Chad should have thrown more

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Blitz4Life, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Blitz4Life

Blitz4Life Active Member

Is there anyone else who thinks Chad should have thrown the ball at least once last night? I don't understand whyjust because they ran 12 times that he couldnt go into the second quarter to get a few throws under his belt. anyways, my other thing was that I immediately llike David Harris because he looks like a future pro bowler and also, pouha is a SISSY I don't think I need to say anything specific about it. Alright guys, im out

2. Joe W. Namath

Joe W. Namath New Member

Because of o-line gave up 7 sacks in the scrimmage. Mangini does not want to get our best player killed in the 1st pre-season game.

The Jets will work on pass blocking all week and Chad will throw some in preseason week 2.

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I have seen Pennington throw 1837 passes in games that count (1659 RS; 178 PS). I did not need to see any last night.
    I just need to see him stay healthy and play well in games that count this year. If not, then I welcome the Kellen Clemens era.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

7 sacks? I saw one..oh, the scrimmage...nm.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

He means the media only scrimmage from last week I think, still a quick slant could not of hurt ha ha.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

edit: This comment makes no sense now that the thread title has changed.

#6 WhiteShoeWillis, Aug 11, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yes. That's pretty scary though if our OL gave up 7 sacks to OUR defense who can't put pressure on any other QB in the league. That would explain why they didn't dare let Pennington attempt a pass.

#7 Don, Aug 11, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  8. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Pennington is throwing fine in TC, who cares about last night. Last night he could've gotten blown up and then we'd all be asking why he was throwing last night in a meaningless game. Some people are never happy. Trust the CS and chill out.

9. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

:rofl:

Im fine with him not throwing, imagine seeing chad take the beating Kellen took... this O-line needs some help. I really wanted to see Thomas Jones, and Thomas Jones only so im satisfied.

10. hazmat

hazmat New Member

It's much more important that Thomas Jones get familiar with how the guys block in front of him then with Chad running the same pass plays he ran last year and all of training camp. It's basically the same offense passing wise as last year with the exceptions being LG, FB, RB. Regardless, I doubt what they do in a preseason game means anything.

11. jetbugga

jetbugga Member

all i wanted to see was the o-line and d-line. chad is our starter for the next 3-4 years so not watching him throw a ball last night in a meaningless pre-season game did'nt matter at all. clemens did a great job last night and hope he continues to excell because as long as chad is around, preseason football action is all he will see.

12. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

yeah, what everyone else is saying. Not sure why this couldn't go in the thread devoted to impressions of last nights game.

I would love to see you call Pouha a sissy to his face though! Played a lot of NT have ya? Yeah I'm sure you understand toughness, given your experience playing NT in the NFL and all.

I love it when clowns who couldn't last 2 plays in the trenches without exiting crying on a stretcher decide that a player is a "sissy".

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

it is called context. you don't judge the quality of NFL players by comparing them to pharmacists and bag boys, you do so by comparing them to...drum roll please...OTHER NFL PLAYERS! shocking, I know.

please say you don't really believe the nonsense you just spewed.

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

the line is a joke he wouldve gotten raped.

15. Blitz4Life

Blitz4Life Active Member

of course i would probly get hurt but that doesnt mean i cant criticize him when compared to wat his job is. I just dont care if he is "being asked alot of himself." if he cant do the job then just quit but dont be his defendant and say that its so tough because i know that its tough. However, he shouldnt be taking on roles that he cannot do. getting pushed back 2 or 3 yards even on double teams is no excuse beacuse it hurts the rest of the D. I dont think he is playing with anger and agression I think he needs a kick in the ass

16. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

It's not a big deal either way.

I wouldn't have minded seeing him throw a little bit, but I don't really care that he didn't. I'm not really going to criticize any decisions made in the first preseason game.

17. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I'm shocked that he didn't throw a single pass. Doesn't make much sense to me unless they are trying to mask something. Chad better throw some passes next wk.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i was also very impressed with david harris. he stood out more than any other jet last night in my eyes. he had a particularly great play on a screen, which he recognized quickly beat the o linemans block and made a play on the rb. i also liked what i saw in the rb ware last night. not great but pretty good for a guy fighting for the 3rd rb position.

both lines appear to be a bit of an issue at this point. defense gave up too many medium gain runs 4-15. no pressure at all on the qb, they were going nowhere on the pass rush.

19. wonderboy24

wonderboy24 Member

Rember there are still 3 more preseason games

20. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

It was mentioned on the radio during the game Chad threw 40-60 passed during the pre game workout. Not sure what was said exactly but it was something like the fans should have nothing to worry about.

It was just game one.