ALL THINGS REVIS - Official Thread - Deal Signed - Thread Locked

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I've decided to be anti-Revis from here on out. I don't care if he plays anymore. Just sign the unproven little bitch and see if hes worth being 14th overall. He and his loser agents can go fuck themselves.

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I'm so sick of seeing this thread on the first page every time I log in. Even the name 'Revis' is starting to get on my nerves. If he ends up getting what he's looking for he better be ready to play at a high level for a long time.

3. MAJORPAYNE

MAJORPAYNE New Member

Apparently the FO thinks this guy is a shit hot cover corner to want six!

4. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Guys, this is a business decision. I find no fault with Revis or the Jets here. They'll get it all worked out, and all will be forgiven.

5. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

Revis: I hear Mangini's camps are really hard and he makes you come in on the weekend. I don't want to practice on weekends but how can I get out of it?

Agent: It's easy we'll just drag out of contract negotiations until training camp is over and turn off our answering machines. All we have to do is avoid him until September and were home free, plus you'll still get millions and millions of dollars.

Revis: Thats a great plan, not as good as the "Jump to Conclusions Mat" idea but it'll work.

Kendall: Should I let Mangini see my O Face?

6. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

SYMPATHIZER!!

:wink:

7. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Update this morning from Hutch:
    Interesting. Verrry interesting. We'd get to keep him, he'd get to get paid - but what happens in year seven?

8. KSJets

KSJets New Member

The agent is being stupid there...it says they would pay him the franchise tag salary, not necessarily make him the franchise player. I don't see anything wrong with that clause personally. That number is only going to go up by that sixth year also.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

He'd be extended by then, or get tagged. So his compromise is a way of getting an extra franchise tag type year. Interesting, but I have my doubts that its enough to sway Revis into camp.

10. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

i think revis should really start thinking about hiring a new agent, otherwise this could go on for weeks. it sounds like schwartz is looking for a PERFECT OFFER from the jets and that's not going to happen

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The issue is that it would pay him the Tag money, but still let the Jets be able to Tag him the following year if need be.

From an agents standpoint, this means waiting another year to sign the big free agent payday where he makes the real big dollars not only for his client, but also for himself. Another year of waiting is another year of play in which his client risks injury to himself potentially lower his value.

As a fan this all sucks. I want Revis in camp yesterday.

As a business person, I can understand what is going on. Both sides are trying to do what is best for them. Tannenbaum has the downside that everyone drafted around Revis signed a 5 year deal. In the court of public opinion he looks like a heavy handed fool.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If he doesn't take this offer then he is saying he doesn't want to be a Jet. Fine we should just trade his rights and get over it.

13. DaBallhawk

why don't they just offer him a 5yr deal and THEN tag him in the 6th year if he's really that good (see asante samuel)?

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

They may have to tag Brick then.

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

1) Because the Jets have obviously fully committed to bending without breaking. There will be no 5 year deal.

2) If they waste the tag this far in advance, what happens when they actually NEED it 6 years from now?

3) This is about as fair a deal as Revis is going to get. Schwartz is trying to play some stupid hardball between this and the Kendall situation. Don't be surprised if Revis is the last player represented by Schwartz to be looked at by the Jets.

It's unreal that this douchebag twisted the words of the deal. Revis would not be tagged as the franchise guy, and is being offered the payoff of it well in advance of his first NFL down. How an agent could scrap this deal, and twist the wording to suit his purpose would be beyond me, if the Kendall thing weren't already such a huge issue.

I'm with Tony, I don't blame Revis or the Jets. I blame Schwartz for being an uncompromising douchebag. In case he doesn't realize it, the whole point of negotiations is to NEGOTIATE. That means compromise. I guess he didn't get the memo.

16. DaBallhawk

true. but they should be able to re-sign at least one of them at some point. plus LT's make a lot of money, so tagging d'brick would really hurt us cap-wise

17. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

For argument's sake, let's say Brick is far and beyond anyone else at the position 6 years from now. We'd actually SAVE money by tagging him a couple times at that point.

You seem to have an issue looking beyond right now. I understand, but seriously, you have to look at this from a long-term standpoint to understand Tannenbaum's POV here.

Yes, it would be nice to have Revis in camp right now. But I'd much rather, when 2013 rolls around, to have the ability to re-sign all of our core players, while still having cap space to sign key pieces out of FA.

18. DaBallhawk

oh please. i would gladly pay him XX million bucks/year if he really turns out to be the best LT in football, by far. right now he's closer to being a bust, so lets worry about this stuff in 3-4 years.

some of you guys act like the jets are in a unique situation. like we're the only team in football with the great opportunity to draft a player in the 1st round each year. and then there's this thing that some of you guys really think that all the rookies we draft, we're not even going to re-sign them until they become free agents. that's just ridiculous.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

"Tannenbaum has floated an interesting compromise, according to someone who has spoken to him. That person requested anonymity because the talks are ongoing."

I read this is the Star-Ledger also this morning and my immediate reaction was, "This was leaked intentionally!" And that's a good thing, IMO.

Unable to move the other side with private talks that had obviously stalled and rather than allow that situation, which is going nowhere fast, to stagnate into oblivion, Tannenbaum wisely speaks to "someone" who just "happened" to mention it to a reporter but wants to remain "anonymous." Brilliant!

Kudos to Mike Tannenbaum for trying to get the logjamb unclogged. And I'm for any way he can accomplish that, even if it means speaking to somebody and then... OH DARN!!!... the guy happens mentions it "anonymously" to the press. Put the heat on 'em, Mike!

20. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Yes, YOU would gladly pay him whatever. And I will begin thanking the good Lord immediately that you are not the Jets' GM.

We had someone just like you not very long ago. Tanny took his job thanks to his incompetence. Now the guy scouts for a living, again.

You're the one acting like this is a unique situation, so you need to stop pointing fingers at everyone else. Revis is a rookie, whom the Jets want to lock up for as long as possible because they see something they like. At the same time, Tannenbaum's entire job security rests in the fact that he's a cap genius. Not just the cap this year, but in the future as well. Therefore, he needs to construct contracts that benefit the team not just in the short term, but in the long term as well.

But that doesn't fit your argument so you completely ignore it over and over, and instead spend your entire day telling other people how wrong they are, while screaming that Revis should just get whatever he wants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.