy starting week 1, and he'll be fine.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Wow, this is totally ridiculous. Had his 2 INTs not been brought back to the house we would not be having this discussion.....say what you want but thats the truth....

And here's more truth, Its the Preseason!!!! im not going to say the Preseason amounts to nothing, but the offense is very VANILLA and Schottenheimer most likely will not open up his creative side, making it very easy for defense to react to the ball. So guess what happened, the Vikes jumped all over our Vanilla plays. You can make the same case for last preseason, and how we were, excuse me.... how many of you were not convinced that Penny was ready to lead this team, and guess who was wrong?

You can make this case after the Jets have played 3 or 4 regular season games, and Penny still isnt producing but never should you question someones ability to be productive as a starter based on 1 lousy performance in a preseason game. And yes it was lousy, I was never denying that.

BTW, Tom Brady looked stellar tonite, did you guys catch that game?:shit:

4. MAJORPAYNE

MAJORPAYNE New Member

Statistically, he looked horrible. I say let him develop more confidence in calling his own plays this was just a step in many, he'll get better as time goes on believe that.

5. MAJORPAYNE

MAJORPAYNE New Member

Watch what you say about Chad its way to early for this!

6. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

It seems to have been dismal. I'll watch the game later, but either way, he's played worse and bounced back - that's the book on Chad as much as anything else - he always comes back. Look at the Jax and Buffalo debacles last year.

7. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Seems like last year, after those two games, we were lamenting the fact that there was no running game to fall back on.

Personally, we know Chad gets to a point in the regular season, and those sh*t games happen. I'd rather have it happen now than later.

Besides, in September, we'll have Jones back and Revis working his way into playing time. Why should everyone get their panties in a wad before roster cuts and training camp breaking?

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I don't know, ask Mangini why he has his in a wad.

"I told them after the game that if anybody has the impression that this is OK because it's preseason, they're wrong," coach Eric Mangini said.

#28 Don, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  9. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Bloody hell winston , you win shite thread of the year award.
    2nd pre-season game and Chads a losser again. Put him at 4th if you want see where that gets us.
    I have not seen the game , but only the 'lowlight' reel. Was this not a case of using different schemes and trying new timing patterns?

If this thread had been started by MartinandtheJets or someother 'respected' poster they would have been flamed more than a shrimp on the BBQ.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

What I saw was DB's jumping the short passing lanes and waiting for Chad to dump off so they can pick him. I also saw the usual floaties from Chad as well. Could he be that rusty? Perhaps. I do know this. If Chad doesn't take a quantum leap by the time our regular season is underway, this will be a long, miserable grind to game 16.

Keep in mind that last season, Chad was healthy in a new system and still threw 16 picks. He's already starting up with that nonsense again. I'm glad Mangini took the ball out of his hands. Maybe Chad got the message. He shouldn't be above Mangini's wrath.

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Thanks Gus, I love awards.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

he should be released..bring back Richard Todd...

13. Attackett

wow imagine if Todd was good...

14. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

No bother Winston :wink:

The thing with Chad is , (and I respect what Manginis sentiments were in giving him the starting job waaaay before pre-season) , is that CP seems to thrive on pressure ,my advice to mangini ( for what its worth) would be to throw open the spot. Maybe we could see Clemens step up his game if the spot was up for grabs.
    Tuiasasopo has always had great feet and should he be able to get coached properly will be able to help out.

15. Attackett

I think you are being unfair Biggs, Stuckey and Jackson should be ahead of Chad on the depth chart too..

16. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Pennington has nothing left to rove, folks. We know what he is: a smart, accurate QB with excellent leadership abilities and an arm with below-average strength. He had a bad game last night, and that is all. Don't rea more into it then that.

And to place Tui above Chad is just silly. I'm hoping that bum is cut, and Smith is the 3rd string QB.

17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I think a dose of reality is in order. Chad managed games last year and did very well against very mediocre competition. A full season of being healthy and another off season hasn't changed the fact that the guy has an awful arm. The Jets need to open the playbook and be able to exploit a larger portion of the field in order to take another step on O and Chad may not be physically able to do it? He has a lot of work to do between now and the 4th game of the season to prove that he can or it may be over for him as the Jets starter.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The obvious answer is to cut Chad and start tuiasasopo, Tui has played really well in these maningful preseason games while Chad sucked last night.:rolleyes:

this is one of the most asinine threads ever started(no offense winston, I know your agenda on this topic).

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Chad threw 2 INts in a meaningless preseason game, Todd threw 5 INTs in the AFC Title Game. The nonsense on here today is incredible.

20. KSJets

KSJets New Member

That's the book on most QB's. Manning and Brady throw picks too when they're under pressure. The key for them is that it doesn't happen that often. Manning hardly ever gets hit.