ALL THINGS REVIS - Official Thread - Deal Signed - Thread Locked

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I would have to agree... Revis is not Jesus. It would be a shame not to get him working sooner, but it is not going ruin the team in the process. Bigger disasters can happen and we have not played a single preseason game yet. Give the situation time... it will all work out in the end.

2. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

i'm not hitting the panic button. it's just annoying to see that the jets can't get the deal done, that's it.

3. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

you make it sound like speaking out on a messageboard is going to sway the FO when it actuality all it does is make everyone remember DaBallhawk as "that guy who rode Revis' jock real hard during his holdout."

If you want action, go to Hempstead and picket with big fat sign that says Tannenbaum is screwing up...sign Cornerback Jesus - Darelle Revis Then, put that picture in your avatar.

Sure the situation is a minor annoyance, but I am pretty sure the Jets will be able to field 22 players come the first week in September.

4. capitan jet

capitan jet New Member

brady quinn just signed how many of the 1st rounders are left.. christs sake i hope they get him in soon

5. NYJ 13A

NYJ 13A New Member

Capitan Jet, I'm glad you said something because it actually prevented me from the vulgar filled rant I was just about to go on because Quinn, being the arrogant bastard he was after being picked 22nd overall has agreed to a 5 year deal. Cleveland is hoping they have the future of their team in Quinn and they only signed him for 5. I don't give a shit what anyone says about backing down or giving in. QB contracts are said to be the most intricate and there are only a handful of 1st rounders unsigned and we need Revis practicing.

6. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

A handful, as in 2. J-Russ and Revis. Pathetic is the only word to describe what Tanny is doing.

7. Force

Force New Member

Looks like Jamarcuss and Revis are the only players left now.

8. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

What is Tanny doing?

9. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Beats me, if he was doing something, Revis would be in camp.

10. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Wait a second. . .

REVIS ISN'T SIGNED YET???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

"The club announced the creation of ?Jets Flight Crew,? a 10-member flag crew (don?t call them cheerleaders) that will perform at home games."

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Actually, he's probably getting a manicure, his hair done, shopping for a new tie to wear when Revis actually agrees to the deal he's so graciously left on the table for him.

I doubt Tannenbaum is doing anything productive for the team. As a GM, his only responsiblity is to get Revis signed, and when negotiations aren't currently active, he just rides out to the Hamptons and chills.

13. NYJ 13A

NYJ 13A New Member

I guess that handful is what I thought...maybe subconciously I wanted there to be more than J Russell's grueling situation and ours to be on the board. Sadly enough, even the bad shit that's going on doesn't really get recognized. In a poll on ESPN, they wanted to know what holdout would effect which team greater, Revis nowhere to be shown.

And trust me, I'm not saying that this is the end of the JETS defense for Revis not being signed; but it's becoming a nusance nonetheless.

14. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

The people on the list (if i remember correctly) were Larry Johnson, JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn and someone else (Samuel?). I am pretty sure that the 2nd best RB in football and two "franchise-savior QBs" are more vital to their teams than a mid-first round draft pick CB for a playoff team.

15. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

they want the 6 years -- a 5 year deal has his contract coming up for renewal the same year as other high money players -- they want long term protection to be able to resign the guy -- if they aren't careful he will be a waste of a pick

16. NYJ 13A

NYJ 13A New Member

Yeah, valid point - but old man Strahan was on the list so it boiled my blood a little bit. Even though Johnson's vote took the cake across the board, I think they are okay as long as he is in shape. Johnson had a ton of carried last year (big surprise with Herm) and he is not getting any younger. We'll see what Priest can do if he's able to return in lightening the load on LJ.

As for the JETS, I am a homer and partial when it comes to highlights, polls, and overall press. I think we deserve more when there are plenty of the 32 teams that don't get what they should.

17. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I originally wrote Strahan, but didn't think it was a holdout.

By the way, although it was Peter King, he reported that Kolby Smith out of Lousville is looking terrific in camp for the Chiefs, so they may not need to rely on Holmes afterall

18. NYJ 13A

NYJ 13A New Member

I wonder how that situation will end up. The whole AFC West is under a new scheme in a way with Rivers still new and now with new people in SD, the KC situation you're reporting, and Denver in their new hopeful, Cutler.

The HBO Special on the Chiefs looks pretty cool and it airs tomorrow night at 10, I believe.

PS - Sign Revis

19. TampaJet

TampaJet Member

Geez, alright we all want him in. But if he never played a down for us, we would still make the playoffs. Let him sit, hes only fucking up his own playtime. Now I want him for 6 years. One man doesn't make a team.

20. DSkurn

DSkurn New Member

Hold the phone...

Did Brady Quinn really just sign before Revis?!? This is getting ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.