Jets may be positioning Kendall for trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Warhound7, Aug 13, 2007.

1. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

For a hot dog, and two beers?

2. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

We need all the help we can get on the o-line -- we have no depth. Everyone seems to be forgetting that. Kendall is better than clarke. Don't fool yourselves. It's not worth a 6th round pick.

I say we meet in the middle and give him 2.25 and reduce his contract to one year with an option for 2008. The jets have the cash, so that's a non issue.

3. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

Yeah you're right about him being more skilled than Clarke...but he is a fuckin cancer. I'm wishing there was a little bit of sunshine to assume regarding Kendall but he has not changed his stripes. I hope he changes his attitude and maybe stays with this team.

4. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

The problem is he takes everything personally. He has to understand that the NFL is a business, and his paycheck has nothing to do with whether they like him or not or whether they want him on the team or not. He's not even that young, so you can't blame it on youth. He's just gotta swallow hard, keep his mouth shut, play the game, and keep his whining to himself and his mommy.

5. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

He was weened from the nipple too early IMO

6. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Look, the guy has a million dollars on the line. It's not about the team, he's business man who needs to get paid. It's just that simple. I always side with the Jets but the fact that he's doing what he's doing makes sense to me when I consider how much money is on the line here. I don't care how much he has, a million bucks is a million bucks. This is big business.

7. This is true.

But also keep in mind from the Jets end, that it would not be good business to extend and up a contract for a 34 year old rapidly depleting player at a non-impact position who's carrying himself against the franchise's core values.

This is all about the Jets sticking to their organizational philosophy of...

1. Not Negotiating deals w/ more than 3 years left on them, which can cause other players w/ many years left on their contract to demand further compensation, and create media disruption.In other words, disaster.

2. Extending the contract of a player who does not fit into the long term plans of the franchise. This is what causes salary cap hell. Look back at the large Vinny deal from 99, and the Chrebet/ Marvin Jones/Fabini pay outs from 02.All of those players were in their 30's when they recieved those deals, none were productive for the entire length of the hefty contracts they were given, and We're just NOW getting those off the books.

3. Not allowing a player to dictate the organization's thinking w/ media manipulation and poor off the field behaivor. This goes back to the "High character" philosophy. Give in to Kendall and you set a TERRIBLE example.

This is not a one year plan this organization is running...at this point, LONG TERM Clarke gives us a better chance to win Financially and character wise.

8. Denny

Denny Active Member

Kendall wants to play. The staff must sense this and I think letting him play with the 1st team allows for Pete to re-think his position while getting ready for the season. I think he has an opportunity to slide back in if he play as good as that can of film he's so fond of from last year.

If Kendall leaves the Jets lose a meaningful starter and Kendall will go to a team who has no hope and both sides lose. Maybe Mangini wants him to see that. Mangini is still respecting him as a player. I like it if that's what Mangini is doing.

9. MAJORPAYNE

MAJORPAYNE New Member

I bet this is a Mangenius Penguius! Move, let Kendall earn his pay teaching guys the checks and protection adjustments.

10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Pete Kendall will not play a down in a NY Jets uniform that counts ever again.

He has already established himself as a clone of Mawae, and we all know how that worked out.

That said, he will and should be traded, even if it's for a 7th round pick. As was already said, we need to control where he winds up. He wants to head to the Phins. If you honestly believe Mangini is going to allow a guy who knows our offensive playbook to play for a team we will face twice this year, you're out of your mind.

It doesn't matter what the talent level he may or may not possess is at this point. He is not the kind of guy Mangini wants in the locker room. We will take the best offer on him, even if that is a 7th rounder in the 2009 draft. The key is controlling his landing point, not getting back value.

11. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I'm guessing that Kendall's destination is the first team that loses a guard to injury for a fifth rounder or so. A contending team could use him.

I don't like his presence in the locker room. I'll be glad to see him go. I think the bad outweighs the good at this point. That said, the team has to get rid of him already.

-X-

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Everyone needs to paste this post into Microsoft Word and read it every morning, because it is spot on.

SNY was again at practice and Kendall's ugly face was again on camera at TC whining and crying about playing with the 2nd team. He even became confrontational with the reporter when he said, "So now you're practicing with the 1st team again and..." Kendall interrupted him and said, "You're premise is wrong... they've got me still practicing with the 2nd team and BLAH, BLAH, BLAH..."

Who cares? STF up Kendall, we're sick of you being the center of the interviews at TC. Why don't they interview Stuckey or Clemens or Brick or somebody else with a positive message? Oh no, they waste their time and ours seeking out this whining, bad-mouthing, coach-impugning, team-belittling, ever-so-unhappy, malcontent, Massachusetts misfit.

There's something in the Cod Liver Oil up there, fellas.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Kendall was assigned to the rookie bunks because Mangini knew even then that kendall would be rubbing shoulders with the 2nd string rookie lineman. Brilliant!

Mangini is playing Kendall way too much just to cut him in a week or two. Now kendell's splitting time snapping on the 1st line. Sure, a good offer could drop out of the sky and the Jets might take it, but having an above average OL making only $1.7M is a sweet deal for the Jets. Kendall all by himself represents the OL depth we all think we need. Mangini plans to keep and play Kendall.

Revis Rant: We messed up. By holding out to get a 6 year deal, we effectively "lost" him for this season. Even if we do get a 6 year deal, at this point he's only going to play 5 years. We should'a signed him to a 5yr deal early on and got him ready to play THIS year. Fn sucks.

14. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

I don't seem to remember many complaints of Kendall's play last year. Since he has become a "whining, bad-mouthing, coach-impugning, team-belittling, ever-so-unhappy, malcontent" it seems that all of a sudden his skills have declined to the point where people feel he can't play effectively now. I don't agree. Keep him and play him. Pay him or not, I don't care. But he is at the very least the best backup OL on the Jets. I would hope that something be done to end this distraction w/o taking a step backward.

15. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

I think Kendall is a very good asset, and I would want to keep him on the team otherwise, but his crying just makes that impossible. Waaaaaaaaaa!!!

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

No one is saying he can't play. Actually, just like last year, people are still saying he's servicable.

The key is, he's a problem in the locker room, and he's not NEARLY good enough to make up for that.

That's why he has to go.

17. MAJORPAYNE

MAJORPAYNE New Member

I want Kendall back, but only as a backup!

18. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

chances are they gonna dump him after preseason game 4. doesnt look like there gonna get much trade value out of him think about it, if your an NFL GM and you know that hes not happy with the jets and all signs are hes gonna get cut why would u trade for him when you can just sign him up. In my opinion the jets should just pay him the extra million he asked for. He helped develop are 2 linemen in dbrick and mangold plus hes one of the better linemen in the league.

19. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

The Jets should do nothing. Don't trade him, don't cut him, and don't pay him another penny. Either make him play out his contract, or make him hold out during the regular season, fine him & go after his signing bonus.

Kendall has no leverage. All he can do is whine like a baby, but I don't think Mangini really cares. He'll just let Kendall cry himself to sleep.

20. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

If they dump him, that means they just paid him over FIVE MILLION DOLLARS for last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT is what Kendall wants... Then he can go somewhere else and get another signing bonus...

That's BULL......

If Kendall wants to give some of his Bonus $$$ back, I'm sure the Jets will then talkabout letting him walk...

At this point how can you? It's like handing the guy Money.