Herm: The worst thing I did when I was in New York was..........

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pride, May 15, 2007.

1. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Not at all......

We don't need to make Herm out to be worse than he is... Though I'd love to see the list of coaches worse. ; )

But As Junc say's - "HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH"....

Most people could accept and leave it at that.

2. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

well i mean the whole arguement that nobody wanted to coach here cause we had no talent, is crazy, then no coach would ever agree to take a job with a losing team.

3. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

The team had talent and it's NEW YORK.... The team wasn't going anywhere...

It's a Coaching gig in the NFL a Coaching gig in the NFL In NEW YORK.... People would line up to coach the Browns without an owner...

Just another ridiculous junc-tangent - And what's the point of this little side ride junc takes us on??? To tell us we had to take Herm?? That we needed to settle? and that it was ok to have a coach "NOT GOOD ENOUGH" due to no one wanting to coach an NFL team in NEW FREAKING YORK?????

WHAT IS THE POINT - Why id junc talking about this - is all this supposed to be just another Handicap for Herm?????? But, wait, Junc WAS HE GOOD ENOUGH??????

And THESE are junc's "Facts"..... I'm not really sure where he wants to go with all this when all that matters is:

"HERM WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH" (junc).

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't believe that at all. No coach is going to gice up a opportunity to make millions and coach such a talented team if he really believed that team was as talentd as you guys think it was.

Remember belichick went to NE to coach under kraft where Parcells had problems w/ him and parcells eventually went to coach under Jerry jones so I don't buy the owner stuff PLUS Gro had a year under the new owenership as did parcells so they saw Woody wouldn't be a Snyder-like owner.

that was just an excuse.

You still can't refute anything post 224.

Why won't you respond to post 224? You have NOTHINg to counter. Instead of being silly about it pay attention and learn something.

We had 4 people quit or decline to be a candidate PLUS one of the people that quit also rejected an offer to come back so 5 times HC's thmbed their noses at us. We had a choice btw herm, Ted cottrell and Mo carthon. Not much of a choice if you ask me and Herm took the job and was successful here.

Yep that's why 5 times a coach walked out on us or declined to be a candidate- all w/in a year's time.

There is no way in hell that many coaches would have left us or declined the opportunity if we had haf as much talent as you think we had.

you can continue to deflect and bash me but the bottom ine is you look like a fool(like always) b/c you cannot respond to post 224.

5. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

:rofl2: Dude....

YOU refute that post yourself... HERM WASN"T GOOD ENOUGH - NYjunc

What else is there to refute? What the hell are you trying to say at this point. :dumbass:

Don't tell me about the Jets history, tell me if Herm was good enough...

YOU say NO.... I say NO...

It's all over.....

"refute post 224 refute post 224 refute post 224"... What are you a moron??????

We've been over those points MANY times.. I post FACTS you post Gibberish that refutes your own statements...

Maybe you regret posting that HERM ISN"T GOOD ENOUGH....? :drunk:

Sounds like you do cuz it's making everything else you type just repeated nonesense that has nothing to do with the point of all this that HERM WASN"T GOOD ENOUGH - Ny junc.

Well, obviously you can't let it go and continue to bring nothing to the table but spins and BS and just about everyone here sees it but you.... :cluelessfool:

- I'm out for now - till next time :cool:

6. nyjunc

You are being silly as usual. If you don't have anything to counter my argument then step aside and just enjoy my posts.

7. KSJets

KSJets New Member

It doesn't matter what he posts, you think everyone elses' opinion is wrong anyway.

8. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Of course you don't because you're also the same guy who was trying to tell all of us what Herm really meant when he said his biggest mistake was not playing Cotchery. Only you would try to twist the own man's words into something that supported him.

IMO you lost all credibility at that point because that's what convinced me that you argue in support of Herm just to argue.

Now you're trying to tell us that what Parcells said when he stepped down was a lie. He wasn't really burned out according to you. Then Belichick's isn't telling the truth either when he said the uncertainty of the ownership here was a cause for him leaving. Well, he isn't telling the truth according to you.

Yes, all coaches are liars according to you, except your buddy Herm. Everything that comes out of his mouth is the truth, except when it contradicts your argument, of course. Then you claim to know what he really meant.

9. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

ksjets has a point junc, you say you're all about facts but what facts do u have to support your point of view that BP BB and groh left because the team had no talent? parcells said he left cause he was burnt out, a card he already played once before from the giants then came back with new england so there's a fact to support him. bb got more money and a sure situation in new england which he mentioned in his farewell speech, and groh said he left because he wanted to coach college. i mean those are all facts, if u think it was a conspiracy then you're probably one of those people that dont believe we landed on the moon.

10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

11. nyjunc

it does matter, show me where he was a bad HC. if you guys could do that then I might lean towards your side but you can't.

Please stop, the evidence goes against the ownership as the reason. belichick went to work for Kraft who parcells hated as an owner, parcells wasn't refreshed after 2000 but he was after 2001? AND he worked for Woody for a year and saw he wasn't a hands on guy. come on, think about it for a moment. i know you are looking for justification as to why 4 HCs(one twce) walked out or declined to coach us) but new ownership was not the reason.

I don't know what was exactly in their heads but they don't have the facts either. I don't care who the owner was belichic was not coaching here, it wouldnt have mattered who the owner was BP was leaving.

BB read a rambling, serial killer esque messgae- how cananyone believe anything he said? Parcells told us multiple times how the Jets were his ladt job, he told us that after he "retired" then after flirting w/ Tb told us that again. Coaches are LIARS. The facts are 4 coaches(One twice) quit on us or declined the job and coaches are all deserate to win, there is no way 2 would walk out on such "amazing talent" let along 5.

12. nyjunc

Jolley is irrelevant to the deal. nugent is one of the game's best Kickers alreayd, miller was a PB KR. we were getting Miller and Nugent w/ or w/o the jolley trade but the jolley trade got us extra picks which turned into Cedric Houston(qualty backup) nd some guy named Kerry Rhodes. rhodes alone makes it a great deal.

how do you know that? the facts are we picked houston from a direct pick we got from Oak and we used one of oak's picks to move up to get rhodes. They are all involved in the deal. it was a tremendous trade.

No offense but you obviousy don't understand how the trade went down and alot of people do not. They think we just gave up a 1st rd pick for jolley which isn't the case, we moved down 21 slots, got oak's 2nd rd pick and multiple mid rd picks which all turned into quality players along w/ one star.

13. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

This isn't about Herm so, I'll just comment...

Now, How the %#&*(*& do you know THAT... Ole Swamy.

More Facts????? Cuz some magazine said Miller was a 1st round talent?????

You're off the wall.

Ridiculous..... What you call "facts".

14. nyjunc

Those were the rumored guys we were targeting and knowing how Bradway talked a bit too much it's safe to say those reports were most likely true and regardless of that we ended up w/ Rhodes b/c of that trade s obviously that trade looks great b/c of that.

Now go back to making things up about Herm in your weak justification of why he was a bad HC and ignoring all the facts about what herm accomplished here.

15. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

RUMORS.... :rolleyes:

Oh... Ok... Just wanted to clarify that one...

Based on rumors THIS was one of the best trades in Jet history....

Oh brother.

I'll come back and smack you around again, a bit later.... It's been a HOOT... You're "Special"

16. nyjunc

yep rumors got us kerry rhodes. It's like trying to eason w/ my 2 year old.:lol: it's impossible to follow football as closely as you do and know as little as you do.:rofl: Instead of being so belligerent just ake a step back, ay attention and learn a thing or two.

17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Unfortunately I agree with you on this, they would have taken either Miller or Nugent with a first round pick it would have been further proof of the fact they were both boobs.

Cedric Houston will be a third string back if he isn't cut and Kerry Rhodes could have been taken by us without the Jolly trade, we could have taken him in the third and taken Pouha with our original 4th.

18. KSJets

KSJets New Member

The "evidence" was the coaches own words. You have shown a nasty habit of trying to tell all of us what these coaches really mean when they speak. So the coach himself says that one of the reasons he left was the uncertainty of management, but you know better than him, right?

His own words aren't evidence, but your interpretation is? Seriously, you're ****ing insane.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

cocaine is a hell of a drug.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member