Jets may be positioning Kendall for trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Warhound7, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

Monday, Aug 13, 2007 11:36 am EDT

The Pete Kendall saga took a curious turn Sunday afternoon when he played several snaps at center for the New York Jets. Kendall, who is stewing over a contract standoff, seemed bewildered by the move.

"I thought the organization had already decided how well I play center," he said sarcastically. Kendall, who typically plays guard, said he was informed of the move when he arrived at practice.

It could suggest that the Jets want to keep Kendall and are evaluating ways to use him, or it could mean they intend to trade him to a team that needs a versatile lineman.

Source: New York Times

2. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

I think the Times is right. The Jets don't want a disgruntled player screwing up the locker room. I think they're looking to trade him.

3. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

If they do trade him, I hope they can get more than a 6th rounder.

If they can't they should really keep him. He's a good player, and giving him up for a 6th would just be a waste. It's almost worth holding on to him and releasing him mid-season if it doesn't work out -- as long as that doesnt have major cap implications.

4. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

No, if you can trade him you take what you can. Why? then YOU CONTROL WHAT TEAM HE GOES TO. If you release him, he goes where he wants.

A 6th rounder sounds like NOTHING but it can be valueable moving up to get who you want... Take Kerry Rhodes for example.. 4th rounder.. seems like nothing.. Take Tom Brady.. 199th pick, studQB.

5. RedWhiteBlue&Green

Personally, I'd rather have him disgruntled than trade him for a 6th. I'm hoping, if they are thinking of trading him, that they're looking for much better. He is a good player.

6. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I think He's already causing problems in the Locker room. If any one thinks Revis is not signed due to any one other then his Agent ; who is also Kendall's agent they are mistaken. Plus I hear that One of the other guards are whining about their money now. As my grandfarther used to say Good ridense to bad rubbish!

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It will be tough to trade him anywhere as everybody thinks he will get dropped in the end anyway.

8. The most a team is gonna give up for a depleting 34 year old interior lineman w/ a history of being a locker room cancer is a 5th round pick(And that's being generous).

W/ that said, at this time his depleting skills and potential hinder in the locker room make getting anything for him far more important than being picky about returned value.

9. RedWhiteBlue&Green

I take back what I said, about not wanting to settle for a 6th. I think you're right. If he's a hinderance, you take what you can.

10. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

ESPN had that the Broncos are looking to trade DT Gerard Warren.
    Why not get another body that maybe can help Dwayne at NT?

11. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

I agree. Add to the fact that every team knows the Jets almost have to release him before the season starts and your ROI is going to be minimal.

With that said though the one team of interest regarding a potential trade IMO is the Browns. They have a horrible O-Line and should welcome an upgrade for a versatile verteran Offensive Lineman. Kendall could be the teacher to their rookies (Joe Thomas) as he was to DBrick...

....Let's get a 6th or 7th rounder and call it even......

12. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

I for one don't think Revis has anything to do with Kendall.

Kendall is just an old grumpy player trying to get one last pay day, and Revis is a young, cocky player trying to get his potential big pay-day a year early. It's coincidence that they have the same agent.

13. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

cuz we need the help on the O Line...

14. Warhound7

Warhound7 New Member

I completely concur. I think if we deal out Kendall for a 6th round pick that would be great. It was also send a signal to Kendall that his old ass isn't worth more than that. We dish out his contract and free up cap space (maybe a small hit). We then look to the future and getting younger in the 08 draft. Which, someone commented on finding Kerry Rhodes and Tom Brady in the draft, to which I must reply that HUNDREDS of other crappy players flew by in those rounds and finding guys like that is like finding diamonds in the rough.

As for Revis, which this thread wasn't supposed to go into... I think he's gonna sit the entire preseason before he signs just to show he's serious. I think the Jets should give him the deal he wants when the precedence for it is ridiculous (nearly every draft pick of ours since 2000 has signed 5 year deals). Thats my thoughts.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yes, you're being more than generous, Kurt. Of course, don't get me wrong, I'd take the 5th Round in a heartbeat.

But I'd probably also take a 7th, their guy who can repaint helmets pretty well and in a timely fashion, and their laundryman who can remove grass stains professionally, if they have one. 20 Dominoes pizzas would sweeten the deal too, I suspect.

Seriously though, Kurt, I'd be curious to hear your opinions of Clarke, now that we've seen him against Atlanta:

1) Did he hold his own as well as you'd hoped?

2) Do you think he can fill the void if Kendall is traded?

3) What is your opinion of his blocking both in running and passing situations?

Curious minds (namely me) want to know what you think.

16. As you know, I live in Hartford, which cable carrier' did not show the game. They also have yet to show it on NFL network. All ive really seen of the game are the main highlights, which did not showcase much of the first team O.

I'm anxious to get a look at clarke, and when I do I will post my opinions.

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

For God's sake, are these people out of their minds? You're quite possibly the ultimate take on our O-linemen. Who am I to listen to? Adam Schein? Man, you belong in the NY area.

Anyway, it was great hooking up with you and T-Bird and I hope to see you again next year. When the Jets start up TC in NJ, we'll get some guys together and make that first camp. Until then, see you next year for the final Hempstead TC.

18. wmoore29

wmoore29 New Member

hell, i would take either a late pick or a ball boy as long as we don't let that cry baby get what he wants and we send a message to future cry babies.

19. freestater

freestater New Member

we won't get anything for kendall. GMs know we are going to cut him before wk1. Personally, I don't even care if he lands in Miami. He's not enough to dig them out of the hole they're in, and by the time they can even right that ship, Kendall will be collecting soc sec.

20. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'd trade him for anything at this pt.