Herm: The worst thing I did when I was in New York was..........

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pride, May 15, 2007.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That's how bad 1995 was. Wilson was a TB castoff(and Tb was awful in those days) and quickly became our #1 WR after being picked up I think leading up to the 1st week of the season and he paired w/ a an undrafted rookie from Hofstra. How we won 3 games that year I have no idea.

2. baamf

baamf Active Member

:lol: You can't get enough can you ??? Although I must admit it never gets old laughing at junk....

:up:

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You neglected to say our #2 receiver in 96 was Keyshawn Johnson and Chrebet had 21 more receptions then him. Why is that?

4. nyjunc

Key was a rookie and showed up to camp late yet in his rookie season he averaged over 2 yds more per rec, had over 100 more rec yards and scored 4 more TDs than Chrebet in his rookie year. Please don't compare wayne to key, it's not even close.

i am still waiting for you geniuses to explain why it's ok to think hrm lied whenever he said something positive but now that he said something negative he's telling the truth? Jericho Cotchery played ALOT during the 2005 season, are you telling me he didn't play alot? if you can find proof that he barely played in 2005 I'll shut up about this but since you won't be able to start laughing at yourself for making yourself look foolish AGAIN.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He was a different type of player then Chrebet. That's my whole point with this. Chrebet was never suppose to be a downfield threat, he was a posession receiver.

6. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

:LOL:

Bottomline is Herm lacks KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME.... He wasn't one of these guys born to coach who studied the game since he was 15 - He was an ok player, who stepped into coaching and got caught up in the Dungy hire the minority program while COACHES with a lot more EXPERIENCE were bypassed.

STOP RIGHT THERE. We're talking COACHES - people who ate and breathed this game for decades - Guys who studied every nuance of the game...... a REAL Coach.... Herm just steps off the field, not known as the hardest and smartest worker but, has friends and winds up trying to teach some DB's.

THIS WAS A TRAVESTY for REAL coaches to lose out to this Clown!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy was and still is WAY underqualified and won a few games in spite of himself due to parity and some weaker opponents and a ton of luck.... But, Bottom line was that neither Herm or Bradway assembled, or had the coaching to BUILD A CHAMPION....

And that's what it's all about BUIDLING A CHAMPION..... Sure Herm can squeek a good team into the playoffs - But, for any of his team to be Champions it would have taken a miracle bigger than the 2001 Pats - And even they won on Superior coaching....

Herm's not going to win a Championship as a HC without a completley stacked team with superior coaches around him who can do the REAL coaching. The guy isn't going to outcoach ANY Head coach in this league and is biding his time - Guy will Never get a HC job again since his buddy train has run dry.....

Guy is a complete clown of a coach and people still try to defend him based on mediocre numbers.

Herm - a Great Man, a HORRIBLE excuse for a coach.

But, entertaining... His rants are full of fluff, and BS cuz he knows not what he's trying to say about THE GAME.

That's just the Cold Hard truth.... People can have fun spining numbers all they want but, this guy is NOT a head coach and isn't a Brain of the game that you need in todays NFL.

SORRY Junc. Unlce Herm Blows.

#66 Jet Blue, May 16, 2007
    Last edited: May 16, 2007
  7. nyjunc

Keyshawn was also a possession WR, he was never a great downfield threat. he got the togh yards over the middle and also had alot of clutch 3rd down recs like wayne. in essence Key was a taller version of Wayne.

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

And as far as Cotchery is concerned..screw the therapist. Many of us..tons of us..were screaming that he should get more minutes..just the way many of us screamed that Jordan should get more carries.

Jordan isnt going into the hall of fame..and I was a fan..but not a huge one. Its Herms legacy that he wanted to play veterans. Those are the players he trusted. An insecure coach who has no x's and o's experience puts his trust in veterans. Seems logical to me. There have been many great coaches that have done the same I guess. Mangini is different..for better or worse. He is not afraid to fail with younger players. Herm was. For all of his "look in the mirror and be a man" nonsense, he is probably one of the most insecure NFL coaches I have ever seen.

9. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Everytime? I have never accused Herm of lying. Please show me where I ever accused Herm of lying. I don't even talk about Herm anymore. What are you talking about?

Using your logic, you believe everything positive about Herm, but whenever something negative is said, even when it is said by Herm himself, you think it is a lie?

This was a self evaluation about a specific player. An honest reflection by Herm and a mistake he made. I actually admire him for it. It says something a person who can honestly look at themselves and admit a mistake.

But you are now defending Herm against his own words, his own quote. That is just completely illogical and moronic to me.

10. nyjunc

is there a rule you have to be a guy who studied the game since you were 15 and were born to coach?

Underqualified yet only 2-3 coaches have more playoff appearances since 2001 and the funny thing is he IMPROVED the team when he took over. We missed the playoffs 2 straight years then the underqualified guy comes in and leads us there.

Did they build a champion? obviously not but we were in the hunt and a break here or there and we could have been. We also had a dynasty team in our division which never helps.

how did that superior coaching do w/o Tom Brady?

you guys siad for years he'd never get a HC job afer the Jets yet he did and once again in year 1 took his team to the playoffs after they had missed 2 straight years.

Have I ever said herm was great? NO! He's a GOOD coach who did a good job here and I appreciated what he did here.

11. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

WELL SAID...

It'll be interesting to see if Herm has learned a damn thing and COACHES better in KC - Some of us can differentiate between a good coach and a good W/L record and what's behind each.

12. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Any one who herd Herm's comments regarding our O after Hacket was fired and Hermdinger was hired recognizes that Herm has almost no understanding of NFL offense and probably had no input into personal, schemes or play calling during he's entire tenure here. Hackett along with an exceptionally talented team was the reason we went to the playoffs 3 times. As hard as that is for many of you to except, if you were really watching, that's the hard truth.

13. nyjunc

we had a HOF RB in front of Jordan and lamont has proven he can't carry the load in Oak. I always wanted lamont o get more carries but maybe they knew what they were doing?

Herm was afraid to play young players? Like kareem, Jordan(he did play alot), santana, Moore, Jones, Rhodes, Vilma, hobson, Robertson, Coleman, etc... it is a complete myth that he didn't play young players.

14. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

HERM SAID IT HIMSELF!!! It was his own quote. Why is it ok to believe all the positive things Herm says, but now that he says something negative you think he is lying? He was the friggin coach, he knows what he did and didn't do. This is just idiocy now.

#74 dabrowsk1, May 16, 2007
    Last edited: May 16, 2007
  15. nyjunc

When i say "you guys" I mean the irrational herm haters.

I do not believe everything positive about Herm. i had many problesm w/ things he did and I wrote about the, you uys only remember the positive ones b/c overall it was positive.

I am defending the truth, whether it's for or against Herm. the facts are Cotch played and played alot in just his 2nd year. Maybe he meant he should have started him>? maybe he meant he should have played him more as a rookie but getting alot of playing time by year 2 is playing young players and Cotch played alot. Just b/c he didn't put up good #s doesn't mean he didn't play.

16. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Personally, YES it would be high on my list of qualifications to take the guy who eats breathes and sleeps FOOTBALL and studies every nuance of the game......

Guys like Mangini, Bellichik, and Schott Jr.....

COACHES to me are born that way and are a special breed.....

Herm was never like that - He's a people person, he thinks he can moticate people - But, he's not going to sit down at a table and discuss the finer points of the game with the great minds of the NFL...

Hey, I'll take that advantage for my HC every day......

Why have a liability at Head Coaches Brain????????

17. nyjunc

I think he's trying to make himself look better and again I didn't believe everything he said when he was here. I am rational abot the subject, I am not 100% Herm in that everything he did was correct. i have discussed many faults in the past while the other side thinks he never did a thing right which obviously couldn't be more wrong.

18. nyjunc

i didn't say I wouldn't prefer a coach like that, I would NEVER trade back Herm for Mangini but to act like you can't coach unless you had those qualifications is silly especially the same year a guy like Dungy wins the SB.

19. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

junc, something you will never be able to do is describe Herm Edwards football. A former defensive back, is he a Defensive minded coach? Whats his philosophy (besides press conference/lectures). Is he an offensive guru? Run...run..run?

When you hire Herm Edwards, what kind of players do you expect to draft. Is he the bend but dont break cover 2 coach from the Bucs? Is he the Donnie Edwards..blitz blitz blitz guy? Is he the Paul Hackett guy? Is he the guy that screamed that the Jets need to open things up guy?

Who is this guy. What are you getting besides a glorified cheerleader...without the skirt.

20. nyjunc

Do you have to be an offensive or defensive guru? Bruce Coslet was an offensive guru yet our O's weren't very good w/ him, fassell was an offensive guru yet the Giants O's were never very good. i am more concered w/ winning games and he did alot of that. is he great? absolutely not and I have NEVER said he was.