ALL THINGS REVIS - Official Thread - Deal Signed - Thread Locked

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

So how did I know...perhaps I am just a damn good guesser.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Hopefully the deal gets signed today and this thread can be mercifully closed.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I predicted the Jets would suck in 05 because of the OL and would make the playoffs last year because of the schedule and Chad's ability to manage a game against weak teams. It's amazing what you can pull out of your ass when you have a smart ass.

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

we don't know how you knew. what are we supposed to guess? you can tell us or not; the fact of the matter is, you have some sort of inside-info.

5. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Does the fact that you are the only person answering your "prediction" question give you any indication that nobody really cares?

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Hey, No Penny Blasphemy!!!!!!!!! :mad:

However, all these guys still worried about Revis should go look at the depth chart.

Right now we have a log jam of guys that can play corner, and when Revis comes in someone decent will be losing a job to a Rookie.....

The first four aren't going anywhere,
    Barrett
    Poteat
    Miller
    Dyson

One of these guys could be on the way out.
    Coleman
    Smith

7. freestater

freestater New Member

Smith? Eric Smith? Doesn't he play safety? Are there any indications that Revis can/will play safety?

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I don't think so but there has been talk of Barret playing some safety in the past.

9. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Smith and Coleman are both safety's. There was talk that Revis can play safety as well (going into the draft)

EDIT - Doh - Drew Coleman duh

10. NYJ 13A

NYJ 13A New Member

I hope this thread continues on after Revis is signed...

I think if any of the four CB's mentioned have anything to worry about, it's Poteat and Barrett. Miller did have a tough 2006 showing at the position, but I believe he's grown into the position more and won't make the same mistakes. When Miller stays focused, he's a solid player.

I hope the Cheesecake Factory treated Tanny and Shwartz well last night. Starting or not, I want to see Revis raping Randy Moss downfield while Dyson is bitch slapping Stallworth.

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

You're a fraud.

12. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Drew Coleman and Hank Poteat are at the most risk imo, but I don't think any of them will get cut. Injury is always in the back of the FO's mind I'm sure.

13. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

with Dyson and Miller gimping i doubt we release Poteat and Coleman. Cant Gini switch em to the practice squad? Or does the practice squad also ecompass the 53 man roster???

14. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Erik Coleman and Eric Smith are safeties, so their status on the team has nothing to do with Revis. Drew Coleman is the CB. He was only drafted last year and has played ok, but not great, so I doubt he will be cut so soon. Dyson and Miller are sure to stay. Most likely to be let go is Poteat.

However, it is entirely possible that they will decide to keep 6 CBs and 4 safeties on the roster.

15. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Poteat and Coleman can't be put onto the practice squad. They have played in too many games, and I believe at a certain point a player becomes ineligible.

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I tend to agree. The great thing about players of those two positions is you can justify carrying "too many" since you can put them on special teams.

And you can never have enough players available for the secondary, especially in a league where you have guys like Brady and Manning.

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

"In other news from the NY Jets camp, Jets41815162342 was put on the PUP list today after throwing out his shoulder attempting to pat himself on the back."

18. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

wasn't Coleman a 7th Round pick; if so, he has progressed well enough that they shouldn't cut him.

at least he has potential; at this point, Poteat has reached his potential and we know what we've got in him. i appreciate his leadership, but Dyson and Barrett are seasoned enough to provide leadership to Miller, Revis, and Coleman.

19. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

O MA GAWD!!1!

da deel iz close

20. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I am glad it is close to getting done. I do not view the time he missed as a major setback. He will have to play catch up, but I think everything will be fine. I just want him to stay healthy and he'll catch on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.