ALL THINGS REVIS - Official Thread - Deal Signed - Thread Locked

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

"You can talk a good game, but you need to come out and perform. We have not seen Darrelle do too much of that yet."

Yeah, Rillo, good stuff from Rhodes. This kid is missing out on a lot.

2. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

Lol.. Good stuff!

3. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Beside that fact that this makes zero sense, I dont get your point. I never state my opinion on anything. But it's ok.

4. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

By the way Revis is more than just our first round pick. We moved up to get him.

So he is our 1st, 2nd, and 5th round picks (we got a 1st and a 6th back) Since we got 2 picks for 3 he represents 2 high draft picks that we are missing.

I understand that our FO has to stand firm on 6 years (because now he will only see the field for 5 years) but this is starting to really piss me off!

I was happy that we got a CB in the first round because IMO we really needed a CB but to have this little prick sabatage our team after we gave up so much to get him is BS.

I still think that there is a connection to the Kendall situation because they have the same agent.

Well that is my rant!

5. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

it doesn't make sense to a lot of homers in here who support their team no matter what

6. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

ahhh yes. because I make one post supporting my team i'm obviously a homer.

7. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

It's easy to say just sign when it's not your money. This game is more business than football and Revis has to get paid while he can. The Jets would cut him in a second if it suited them. He should get what everybody else drafted in his range gets. A five year deal.

8. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

This thread has to have set some kind of record for most posts saying the exact same thing.

Does anyone else want the Jets to sign Revis as soon as possible? I'm dying to know.

9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I do.

(filler)

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I said several pages back that I don't care if he ever signs. He's a CB and as such all he can do is lose us a game if he doesn't do his job. I really don't see what the big deal is.

11. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

anyone else?

12. Don

Haha..yep..I'll leave the hand wringing to you.

13. NYJ 13A

NYJ 13A New Member

Well why stop now...

It's a big deal in a differnt way. Will the defense self implode if Revis isn't on the field? No; Jonathan Vilma was scientifically produced in a secret chamber off the coast of Florida and has been a machine since. Will the defense feel the the difference when a QB is looking for his top receiver and Revis is downfield raping him and Rhodes is waiting for the pick? Absolutely. Mangini was a defensive backs coach in New England and knows what to expect from his players who are on the field, so with that we will be all right. But Revis is the addition we've all been hoping for; a shut down corner that takes away a 1/3 of the field and forces mistakes on opposing offenses.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The guy hasn't played a down in the NFL and you're calling him a shut down corner? Please.

15. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Huh????'

So, somehow a cornerback is less important than other positions?

The same cannot be said of EVERY position??? (refering to "...lose us a game if he doesn't do his job.")

wow...either your understanding of football is very different than mine, or I am losing my ability to detect sarcasm...(I hope it is the latter)

16. NYJ 13A

NYJ 13A New Member

"But Revis is the addition we've all been hoping for."

Hoping was the key word in my sentence.

17. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

"Shut down corner" is used wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much on this site.

18. Don

A CB is no more important then other positions and less important then some. If he is really good then the QB won't throw in his direction so he may be involved in 10 plays a game. If he isn't then they will throw at him all day long. The problem with investing 3 picks in a CB is that there still isn't anybody on the defense who can disrupt the QB enough to cut down the number of throws to begin with.

19. NYJ 13A

NYJ 13A New Member

Reading skills are also way underused on this site. I'm not saying Revis will be out shut down corner. But it's what a team trades up 11 spots for to #14 to get the #1 ranked corner in that years draft, is it not?

Is it not!?

There were cornerbacks that were going to be available at 25; hell Aaron Ross from Texas went right before where we would have been. He was the #2 projected corner to go and we 're not hoping for him to shut down his side of the field?

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

While Kendall really has nothing to do with the negotiations, there's no doubt he's getting off on seeing Schwartz stick it to the Jets. He made a snide comment yesterday to the media about his agent, something to the effect that his agent is a "very reasonable man" or some such drivel, but that "he protects his clients well," or some similar statement.

He's a selfish prick who delights in seeing others "get even" with the Jets after how "poorly" they've treated him. There's something in the Cod Liver Oil up there in Massechusetts, fellas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.