Is it just me ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JUNJOBX2199, Jun 18, 2007.

1. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I got this funny feeling that we will be heading to arizona in Febuary! All the peices are comming together; and the Jets are primed to stuff it down all their critics faces. Iv been reading all the football magazines and they have us regressing this year. I read these books and I think how in the f@#$ing world could they pick us to regress this year. We have a solid O-line and Chad is looking to be in top form. the Defense is going into their seconsd year of this system and Ill bet we will all be screaming when we roll over opposing teams. I usally never do somthing like this but this year Im dead sure! :shit:

2. Pride

Pride New Member

They picked us to regress b/c of the noticeable harder schedule. I like us a lot this year but only at 9-7 or 10-6. I still think were a year or 2 away from being legit SB contenders w/ the Chargers, Pats, Ravens, and Colts of the world. We still have some holes but the nucleus of youth is very promising. Revis, Harris, Rhodes, Cotchery, Leon, Vilma, B. Thomas, Brick, n Mangold. Plus other guys I like such as Eric Smith. If we add some more pieces to this team in a year or two then we will be up there with the lite. Dammit why didnt we get Adalius Thomas

#2 Pride, Jun 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  3. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

I see it as way more of a possibility than most...and I know I'm a huge Jets fan and all, but yeah...analysts consistently don't give us a shot..probably b/c we haven't won a ring in a while. That and...we're basically the Mets of football. Giants get way more attention. But F that. We are so much better this time around. Mangini will prepare these guys to no end each and every game. While I wouldn't say I'm sure we will get to the big game, I think it is a distinct possibility and I would say that I'm sure we'll go deeper into the playoffs than being a losing wild card contender.

4. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

The only way I see the Jets winning the Superbowl this year is if everything goes exactly to plan. That means no major injuries, Chad's arm being healthy all season, TJones and Revis panning out very well, and the young guys all progressing further since last year. It's possible. I'd love to see it happen. But I wouldn't bet on it.

5. luvdemjets1998

luvdemjets1998 New Member

Exactly. Big props to the strength and conditioning team last year. Now with chad having a played a full season under the new system. The addition of Thomas Jones and the other new blood, I feel they have to just stay away from the injury bug. It killed us in '03 and definitely in '05

6. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

We'd have to catch some serious breaks, like the Pats in 95, but I think we're a playoff team for sure and that's just a few breks from being a superbowl team. That said, I like next year's chances even more.

7. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

That is overstating it a bit. Mangold and Brick are developing nicely, BUT Moore is a penalty waiting to happen on every play, Clement is average on a good day, and LG is in total flux with Kendall holding out which will turn it into a committee position. And the depth on the Oline sucks. I definitely think we got better this year with Coleman, Revis, Harris, Jones, and the upgrades to the coaching staff. But lets not get carried away, the Oline is the weakest unit. I put us 1 or 2 years from the SB.

8. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

9. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

9 – 7 next year. 2009 we’re going…in Tampa and I’m there.

10. Joe W. Namath

Joe W. Namath New Member

We will be 12-4 this year mark it down.

and who is worried about the Ravens? they suck offensively and the defense is getting old.
    and the Chargers? please, have we all forgot that Norv Turner is the head coach. This guy is not going to get any playoff wins.

The only teams to truly worry about are the Colts and Pats.

and last year, we beat the pats and should have beat the Colts so we are right there.

11. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I disagree. I know theres someone out there with the stats on chad Eating turf last year Im curious to see where our O-line stacked up against other teams ,Plus I cant count without using My feet on how many hole Leon missed last year (probally young and impatient). Including the playoff game. Or maybe its My uforia (probally spelled that wrong) I quit smoking Pot ! and My stomach is all better (gastritous).

12. Pride

Pride New Member

The talent level on the Chargers can overcome the idiocy of Norv Turner, there just better then us at too many spots for me to put us a head of them

13. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

very true . But who thought they would exit the playoffs the way they did. Norv Turner Has offically spent his last NFL Cred he got from being part of the cowboy's hay day. I dont think they can overcome his fumbleings. If shotty got fired for 12-4 season ,then 10-6 or even 11-5 ....is that better?
    Its time. and I beleive!

14. Pride

Pride New Member

Shotty was fired b/c they felt he should have taken them to a super bowl. Simialr to when Rick Carlisle got fired by the Pistons b/c they care about championships not regular season victories. I would love to believe but my more sensible size just wants to see the young guys develop like revis, harris, eric/ brad smith, thomas n brick and see a healthy chad if not then what does clemens have. Then see the Jets build upon a 10-6 season

15. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

The Pats annihilated us twice last year. Do you honestly think we will fair much better this year? Not trying to be a total boo-hoo, I just think we?re still a long away from even talking about being competitive with the Pats.

16. Quack

Quack New Member

They're better than everyone at too many spots to put anyone ahead of them. It's always been the coaching. They had a good offseason, too. The question is if they can finally overcome poor coaching once the playoffs roll around. Despite Norv, it is still a change which gives them a better shot this year than they did last year or any other with Schotty around.

17. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

It's called June.

18. ChadisGoldenBoy

ChadisGoldenBoy New Member

Exactly it's June and we're not a sexy team weather we like it or not. We don't have the talent of a NE, IND, SD, but as long as well play as hard as we did last year with a year more experienced coaching staff I think this team has major potential.

Think about it this way, a year better seasoned Chad, a big play WR in his second year starting in Jerricho, a 1200 yard back in TJ, Leon who will be better and that's just the offense. Granted our line will take a hit with the loss of Pete.

Our defense, a year seasoned in the 3-4, a bounce back Vilma, a 3-4 end in Kenyon, more talent in the secondary in Revis, and a bigger better Rhodes.

I think we'll do fine barring injury.

19. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I wouldn't put the Jets ahead of the Chargers in the regular reason. But, in the playoffs, Norv Turner is just too much of a liability. You know Mangini would mentally shit-beat him. I think the Chargers will win 12 plus games this year but fizzle in the playoffs as always.

20. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

In the NFL today, it's impossible to predict.

It feels like the Jets best chance will come in 2008 after another draft and off-season, but sometimes, your best chance is now, when nobody's looking for it to happen.

Pittsburgh was the team in 2004 at 15-1, then they blew it vs. the Pats. Nobody liked them in 2005 and they take it with the 6th seed and a sophmore QB.

Indy's defense was a sieve that scared nobody all last year, then they put it together for 3 games in January.

Bottom line, the Jets beat NE in the home opener, they're confidence is sky high and they run through the Bills and Dolphins to seize control of the division. From there, they may be able to hang on, win the division and grab a seed. Two games to the SB.