UK Fans......TV Schedule just announced

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Aug 2, 2007.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Some good news here :up:

I'm sure you'll all agree this is awsome news , loads more games!!!

More NFL than ever
    Sky will screen the 'Hall of Fame' match on 5th August, kicking off a record-breaking season of NFL.

Last updated: Wednesday 01st August 2007

Sky Sports will screen the season-opening 'Hall of Fame' match between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the New Orleans Saints on 5th August, beginning a record-breaking season of NFL programming. The schedule includes for the first time six pre-season matches, 'Monday Night Football' each week, an additional game every Sunday night, plus coverage of the historic Miami Dolphins clash with the New York Giants at Wembley Stadium on 28th October. The unprecedented coverage for the 2007-2008 NFL season on Sky Sports comprises: *Pre-season: For the first time, six live pre-season games during August
    *Sunday: Live Sunday evening 'triple-headers' throughout the regular season
    *Monday: For the first time on Sky, 'Monday Night Football' live each week
    *Interactive: Two extra live Sunday night regular season games via the red button
    *Playoffs: Every game exclusively live from the post-season *Super Bowl: Live coverage of the big game from Arizona on 3rd February 2008
    *Extra matches: Pro Bowl, Thanksgiving Day, Thursday and Saturday night matches live

*Support: Including 'NFL Total Access' show six nights a week, a weekly highlights show, Sky season preview plus 'America's Game' Super Bowl series Coverage will be presented by Kevin Cadle and Nick Halling, who will be joined by a host of studio guests throughout the season. Karl Baumann, Sky Sports' producer for American Football, said: "With a record number of live games on Sky, plus the historic clash between the Dolphins and Giants at Wembley, there's never been a better time to be an NFL fan in the UK and Ireland." Our coverage begins with the six games from the NFL pre-season as teams make final preparations for the new season. The fixtures include the traditional Hall of Fame curtain-raiser between the Steelers and Saints, a Super Bowl re-match between the Indianapolis Colts and Chicago Bears and a chance to see early-Super Bowl favourites the New England Patriots against Carolina Panthers. The regular season coverage begins with the annual NFL 'Kick-off' match between Super Bowl champions Indianapolis Colts and New Orleans Saints on Thursday 6th September. Throughout the regular season a 'triple-header' of live games will be screened from 6pm with an additional two games available (6pm and 9pm) via the red button on the Sky digital remote. These games are part of Sky's enhanced coverage each Sunday, which will include rolling highlights and match stats plus live scores from around the league for those with Sky digital. Monday Night Football, featuring the NFL's popular commentary duo of John Madden and Al Michaels, will make its debut on Sky Sports on Monday 10th September. We will also show live coverage of the three 'Thanksgiving Day' matches in November, additional games scheduled on Thursday and Saturday nights plus the all-star Pro Bowl match in Hawaii one week after the Super Bowl. Viewers will also be able to enjoy exclusively live coverage of every playoff match together with Super Bowl XLII, which this season will be played at the $450m University of Phoenix Stadium in Arizona on 3rd February 2008. For those that wish to keep up to date on daily news, views and analysis, Sky will be screening extensive support programming including 'NFL Total Access' six nights a week, a weekly highlights show plus 'America's Game' Super Bowl documentary series. NFL 2007-2008 Preseason exclusively live on Sky Sports Sun Aug 5 - Pittsburgh Steelers vs New Orleans Saints - 12.30am Fri Aug 10 - Atlanta Falcons vs New York Jets - 12.00am Sat Aug 18 - San Diego Chargers vs St Louis Rams 1.00am Mon Aug 20 - Chicago Bears vs Indianapolis Colts - 1.00am Fri Aug 24 - New England Patriots vs Carolina Panthers - 1.00am Fri Aug 31 - Indianapolis Colts vs Cincinnati Bengals - 12.30am

2. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

I love that European flavor...calling the footbal games "matches".

Enjoy the season. I hope they add a few more Jets games to your viewing schedule.

3. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Great news...I'm happy for you Gusto! This should be a whole lot better than trying to follow the game thread I would imagine.

4. gustoonarmy

I can watch every game live on Yahoo , but the quality is not as good as my HD :breakdance:

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Three Cheers for SkySports!!!

6. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Bring it on baby! Coverage this year is going to be outstanding and Pats @ Jets season opener confirmed is just mouthwatering.

When cadle said on Sunday night "we've never had it so good" he was sure right, we have great chance of seeing Jets nearly every week.
    My only concern here is that once we've been hooked I can see a real hike in subs for future years, I don't have a problem with that and would gladly pay for direct Tv like our our American cousins, but some better get switched on to the fact that we are probably going to get a better service that some states in the US this year and some where along the lines some one has to pay.

7. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Gus, thanks for bringing us this news. This coverage sounds absolutely fantastic, plus there's the chance to see the Jets preseason game against the Falcons!

With triple headers plus two extra games via the red button each Sunday, there will surely be plenty of Jets games available. The question is - do I still pay for the NFL webcasts on Yahoo?

8. jetbugga

jetbugga Member

you lucky bugga's

9. gustoonarmy

Really? Link?

I will.

Schedule so far

NFL 2007-2008 Preseason exclusively live on Sky Sports

Sun Aug 5 - Pittsburgh Steelers vs New Orleans Saints - 12.30am

:breakdance: Fri Aug 10 - Atlanta Falcons vs New York Jets - 12.00am :breakdance:

Sat Aug 18 - San Diego Chargers vs St Louis Rams 1.00am

Mon Aug 20 - Chicago Bears vs Indianapolis Colts - 1.00am

Fri Aug 24 - New England Patriots vs Carolina Panthers - 1.00am

Fri Aug 31 - Indianapolis Colts vs Cincinnati Bengals - 12.30am

10. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

This is excellent news, ill make sure i get in at a decent time on Friday to watch the game then :)

Triple headers and 2 interactive games is good, but to be honest im waiting for the day when any NFL game is available via the interactive button so that I can watch the Jets every week. I would happily pay extra for that as im already doing that at the moment to watch streams etc

Lets hope they do show the Season opener! that would be awesome. And getting to see NFL Access is going to be a treat as well. Now they just need to start showing the Draft on top of the Pro Bowl and ill be even happier.

11. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

Although im happy the game is on anywhere on the Monday Nights its a shame Channel 5 has lost the right to show it. They did a stellar job covering it the last few years and also I found the American guy who did the colour commentary (mike carson???) to be very clued in even if his jokes got repetitive.

12. gustoonarmy

D.o.n.t f.o.r.g.e.t K.e.v.i.n C.a.d.l.e's drawn out sentences

13. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Gus, during the hall of fame game on Sunday the guys gave us a breakdown of the first few weeks of the season and the Patriots game at Jets is week 1 main game with 2 alternates via red button. Checked on my sky plus recording to make sure I wasn't dreaming! Roll on Sept 9th.

By the way the game against the Falcons on Friday is in slight doubt for "technical" reasons and is still to be confirmed.

14. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Jets are confirmed as a featured game in weeks 1 & 3 on Sky. I heart that. :grin:

15. jamie_llewellyn

jamie_llewellyn New Member

They mentioned on Sunday that we might not get the falcons game on friday, it was dependent on the feeds that SKY get. Would be a shame, but the regular season news is good. Are any of you guys going to get the Yahoo TV Gamepass? Seems a bit pricey to me, certainly in comparison to MLBtv, and ESPN gameplan.

16. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

Gus. When the Dolphins & the Giants are at Wembley for the NFL match, wear your Jets Jersey and give a big number 1 to the fish for all of us states side.

17. ukjets

ukjets New Member

Have to say I am really impressed with the coverage we have in the UK this year. More NFL games than Premiership games on Sky. Hopefully the Jets on tomorrow and then again twice in the first three weeks. Added to that NFL Total Access and America's Game, you can't ask for more for more really for a minority sport.

18. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I'll certainly be doing that. Look for me in the top tier at one of the corners with my green Vilma jersey on (presuming I haven't gotten hold of a throwback Titans one by then). :lol:

19. englishron

englishron New Member

when will we know if the jets falcon game is on sky sports

20. gustoonarmy

I'm not going. Was upset at first but, not bothered now. If it was the Jets I would break all records to go.
    The Phish already know who are the rightfull kings of the AFC east :jets: